Six Stages Of Knockdown Steel

"Walls of Steel" is a six stage steel plate match scheduled for August 16th through 19th. 2007. It will be held at Wallum Lake Rod and Gun Club in Harrisville Rhode Island. Anyone familiar with PSA Shootout and World Class Steel matches held in Pa and NJ respectfully will have a good idea of what we have planned. This will be our first attempt at a match of this magnitude and I hope it will draw interest from all of the shooters in New England and beyond. We also have steel plate matches every 2nd Sunday of the month and also on the 1st and 3rd Friday nights of each month during acceptable weather. Please visit www.wallumlakerodgun.com for all of the match information and for contact info. Hope to see all of you there.

This is typically started from a low ready position but we are always for new and improved ways to do things. Thanks for your reply!

Thanks for the info.

The Walls of Steel match will be on my calendar and try to make some of those Friday night ones. The second Sundays conflict with Harvard USPSA though.

I'll have some minor ammo ready should this Friday work out. [grin]

Last edited:
Thanks for the info.

The Walls of Steel match will be on my calendar and try to make some of those Friday night ones. The second Sundays conflict with Manville USPSA though.

Did Manville and Harvard switch?

I look forward to trying this. Cuz has told me about the matches and they sound like fun. Only drawback this summer will be gas prices.

WALLUM LAKE ROD & GUN CLUB
Presents
"WALLS OF STEEL"
August 16,17,18 & 19

Match Information
For more information please contact Match Director Jim Richardson jimbo641 @ msn.com or 401-480-9641.

The Match consists of 6 stages of knockdown steel. There will be between 20 & 30 targets per stage.

Starting Times: 9:00 AM and 2:00 PM each day. Squads will be limited to 10 shooters per squad (60 shooters per time slot). If the time slot you choose is filled you will be given the option of choosing another day/time. PLEASE GET YOUR ENTRY FORMS IN EARLY!

FOUR DIVISIONS:

STOCK AUTO - Centerfire semi-automatic. No comps, ports or external
weights regardless of source, i.e.., factory ported. No optics.
OPEN AUTO - Any centerfire semi-automatic pistol. All modifications and
optics allowed.
STOCK REVOLVER - No comps, ports or external weights regardless of
source, i.e.., factory ported. No optics.
OPEN REVOLVER - Any centerfire revolver. All modifications and
optics allowed.

Shooters may compete in any three divisions; however, you must be in three different time slots.

Registration: To guarantee a shooting slot you must be PRE-REGISTERED! YOU WILL NOT BE REGISTERED UNTIL THE REGISTRATION AND ENTRY FORM AND PAYMENT ARE RECEIVED. NO PHONE OR EMAIL REGISTRATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Walk on shooters will be accommodated ONLY if there are openings available!

ENTRY FEES: $50.00 one gun. $85.00 for two guns. $100.00 for three guns.

PAYBACK – Minimum 50% cash payback by Lewis Class. If entries warrant, High Ladies, Juniors (16 and under) and Seniors (60 and over) will also be paid.

Steve,
I read that, hence the request for clarification. Most of the time, the Lewis system has been used for prizes other than class/division winners.

Class winners are winners and not considered part of the "raffle". If you win you deserve to walk away with something as far as I'm concerned. I will pay the first three or five spots, depending upon number of entries, and the rest will be split using Lewis Class type system. Hope this helps.

Class winners are winners and not considered part of the "raffle". If you win you deserve to walk away with something as far as I'm concerned. I will pay the first three or five spots, depending upon number of entries, and the rest will be split using Lewis Class type system. Hope this helps.

It helps a lot!!
Thanks

Thanks for the info.

The Walls of Steel match will be on my calendar and try to make some of those Friday night ones. The second Sundays conflict with Harvard USPSA though.

I got Gramps to come out to Wallum and play with us last summer. It's about time a few more of you give it a whirl.

-Cuz.

Will this match be from the holster or low ready?
What is the Lewis system (so long since I heard it, I forgot Dan!)

Will this match be from the holster or low ready?
What is the Lewis system (so long since I heard it, I forgot Dan!)

The Lewis class system gives everyone an equal chance of winning something and tends to favor the casual shooter as opposed to the serious competitor. If 100 people enter the match they are all scored and ranked in order from the top to bottom. Then if the match is paying out four divisions they are broken out equally such that the top three finishers are 1st, 2nd and 3rd in the match, then the 26th, 27th and 28th place shooters are actually the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place shooters in the second division. Then the 50th, 51st, and 52nd place shooters are actually 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in the third division, and lastly, the 75th, 76th and 77th place shooters are actually 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in the final division. It distributes the prizes equally among the contestants. Some people complain because if you come in 24th place you get nothing, but the person who finished two spots below you wins a prize. I say oh well, that's the way it goes. I personally like the Lewis class scoring because it brings out more shooters who just want to have fun rather than the super serious competitors. I guess now you know which group I'm in. :) The match will be fun for everyone, that much is guaranteed. You USPSA shooters will enjoy the change of pace as you remain stationary and blast away at all the steel. The start position is normally from low ready, but if you want to draw from a holster I'm sure it will be allowed. Sign up, participate, and enjoy. It's about time the USPSA and Pin/Plate crowds intermingled.

