Smith & Wesson® Withdraws from Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show®

So typical, Will not take responsibility for thier own actions. Now it is time to keep this in everyone's memory, and get the Shot Show shut down as well.

The NSSF owns the "SHOT Show", but hires this company to manage the logistics of such a large show. The goal is to not shut down SHOT, but to find another management group and pull the money from REED.

[cerberus];2860285 said:
The NSSF owns the "SHOT Show", but hires this company to manage the logistics of such a large show. The goal is to not shut down SHOT, but to find another management group and pull the money from REED.
but in the press release by NSSF
NSSF is in no way affiliated with, nor does it participate in or exhibit at this show in any way. Reed Exhibitions does, however, manage the NSSF-owned SHOT Show (though Reed manages the SHOT Show, all SHOT Show decisions, policies and actions are made at NSSF’s direction).
So who made the decision to not display Personal Defense Weapons or Modern Sprorting Arms?

but in the press release by NSSF

So who made the decision to not display Personal Defense Weapons or Modern Sprorting Arms?

This isn't the Shot Show, this is the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show, which is not owned or controlled or affiliated with the NSSF.

The Shot Show IS owned by the NSSF, put on by Reed as a contractor to NSSF, and Personal Defense Weapons and Modern Sporting Arms WERE displayed at the Shot Show.

Last edited:
This isn't the Shot Show, this is the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show, which is not owned or controlled or affiliated with the NSSF.

The Shot Show IS owned by the NSSF, put on by Reed as a contractor to NSSF, and Personal Defense Weapons and Modern Sporting Arms WERE displayed at the Shot Show.

thanks because it was getting confusing with all the press releases

NSSF just issued a press release:

We have just learned that Reed Exhibitions has decided to postpone the 2013 Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show.

In the days following Reed Exhibitions’ announcement that modern sporting rifles would be prohibited from the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show, the leadership of the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) has been in intense, frank discussions with Reed Exhibitions management in an effort to reverse this unacceptable decision. These discussions reached an impasse.

NSSF is in no way affiliated with, nor does it participate in or exhibit at this show in any way. Reed Exhibitions does, however, manage the NSSF-owned SHOT Show (though Reed manages the SHOT Show, all SHOT Show decisions, policies and actions are made at NSSF’s direction).

Because of Reed’s recent actions, NSSF is considering all options regarding the management of future SHOT Shows.

NSSF Statement on the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show | NSSF Blog

Italicize mine.

James

"The office of Harrisburg MayorLinda Thompson described as "unfortunate" the news that the EasternSports and Outdoors Show, scheduled for Feb. 2 at the Farm Show complex, wouldbe postponed to an undetermined date.

The postponement came afterhundreds of vendors decided to boycott the show in response to a decision byorganizer Reed Exhibitions to ban assault-style weapons and ammunition from theshow.

The mayor's office issued thisstatement:

"It is unfortunate that ReedExhibitions of Norwalk, Conn. has made the business decision to postpone theEastern Sports and Outdoor Show scheduled for the City of Harrisburg inFebruary.

"It is also unfortunate that legal gun owners and the many families whohave enjoyed a long tradition of hunting in the beautiful rural environmentaround the region will be deprived of this major event because of a controversycaused by firearms manufacturers who profit from the sale of weapons designedfor the mass killing of human beings.

"Many regional arms andoutdoor vendors and related services have been hurt by the postponement aswell. This kind of conflict within thefirearms community is the result of years of polarization between the majorityAmerican sportsmen and hunters who exercise their constitutional right to beararms and at the same time favor reasonable illegal gun controls, and a minorityof NRA members who refuse to recognize the very real problem of illegalmilitary style weaponry and the mass havoc such weapons facilitate.""

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2013/01/mayor.html

Italicize mine.

"It is also unfortunate that legal gun owners and the many families whohave enjoyed a long tradition of hunting in the beautiful rural environmentaround the region will be deprived of this major event because of a controversy caused by politicians and a weak kneed show producer. Who apparently thought that taking a crap on manufacturers who produce an incredibly popular modern sporting arm was a good business decision. .

Business and political decisions have consequences. In this case the decision to not display some firearms because of the way they look is costing the City of Harrisburg money. Maybe the voters will remember that come next Mayoral election.

You guys are going to run me off the board for this, but this tactic being used here by the libtards is called "divide and conquer" They are getting the sport shooters to face off against the hunters, and they are doing it successfully.

I've seen it first hand in the state of massachusetts after 15 years of battling for off-roading rights/trails. They pit the snowmobilers against the atvers against the Jeepers, and all us offroaders end up losing.

Just my tinfoily .02

Your mistake is in thinking that Reed Productions is on our side. They aren't, they are on their side, which is to make money. No blame in that, but this time they decided to do it by kowtowing to the anti gunners. It backfired on them and it backfired on the whiny Mayor of Harrisburg. Or do you think that she's on our side too?

You guys are going to run me off the board for this, but this tactic being used here by the libtards is called "divide and conquer" They are getting the sport shooters to face off against the hunters, and they are doing it successfully.

I've seen it first hand in the state of massachusetts after 15 years of battling for off-roading rights/trails. They pit the snowmobilers against the atvers against the Jeepers, and all us offroaders end up losing.

Just my tinfoily .02

Remember when S&W "compromised" with the Clinton administration and agreed to a bunch of their BS? Remember what how S&W got vilified by us gunnies? Well S&W surely does, as their actions here show. And so many others in the gun industry.

If you try to throw a baby off the sleigh, hoping that will satisfy the anti-gunner wolves, all of us gunnies will remember what you did. We will punish you and we won't forget.

Reed is learning that now. They are throwing us modern sporting rifle folks off the sleigh. The problem for Reed is that all the other gunnies, including the hunting types, are sticking with us.

PaulR, you are mistaken. It is the anti-gunners who are trying to divide and conquer. The resulting boycott of Reed is not an example of gunnies being divided. On the contrary, it is the very essence of gunnies sticking together. Many of the companies boycotting the show don't make modern sporting rifles, but they are boycotting to support the manufacturers who do and the gunnies who buy them.

Your mistake is in thinking that Reed Productions is on our side. They aren't, they are on their side, which is to make money. No blame in that, but this time they decided to do it by kowtowing to the anti gunners. It backfired on them and it backfired on the whiny Mayor of Harrisburg. Or do you think that she's on our side too?
This...

Those that support "take their guns but not mine" are not "on our side."

Just look at the UK. Just look at Obama's attempt to reach out to "sportsman and hunters" to strong arm "scary black rifle owners" into being "reasonable" about the surrender of our rights and property.

Reed said, "they cam for you, not me" and suffered the consequences. GOOD.

These events are awesome to see! I only hope this is being watched by officials higher up the food chain so they realize we are not going to roll over this time. There are to many "EBR" owners this time around...........

Back
Top Bottom