Source for trigger/gun locks

Some police departments (or city/town hall), hand them out for free.

Personally... I prefer the combo locks (no keys to lose or search for).

Reset them all to the same combination and turn the numbers one digit off (mine are all reset "000" and stored at "001").

I've picked up a bunch of free ones at my local PD, because I keep losing the keys. I keep a pair of snips in my range bag now to cut the locks off. [thinking]

damn trigger locks. I leave my keys at school so often, I think I can pop trigger locks with a screw driver faster than I can get them off using the key by now

I've picked up a bunch of free ones at my local PD, because I keep losing the keys. I keep a pair of snips in my range bag now to cut the locks off. [thinking]

The Project ChildSafe locks that every police department has available (though the first person you ask there may not know it) only come in a limited number of key configurations. In the past I've picked up several cases of them from departments that weren't getting them distributed on their own. Whenever somebody wanted to get several keyed identically, they could usually find 3 or 4 by trying one key on different locks in a less than 5 minutes.

Ken

You can order them from Brownells in quantity all keyed alike if you don't have the patience to go sorting through the Project Childsafe ones.

Interesting observation: Some PDs, like Lancaster, just have a big basket of the locks in their lobby, free for all to take. Marlboro, though, you have to ask for them, as they're behind the bullet-proof barrier... and they only give you 2 or 3 at a time. And make you feel funny about asking for more by their attitude. Or they did that one time I was there, anyway.

Four Seasons does carry at least a 4 pack with the same key and I bet if you look, every 4 pack has the same key as the others.

You can order them from Brownells in quantity all keyed alike if you don't have the patience to go sorting through the Project Childsafe ones.

Interesting observation: Some PDs, like Lancaster, just have a big basket of the locks in their lobby, free for all to take. Marlboro, though, you have to ask for them, as they're behind the bullet-proof barrier... and they only give you 2 or 3 at a time. And make you feel funny about asking for more by their attitude. Or they did that one time I was there, anyway.

That's because it's bad enough that you need one. Needing more than that means more guns which, as we all know, means more death, mayhem, and destruction!

Some police departments (or city/town hall), hand them out for free.

Personally... I prefer the combo locks (no keys to lose or search for).

Reset them all to the same combination and turn the numbers one digit off (mine are all reset "000" and stored at "001").

Thanks for the info, Now where do you live? [wink]

I figured, at least by brand. Have 5 from the same company, each bought at different times and places. All keyed alike.

I've got a number of trigger locks from the same company, purchased at the same time, with different keys. Which is why I ended up getting combination trigger locks instead...

Then you should not like them back and keep things even! [smile]

[smile] I don't. I've never once put a trigger lock or barrel lock on one of my guns. I put them on the gun case instead, and then only just to make sure I'm following the law at all times. I certainly don't rely on them to protect anything...

Back
Top Bottom