• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Smith & Wesson® Withdraws from Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show®

s4mt3k

NES Member
Just posted on their FB Page:

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (January 22, 2013) --- Smith & Wesson, a U.S. based leader in firearm manufacturing and design, today announced that the Company will not attend nor will it support or participate in the 2013 Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. The announcement comes after the decision of show management company, Reed Exhibitions, to prohibit the display of modern sporting rifles in this year’s event.

James Debney, President and CEO of Smith & Wesson, said, “As a market leader in the firearm industry and an iconic brand that spans 160 years of American history, we believe it is important to make our position perfectly clear: We support the Second Amendment and the rights of our law-abiding customers to purchase these and all legal firearms. Therefore, we are unable to support any organization or event that prohibits legal firearms, or otherwise restricts a citizen's lawful and constitutional rights.”

About Smith & Wesson
Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation (NASDAQ Global Select: SWHC) is a U.S.-based leader in firearm manufacturing and design, delivering a broad portfolio of quality firearms, related products and training to the consumer, law enforcement, and military markets. The company’s brands include Smith & Wesson®, M&P® and Thompson/Center Arms™. Smith & Wesson facilities are located in Massachusetts and Maine. For more information on Smith & Wesson, call (800) 331-0852 or log on to Smith & Wesson.

Good for them [grin]

Smith and Wesson is with us!

Smith & Wesson Corp.

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (January 22, 2013) --- Smith & Wesson, a U.S. based leader in firearm manufacturing and design, today announced that the Company will not attend nor will it support or participate in the 2013 Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. The announcement comes after the decision of show management company, Reed Exhibitions, to prohibit the display of modern sporting rifles in this year’s event.

James Debney, President and CEO of Smith & Wesson, said, “As a market leader in the firearm industry and an iconic brand that spans 160 years of American history, we believe it is important to make our position perfectly clear: We support the Second Amendment and the rights of our law-abiding customers to purchase these and all legal firearms. Therefore, we are unable to support any organization or event that prohibits legal firearms, or otherwise restricts a citizen's lawful and constitutional rights.”

most excellent....this can't be an easy decision for these guys to make...or maybe it is.

I'd love to see all the gun manufacturers move out of Massachusetts just to make a point. The only problem is the workers are the ones who would ultimately suffer.

I'd love to see all the gun manufacturers move out of Massachusetts just to make a point. The only problem is the workers are the ones who would ultimately suffer.
From what I have seen in this state, they would sell out the progressive agenda in a second if you could show them dollar signs.

All the happy pandering stops pretty quick if you hit them in the wallet.

If S&W were up there pointing out that hi-cap mags mean more bullets and more bullets means more tax and jobs for the MA, then a lot of this garbage would die in committee before the news channels got a chance to surround themselves with child human shields and pluck the bleeding heart strings of the voters of this state.

I have honestly been how surprised how pragmatic they get when a business comes in and "shows them the money." They don't seem to care much about our civil rights which is why we have to sue our way through the post-Heller era, but they do respond to jobs and tax collections.

If S&W were up there pointing out that hi-cap mags mean more bullets and more bullets means more tax and jobs for the MA...

Some, but many are only driven by ideology. Obama is the perfect example. It's been over a year since his jobs council met and jobs were conspicuously absent in the speech from the throne. He is very concerned about global warming though. [sad2]

The two largest Archery Suppliers (Lancaster and Kinsey) have withdrawn as well. Huge deal at that show, they're two of the biggest vendors.
Support comes from all corners.

Aloha

From what I have seen in this state, they would sell out the progressive agenda in a second if you could show them dollar signs.

All the happy pandering stops pretty quick if you hit them in the wallet.

If S&W were up there pointing out that hi-cap mags mean more bullets and more bullets means more tax and jobs for the MA, then a lot of this garbage would die in committee before the news channels got a chance to surround themselves with child human shields and pluck the bleeding heart strings of the voters of this state.

I have honestly been how surprised how pragmatic they get when a business comes in and "shows them the money." They don't seem to care much about our civil rights which is why we have to sue our way through the post-Heller era, but they do respond to jobs and tax collections.

Do we / can we know the economic benefit of arms companies in MA, CT, NH, and ME? S&W, Kahr (AA), YHM, Ruger, Sig Sauer, Windham Weaponry, and others, all provide economic benefit to the states in the form of jobs and taxes.

How much retail business, out of how many establishments, have flourished in the last few years, even as most other lines of business have suffered?

Does anyone know the numbers on a state by state basis? jobs? revenue? taxes contributed or related? etc.?

And what's wrong with that, then they can go vote for a candidate that believes in individual rights over state rights.

Nice.

I wish they would do the same with NY and state they will not sell to any NY law enforcement agency. Then we'll see some politicians squirm.

Some, but many are only driven by ideology. Obama is the perfect example. It's been over a year since his jobs council met and jobs were conspicuously absent in the speech from the throne. He is very concerned about global warming though. [sad2]
There is a difference between the public rhetoric and the back room reality. It should not be a surprise that this is the case given the number of speakers we've indicted, but even where it isn't corrupt, there really are two sets of ideological books working here.

Back
Top Bottom