• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

So that's where all the 22lr supply went.

Syrian rebels? Aren't those the guys Putin is putting the hurt on right now?

Kind of. Syria is a convoluted mess with a lot of players. If the article is to be believed, that ammo didn't go to a group that has been targeted by the Russians, yet.

But in a general sense, yes, this is a proxy war now. Russia is pro-Assad, and the rebels are anti-Assad. Apparently we dropped the ammo in northeast Syria (Hasakah). The Russians have not been flying in that area -- I believe they're using the airport in Latakia as the home base for their jets.

https://pietervanostaeyen.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/20140602-000619.jpg

20140602-000619.jpg

Last edited:
Crap. It's starting to sound like Vietnam with us and the Russians supplying the 2 sides and letting them do all the dying.

This is similar to us giving weapons to the Muj in the 80's when they were shooting at Russian Hinds with Lee-Enfields.

Difference is, we haven't given them MANPADS yet, and ISIS is just going to take whatever we give them in like 3 weeks anyways.

I'm in the "stay the **** out of Syria" camp, but if we were to do ANYTHING, the only play I see that has any logic behind it is arming the Kurds.

This is similar to us giving weapons to the Muj in the 80's when they were shooting at Russian Hinds with Lee-Enfields.

Difference is, we haven't given them MANPADS yet, and ISIS is just going to take whatever we give them in like 3 weeks anyways.

I'm in the "stay the **** out of Syria" camp, but if we were to do ANYTHING, the only play I see that has any logic behind it is arming the Kurds.

We should have given the kurds a bunch of stuff a long assed time ago but because US gov likes to play rubby bums with turkey trying to massage them into being a european state that never seems to happen.

-Mike

Hey, don't laugh about the 22LR...

Stopped by Cabelas on the way home from taking kid 2 back to college in Boston. Nearly all the decent 22LR was gone again. Obama quacks and you'll hear a giant sucking sound as the 22LR flies out of the stores? Maybe just bad stocking on a holiday weekend, but geez...

Maybe the Mossad placed a big order for 22LR for all those sniper nad shots at the PLO [shocked] .

Back
Top Bottom