• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

So i'm up in my stand right now empty handed...

Because my gear line snapped when it was about half way up to me. I either ned to stop bringing so much crap with me, or use a stronger line. Looks like I'm going to climb down and still hunt the rest of the morning.

I forgot my gear line this morning.
I had to improvise.

Is it still considered tree stand hunting if you're 4 feet off the ground?

Bummer. I was just thinking, last time up, that I should pack a spare.

I had a spare. I just didn't have enough time to get down and back up again before I had to leave (it's a climber, and I had to be at work at 10). I had already gotten a late start to the day. To make matters worse, when I got down I noticed my barrel was plugged with mushy composting pine needles and dirt. I have a backpack full of crap with me and no cleaning kit. My first thought was to get a long stick and push it out from the breech. I talked myself out of that pretty quickly. I was trying to figure out what I had, and what I could rig up. Just then I looked at the broken cord and realized if I had some cloth I could make a half assed boresnake. I had a spare thin camo face mask that I used earlier during bow season (when it was still warm out) that looked like it would do the trick.

Makeshift Boresnake 2.jpg

Success.jpg

It probably looks better now than when I went into the woods this morning.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom