Some very bad legislation in the works

wheelgun

NES Member
Boltonguy posted in the General section about H2343 which would ban sale or transfer of large cap "assault weapon" mags.

And I also see H2387 which would require a complete list of firearms be submitted for a CCW renewal, along with proof of insurance and a $250K fine if you lie.

There's just no end to this war [frown]

Boltonguy posted in the General section about H2343 which would ban sale or transfer of large cap "assault weapon" mags.

And I also see H2387 which would require a complete list of firearms be submitted for a CCW renewal, along with proof of insurance and a $250K fine if you lie.

IIRC the last time the insurance thing was brought up, it died... not
sure if they're trying to bring it up again or not.

-Mike

Insurance? What insurance? Insurance on guns or additional insurance in case someone gets shot with one of my "evil" guns?

I'm thinking that it's insurance to cover in case they get stolen. Then again, in this state they may be playing the card that you are responsible for any crime that happens with your stolen gun. I can't see where that would stand up in court though.

Actually with most insurance companies not covering guns, it's a bad idea not to get additional coverage if you have a good sized arsenal.

I'm thinking that it's insurance to cover in case they get stolen. Then again, in this state they may be playing the card that you are responsible for any crime that happens with your stolen gun. I can't see where that would stand up in court though.

Actually with most insurance companies not covering guns, it's a bad idea not to get additional coverage if you have a good sized arsenal.

I wrote my initial post a bit hastily. The bill requires insurance to cover any harm that your guns might cause. And the $250K fine is applied if you fail to declare any firearms you possess.

Back
Top Bottom