Smith and Wesson celebrates opening of $125m HQ in gun-friendly Tennessee

Atf got a bunch of machinist fired from Smith and Wesson's machine shop in Springfield today, look like you can not work at a place that made guns if you can not own a gun lol. (I heard about this from an ex Smith and Wesson machinist at my shop)

Atf got a bunch of machinist fired from Smith and Wesson's machine shop in Springfield today, look like you can not work at a place that made guns if you can not own a gun lol. (I heard about this from an ex Smith and Wesson machinist at my shop)
They just doing that to make it hard for the manufacturers

They just doing that to make it hard for the manufacturers
It’s been a rule for a long time. If you can’t buy a gun, you can’t work at a gun manufacturer. I don’t know how, every once in a while, the head of security at sig would show up and walk someone out. If you had, say a restraining order, and you got out in front of it. Sig would work with you.

We're they machinists or assemblers? The reason I am asking is because the assembler work force at one time made up from mostly temps supplied from an agency and the agency was supposed to be responsible for vetting them. If it is still that way I can understand why this happend.

It’s been a rule for a long time. If you can’t buy a gun, you can’t work at a gun manufacturer. I don’t know how, every once in a while, the head of security at sig would show up and walk someone out. If you had, say a restraining order, and you got out in front of it. Sig would work with you.
Are you referring to corporate rules, or some law/regulation. Gun companies of significant size have lots of jobs that do not even require access to guns. I can understand the legal problem of a machinist who has access to guns, but there are numerous office jobs that do not need such access.

Are you referring to corporate rules, or some law/regulation. Gun companies of significant size have lots of jobs that do not even require access to guns. I can understand the legal problem of a machinist who has access to guns, but there are numerous office jobs that do not need such access.
it’s an atf rule. I’ve worked for 4 gun companies. If you work for a gun manufacturer, sooner or later, you will be near a gun. I made certain parts. We didn’t have access to complete guns. We were in a building in Exeter. Why would any company take that chance?

Last edited:
We're they machinists or assemblers? The reason I am asking is because the assembler work force at one time made up from mostly temps supplied from an agency and the agency was supposed to be responsible for vetting them. If it is still that way I can understand why this happend.
machinists i think, their assembly line is down in Tennessee. The guy that told me this information look very unhappy right now,soo ill leave him alone.am at work

Back
Top Bottom