• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Some good local news coverage about my clubs Jr. Rifle program

That is fantastic. I was on a junior shooting team, but no where near the level of that. I still managed to get 8 sharpshooter bars before I left for college. That's with no scope, jacket, and just a marlin 2000. I was just down there last night shooting some air rifle and looking at the old level chart the coaches made.

Have they worked with the CMP? They have a lot of great resources for juniors? (it does look like at least one kid was shooting a CMP rifle, so I'm guessing you have, but just thought I'd ask!)

Have you looked into 4H shooting sports? I don't know if there is a program in Mass. I've worked with Maine and VT, and there was a good program in NY. I could put you in touch with the NH coordinator if your interested. It brings in more curriculum, insurance and discount programs.

Have they worked with the CMP? They have a lot of great resources for juniors? (it does look like at least one kid was shooting a CMP rifle, so I'm guessing you have, but just thought I'd ask!)

We have and shoot CMP matches

- - - Updated - - -

Have you looked into 4H shooting sports? I don't know if there is a program in Mass. I've worked with Maine and VT, and there was a good program in NY. I could put you in touch with the NH coordinator if your interested. It brings in more curriculum, insurance and discount programs.

I have not looked into 4H sports. No idea what it is about. I heard somewhere that there is no 4 H presence in Massachusetts. But, I am not 100% sure on that.

National 4-H Shooting Sports

After doing a little digging, MA is the only state where the program is not currently offered. We've been able to get VT off the ground in the last couple years so all hope isn't lost. I can PM the NH contacts. We are having a training session this May up in Berlin NH for NH and VT.

I wish my HS had a program like that but I had to wait until I got to college. I found out recently that the school dropped the team at the end of last season which doesn't surprise me but it does sadden me a bit. Glad to see youth marksmanship getting some good press

Back
Top Bottom