So i'm up in my stand right now empty handed...

Because my gear line snapped when it was about half way up to me. I either ned to stop bringing so much crap with me, or use a stronger line. Looks like I'm going to climb down and still hunt the rest of the morning.

I forgot my gear line this morning.
I had to improvise.

Is it still considered tree stand hunting if you're 4 feet off the ground?

Bummer. I was just thinking, last time up, that I should pack a spare.

I had a spare. I just didn't have enough time to get down and back up again before I had to leave (it's a climber, and I had to be at work at 10). I had already gotten a late start to the day. To make matters worse, when I got down I noticed my barrel was plugged with mushy composting pine needles and dirt. I have a backpack full of crap with me and no cleaning kit. My first thought was to get a long stick and push it out from the breech. I talked myself out of that pretty quickly. I was trying to figure out what I had, and what I could rig up. Just then I looked at the broken cord and realized if I had some cloth I could make a half assed boresnake. I had a spare thin camo face mask that I used earlier during bow season (when it was still warm out) that looked like it would do the trick.

Makeshift Boresnake 2.jpg

Success.jpg

It probably looks better now than when I went into the woods this morning.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom