So I have asked Deval Patrick what he thinks about lifting the Sunday hunting ban

Oh back for more eh? Don't me get nasty with you, punk! Run while you still can!!!
strong.gif

Yeah, you better run! [smile]

(K...now if my macho posturing fails to intimidate him into backing down, I will need you to distract him Dave while I flee in terror in the other direction...[rofl] )

If you would like me to remove your head from your shoulders I would be happy to oblige.

Last i knew new hampshire allowed sunday hunting,i could be wrong but i believe that is one of the reasons many hunters hutn in new hampshire.

i am correct on the sunday hunting new hampshire makes it a point on the state fish game web site that sunday hunting is allowed.

Last edited:
I agree. I don't think I'll be buying another hunting license here. F*ck this place.

Look at the positives. Massachusetts has one of the most aggresive pheasant stocking programs in the nation. If anything you should give more money to Masswildlife. Most of these people are nice people, and a lot of them are on our side.

The National Wildlife Refuge Complex (Assabet, Great Meadows, and Oxbow) opened it's doors to hunters. All the Rangers working for the National Fish and Wildlife Services fought long and hard to open the land to hunting. Belive me I sat through many meetings and watched many people yell at them for even thinking about it. They were the one's who took the initiative to do this not the people.

Yeah it sucks that we can't hunt on Sundays. No reason to stop hunting in MA. Start writing letters now not at the last minute. I live in Rhode Island and do really want to hunt here, but I bought a lisense here anyway. Some people might say I shat my money away, but I feel like I am giving money to a good casue. Perhaps I am wrong.

Okay, good point. I'm sorry I came across as so angry. I've just been really irritated about all the political stuff lately. I'm going to sneak out for a bit today and go do some hunting. That'll make me feel a lot better. [grin]

Thanks for pointing out the good stuff. [grin]

Look at the positives. Massachusetts has one of the most aggresive pheasant stocking programs in the nation. If anything you should give more money to Masswildlife. Most of these people are nice people, and a lot of them are on our side.

The National Wildlife Refuge Complex (Assabet, Great Meadows, and Oxbow) opened it's doors to hunters. All the Rangers working for the National Fish and Wildlife Services fought long and hard to open the land to hunting. Belive me I sat through many meetings and watched many people yell at them for even thinking about it. They were the one's who took the initiative to do this not the people.

Yeah it sucks that we can't hunt on Sundays. No reason to stop hunting in MA. Start writing letters now not at the last minute. I live in Rhode Island and do really want to hunt here, but I bought a lisense here anyway. Some people might say I shat my money away, but I feel like I am giving money to a good casue. Perhaps I am wrong.

Hunting seasons run throughout the year for different species, its not just big game season that is at the root of the controversy of Sunday hunting.

Sunday hunting is prohibited in Maine for sure, I've hunted there for the past six seasons. Its also prohibited in New Hampshire(unless they have changed the law in the last year.)

Vermont is the only one that allows hunting on Sunday.

You are incorrect. NH does not prohibit hunting on Sundays and as far back as
I can remember doesn't limit hunting on weekends. You are really stretching
that hunting seasons run throughout the year. Unless you are hunting frog
or crow that is completely false. The vast majority of hunting is permitted
from the beginning of Sept to late Feb. with Deer season the heaviest by
far, in late Nov-early Dec. Here's a link to the hunting season schedule:

http://www.mass.gov/dfwele/dfw/dfwpdf/dfwab06.pdf

TBP

There have been plenty of land owners who have stated that they will close off their properties and farms to hunting totally if the Sunday hunting ban is lifted.

If the WMA and town forests get closed the only places left will be on private property. If the land owners shut down their farms and fields then there will be no place to hunt at all in MA.

If you are not local to an area, then getting permission to hunt on private
land is largely a joke in Massachusetts. Western Mass, err, I mean northern
NY, NJ, CT is mostly posted property. Finding open acreage to hunt on is a
huge task and almost impossible if you do not at least live in close proximity
to where you would like to hunt.

