• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Skeet/trap is fn fantastic.

Recently picked up a browning cynergy cx o/u and finally got up to my club for skeet wobbles and a few rounds of trap.

This has to be one of the funnest shooting disciplines in the game.

Trap was much easier- and I had a 19/25 round while still getting the hang of things. (First time ever shooting clays).

Wobbles skeet was far more difficult but I was using a full choke- major rookie mistake. Ordered some skeet chokes for the next go.

Any other enthusiasts? Laughs and comradery the entire time.

You don't say where you're located, but if you post a general area, you'll likely get offers of, "Come to my Club!"

Also, if you're new, FYI, if you ask for tips, you'll get them (often useful, too [laugh]). In addition to wrong choke tubes, there are a lot of basics that are easier to learn from another, than to figure our yourself.

Enjoy the Orange Kool-Aid.

1676921873213.jpeg

The lever action .410 (Henry) and the wobble skeet........you were at Andover Sportsmen's Club I bet! Hope you enjoy and have fun!
Yes sir- I was the new guy missing everything - but I crushed it at trap. See ya thursdays man pm me if ya want to introduce yourself.

If you think Trap and Skeet are fun, Try some sporting clays. Some of the courses are pretty cool and makes for a nice walk in the woods

One of the places I went to, they had the clay come out of windows of ruins or over water.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmKqTNgrBCQ

Attachments

• renee a400.jpg
    renee a400.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 33
I love trap. For me, half of the fun is shooting the shit with the old timers
Thats great , slow them old buzzards down even more trying to get them to the line and get rounds in ! Go shoot the shit in the club house! Lol.
Miss trap , loved going to ATA events. Holbrook marathons.

It can get crazy , piss theough 10s of thousands of rounds if you go deep. Doing things like buying shot makers and reloading.
I need to blow of the dust on the loader and go shoot some trap .

My wife and I shoot trap as often as possible. it's a great way to spend a Sunday together. Check out a YouTube channel called "clay coach online" he has some amazing tips and techniques that have helped us immensely.

Just started shooting trap a couple months ago. Definitely addictive. I may have to sell both my handguns to buy more shotgun ammo…

I started shooting trap when i was 20. Shot every week for a couple of years. Loved it. I had a cheap Brazilian made O/U but it did the job. Then I got a M1 from CMP and got the HI Power bug for a while.

My wife and I shoot trap as often as possible. it's a great way to spend a Sunday together. Check out a YouTube channel called "clay coach online" he has some amazing tips and techniques that have helped us immensely.
Nice tip. I need some SERIOUS help for skeet. I do OK at trap and great at dropping real upland birds during hunting season. I'm sure I'd suck at dropping ducks as I currently suck at skeet.

Recently picked up a browning cynergy cx o/u and finally got up to my club for skeet wobbles and a few rounds of trap.

This has to be one of the funnest shooting disciplines in the game.

Trap was much easier- and I had a 19/25 round while still getting the hang of things. (First time ever shooting clays).

Wobbles skeet was far more difficult but I was using a full choke- major rookie mistake. Ordered some skeet chokes for the next go.

Any other enthusiasts? Laughs and comradery the entire time.
It is a lot of fun.

Just don't become one of the FUDDS. Maybe educate them on why a 15 round mag shouldn't be banned.

Im part of my clubs skeet and trap committee. We run 3 times a week, 2 nights, and saturday

I shoot 1-2 times a week, skeet mostly, wobble sometimes if the guys feel like it.

Bust balls and a bunch of laughs.....we try and help and welcome new shooters as well and have been getting
quite a few lately.

We also train kids for the youth pheasant hunt starting in August.

And we gently train Fudds to not FUDD as well, some of us bring our Mossberg 8 shots and wail away, or shoot the pistol with rat loads on station 8, or occasionally pull the Rock Island black AR type shotgun out of the safe and play around.

We try to make sure its anything but a stuffy, place full of old people shooting, fancy guns and nosing down other people for shooting "lesser" guns, there is a club like
that in my area already and those trapezoid farts can stay there.

Last edited:
I haven't shot skeet in ages, but I had a blast back in the 80's & 90's, that was when you could still use lead shot and reload your own for 10 cents a shell.
Lead is fine at almost any club in Central MA???

Yeah you can't reload cheap anymore, but for 3 bucks a round at my club...WTF kinda fun are you gonna get like that for less than 10 bucks shells included.

Last edited:
If you think Trap and Skeet are fun, Try some sporting clays. Some of the courses are pretty cool and makes for a nice walk in the woods

One of the places I went to, they had the clay come out of windows of ruins or over water.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmKqTNgrBCQ

Lehigh Valley PA?

This one is near my son in PA and next time down Im shooting it. I should have shot it the last time down but we went to the Harrisburg show.

Back
Top Bottom