So I shipped my PPK/S back to S&W today...

to get it repaired as part of the recent recall. One small problem...I forgot to include a letter with my name, address, etc. I've already sent an email to customer service and hopefully they will be able to match the gun to my info.

Major DUH! [rolleyes]

Last edited:
Yes, my name and address was on the pre-paid UPS shipping label. I hope that they will be able to use that if my message doesn't get through in time.

Big Red,

I assume you either bought the PPK directly from S&W or asked for the return label from them , correct?

Either case they should be able to match the serial number of the firearm with you. Did you make a copy or print two copies of the label? If so, look at "Reference 2" in the lower left corner of the label. It should be your PPK Serial number. (It was on mine).

Richard :)

Thank you for that tip, Richard (copying the label) I'll run down to the store tomorrow and make one before we ship mine back.

You should also make a copy of the letter that you included inside the box per S&W's instructions.

Since I bought the PPK originally from S&W, the instructions and the label came to me in an email automatically, however the labal was only available for 10 days so I copied everything prior to sending to S&W. Habit I got into from the Military many years ago. I just reduced the copies from 3 to 2 for the ecology.

Richard [grin]

How does this work? Do you just ship the PPK to them and then they mail it back to you?

I have to send mine back... I'm a bit concerned, I'm not generally home during delivery hours.

They let me have packages shipped to me at work but I don't think I want to do that either...

How does this work? Do you just ship the PPK to them and then they mail it back to you?

I have to send mine back... I'm a bit concerned, I'm not generally home during delivery hours.

They let me have packages shipped to me at work but I don't think I want to do that either...

I bought a PPK from S&W several years ago. They sent me a couple of emails after announcing the recall. One was instructions, two contained pre-paid UPS labels (one had wrong name and serial umber on it) and the fourth was an email explaining that the first label was incorrect.

I boxed the firearm, including instructions on where to send the firearm back. I called UPS for pick-up. When the driver came to the door, I notified him that the box contained a firearm. He said thank you and left.

I assume when they finish replacing the defective part, they will UPS it back. It will also require an Adult Signature Required when delivery and you are not supposed to just sign the delivery slip they leave on the attempted delivery. They will not (or are not supposed to ) just leave it in the door or on the porch.

One point to remember is the package you use should not have any ORM-D or any other address information (aka reusing an old box) since the firearm will be sent 2 day Air. They probably don't want any problems at the airport shipping and receiving.

Hope this answers your question.

Richard

They shouldn't have any problem matching things up, Big_Red. I think they asked for the letter to be enclosed simply as an extra measure. That way they won't have to go into their database to match up the serial number with who sent it in. Theoretically, that might cause a delay of a day or two, but I really don't think it will.

Since they're estimating a 10-14 week repair time, one or two more days won't be a huge deal.

I miss my PPK.....[sad]

Back
Top Bottom