TBP

Last edited:
Last i knew new hampshire allowed sunday hunting,i could be wrong but i believe that is one of the reasons many hunters hutn in new hampshire.

i am correct on the sunday hunting new hampshire makes it a point on the state fish game web site that sunday hunting is allowed.
I grew up in Rochester,NH. Hunted around there since the early 70's. Sunday hunting has always been legal. Another reason to hunt NH is the fact that does may be taken with a muzzleloader and the first weekend of rifle. This might have changed but it has been this way for many years. Some of the places I hunt in Strafford and Belknap counties are loaded with deer. They walk right under your stand.[grin]

Well you notice how he ran from the thread? All it takes is a flexing of my mighty muscles and he flees in terror. [laugh]

Can't say I blame him. I'm downright menacing! [smile]

yeah, the squirrels are quaking in fear. [wink]

OK, seriously, you folks want to get hunting on Sundays? Find a bunch of Jewish hunters to challenge the law based on religious discrimination. Can't hunt on Saturdays since it's the Sabbath, so the only day we can hunt is on Sunday.

It could work... if you can find that many Jewish hunters![rolleyes]

Deval's answer back to me on Sunday hunting:

"Thank you for taking the time to write us with your concerns. The ban on hunting on Sundays is not an issue that has come up during this campaign season; however, we would be happy to make your thoughts known to Mr. Patrick.

Please do not hesitate to contact us with any additional questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

The Patrick/Murray Team"

Hmmm...that's not a bad idea. But then the turds on beacon hill would rewrite the law to only allow jews to hunt on Sunday.

I'd convert. [wink]

yeah, the squirrels are quaking in fear. [wink]

OK, seriously, you folks want to get hunting on Sundays? Find a bunch of Jewish hunters to challenge the law based on religious discrimination. Can't hunt on Saturdays since it's the Sabbath, so the only day we can hunt is on Sunday.

It could work... if you can find that many Jewish hunters![rolleyes]

Deval's answer back to me on Sunday hunting:

"Thank you for taking the time to write us with your concerns. The ban on hunting on Sundays is not an issue that has come up during this campaign season; however, we would be happy to make your thoughts known to Mr. Patrick.

Please do not hesitate to contact us with any additional questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

The Patrick/Murray Team"

Jim
Not very bright , now Devel knows that You have Gun's . and where You live , unless You used a hot mail e-mail address.

Bob

No worries, Bob. I want to leave MA anyway so I'll give him the finger as I cross the border into NH. [wink]

No worries, Bob. I want to leave MA anyway so I'll give him the finger as I cross the border into NH. [wink]

I saw where You were looking at apartments in Milford NH.
try checking out Greenville NH . a old mill town , also on the " right side of the border " with a lot of cheap housing , Chk. NH Craig's list apt's.

I miss Sundays.

A couple years ago it was Memorial or Labor Day, and everything was closed and people had all gone away or were home or whatever. The streets were quiet, and most things were closed.

Anybody else miss those quiet Sundays when there were no trucks, no stores open, nothing? Our mother used to send my brother and I out for gas and milk on Saturday night because everything was closed. It usually took us about 2 hours to accomplish this task of course.

Sundays used to involve a little (too much at the time) church, eat dinner with the family, and then either fish, ride bikes or play ball.

I still try to make it a point to not shop on a Sunday and to try to go out for a Sunday drive.

Anyone else?.
No.

And Sunday drivers are a road-clogging annoyance.

Hunting seasons run throughout the year for different species, its not just big game season that is at the root of the controversy of Sunday hunting.

Sunday hunting is prohibited in Maine for sure, I've hunted there for the past six seasons. Its also prohibited in New Hampshire(unless they have changed the law in the last year.)

Vermont is the only one that allows hunting on Sunday.

Hunting is allowed in NH on sundays.

Back
Top Bottom