Smith & Wesson® Withdraws from Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show®

good for them, I feel better about giving my hard earned money for the m&p 15 just purchased (the added markup won't hurt 4 seasons as well).

Cabelas announced a day or two ago that they were pulling their support. Looks like Smith & Wesson is following suit. Voting with one's feet really works.

Thinking more about it, Nobody wins until/unless S&W, Cabela's, and all those other companies have a competing show at a nearby venue. If everyone just leaves, then the lefty FUDDS get their way. In order to teach them a lesson, they need it shoved in their face that they ****ed up royally.

Just sent Read Expo this (they are the corp behind the scenes)

Too bad you decided to ban Modern Sporting weapons.

My wife and I were planning on attending. Now we will not. Of course, your decision is on every shooting forum that exists in North America.

Your company is GALACTICALLY STUPID.

Of course, I see you have an office in NY, kissed Cuomo’s a**h*** lately?

Sent from Windows Mail

I'd love to see all the gun manufacturers move out of Massachusetts just to make a point. The only problem is the workers are the ones who would ultimately suffer.

Unless they offer to relocate workers to free state . That would rock and really send a message.[cheers]

I wonder what the chances are that they'll have to cancel the show? This'll make other shows sit up and take notice that you just don't **** around with gun owners.

Just sent Read Expo this (they are the corp behind the scenes)

Too bad you decided to ban Modern Sporting weapons.

My wife and I were planning on attending. Now we will not. Of course, your decision is on every shooting forum that exists in North America.

Your company is GALACTICALLY STUPID.

Of course, I see you have an office in NY, kissed Cuomo’s a**h*** lately?

Sent from Windows Mail

Hahahahahahahaha! Im actually laughing out loud thats great

Nice to see they finally grew a set. Some how I suspect they did this out of fear and watching their image more than it being a core belief. If it was a core belief they would have already gone to bat for us in this state but notice who's been silent. Over all I'm still not impressed.

Don't forget to inform Smith & Wesson and any other companies you are purchasing from in the near future that you are buying their product partly or entirely because they are taking a clear stand. If they see a sudden surge in sales (Outside of the ban crazy surge, that is) connect the dots for them. Email and send letters to those you want to support you, as well as those that are currently supporting you! I had intended to buy a pocket pistol in the near future and I will make sure that Ruger or S&W get my money.

**** yeah s&w. might be coming your way for the next purchase! this is what all manufacturers need to start doing.

Who is going to be left at that show? The company that does microstamping??

most excellent....this can't be an easy decision for these guys to make...or maybe it is.

It is, given S&Ws history. There are still retards out there who are blaming S&W for the HUD agreement with Clinton, despite the fact that the a**h***s that were responsible for that decision don't even own the company anymore. Good PR is important.

-Mike

Don't forget to inform Smith & Wesson and any other companies you are purchasing from in the near future that you are buying their product partly or entirely because they are taking a clear stand. If they see a sudden surge in sales (Outside of the ban crazy surge, that is) connect the dots for them. Email and send letters to those you want to support you, as well as those that are currently supporting you! I had intended to buy a pocket pistol in the near future and I will make sure that Ruger or S&W get my money.

It's not even just sales, but letting management know they're doing the "right thing" is always helpful. That way if some dipshit criticizes their decision to not attend the show, they can respond with "Well, we got positive feedback from customers on this decision, and that's a big part of why we made it. "

-Mike

It's not even just sales, but letting management know they're doing the "right thing" is always helpful. That way if some dipshit criticizes their decision to not attend the show, they can respond with "Well, we got positive feedback from customers on this decision, and that's a big part of why we made it. "

-Mike
I am pleasantly surprised how well people are remembering history here. There seems to be a genuine recognition by many (including Bill Clinton) that we tried this before and it ended badly for everyone.

Gives me hope, but of course Linskys if the world don't care if it ends badly for everyone, which is why they have to put in their place and told to go make us a sammich.

One thing to add. Considering these manufacturers have all the demand they need and very little product to actually sell at the Show due to that demand, they stand little to gain in the short term at the show and more to gain in the long run for the PR of pulling out as they increase inventory for the longterm. In the end it is about the almighty dollar, but I approve of that since the goal is more firearms in the hands of the people, in the long run.

Back
Top Bottom