• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

So far there have been SIX people who've been ERPO'd in MA

McLean's reputation and finances have been going south for awhile now. They do more to get rich people off with insanity defenses (think drug addled party children and desperate middle aged wine mom cougar types) than they do to help the genuinely mentally ill.

They've also let certifiably insane people out and about when it's obvious they need a longer stay in the looney bin. One NESer's wife did two stints in the place because of this deficient standard of care.

If people aren’t fit to own firearms, they shouldn’t be voting. Where is the outrage there? How can the state arbitrarily take someone’s rights away without due process but still honor some rights?

He is becoming an argument as to why people don't seek help. More and more all I see is people wanting additional power over others, I guess every small mind is looking for a fiefdom.

This is the real problem. You’re going to have people with mild symptoms of say, depression or anxiety afraid to talk to anyone about it. People will either let a mild problem grow into a big one or self medicate and inflict additional harm. All because they’re scared to tell their doctor. Good luck getting gun owners to open up when seizure of property and costly/lengthy court battles are a possibility for having an off day. One of my favorite words of all time describes it perfectly;
counterproductive.

Back
Top Bottom