-Cuz.
(Now if I could just get some of my plate shooting crew to try USPSA...)

I have no problem with the Lewis system, as long as the person that actually wins the division/class gets an award for doing so. Whether the shooter is super serious or not, excellence should be rewarded.

I have no problem with the Lewis system, as long as the person that actually wins the division/class gets an award for doing so. Whether the shooter is super serious or not, excellence should be rewarded.

Sorry Dan S, I didn't mean to imply any negativity. Hope you didn't take my post that way. I just meant that as a mediocre shooter myself I always thought it was quite fun (and rewarding) to finish in the middle of the pack and then get "surprised" to find out I won a few bucks in the process. Lets be realistic here, not very many of us are in it for the money. These matches cost us money far more often than they win us anything but we do it anyway because it's FUN, FUN, FUN. For me personally there is nothing more fun than blasting away at a whole pile of knock-down steel targets until they are all down. Re-active targets are a BLAST.
-Cuz.

Cuz, no problem. I'm not too serious a shooter either. I know reactive targets are a blast, I shot the Masters for 9 years.

Walls of Steel Comp - August 16,17,18 & 19

WALLUM LAKE ROD & GUN CLUB
Presents
"WALLS OF STEEL"
August 16,17,18 & 19

www.WallumLakeRodGun.com

Match Information: For more information please contact Match Director Jim Richardson [email protected] or 401-480-9641.

The Match consists of 6 stages of knockdown steel. There will be between 20 & 30 targets per stage.

Starting Times: 9:00 AM and 2:00 PM each day. Squads will be limited to 10 shooters per squad (60 shooters per time slot). If the time slot you choose is filled you will be given the option of choosing another day/time. PLEASE GET YOUR ENTRY FORMS IN EARLY!

FOUR DIVISIONS:

STOCK AUTO - Centerfire semi-automatic. No comps, ports or external weights regardless of source, i.e.., factory ported. No optics.

OPEN AUTO - Any centerfire semi-automatic pistol. All modifications and optics allowed.

STOCK REVOLVER - No comps, ports or external weights regardless of source, i.e.., factory ported. No optics.

OPEN REVOLVER - Any centerfire revolver. All modifications and optics allowed.

Shooters may compete in any three divisions; however, you must be in three different time slots.

Registration: To guarantee a shooting slot you must be PRE-REGISTERED! YOU WILL NOT BE REGISTERED UNTIL THE REGISTRATION AND ENTRY FORM AND PAYMENT ARE RECEIVED. NO PHONE OR EMAIL REGISTRATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Walk on shooters will be accommodated ONLY if there are openings available!

ENTRY FEES: $50.00 one gun. $85.00 for two guns. $100.00 for three guns.

PAYBACK – Minimum 50% cash payback by Lewis Class. If entries warrant, High Ladies, Juniors (16 and under) and Seniors (60 and over) will also be paid.

Trap and Skeet shooting will also be available at the club. Trap will be available Saturday from 10:00 AM until 3:00 PM. Cost is $3.00 for 25 birds. Skeet will be available on Friday and Saturday from 6:00 PM until 9:00 PM. Cost is $3.00 for 25 birds.

Lunch will be available on-site all four days.

I have a couple apps ready to send in and I'm just waiting on one more.

I was looking at the rules and wanted to just check something. The posted rules say start with ten in the gun and ten in each mag. Is that correct, or do you start ten plus one?

I have a couple apps ready to send in and I'm just waiting on one more.

I was looking at the rules and wanted to just check something. The posted rules say start with ten in the gun and ten in each mag. Is that correct, or do you start ten plus one?

Steve,
I am pretty sure they are running this like the PSA Shootout - so it would be 10 in the mag/gun to start - so 1,2,3,...9 reload

Shot the local match today. 30+ entrys 3 stages in and out under 2 hours. New bays are a bit on the small side but look great. The big match should run fine with the help of the shooters.

Chris

Shot the local match today. 30+ entrys 3 stages in and out under 2 hours. New bays are a bit on the small side but look great. The big match should run fine with the help of the shooters.

Chris

Oh goody....smaller bays means I don't have to walk as much [smile] !

Looking forward to this shoot, should be a good one, now I need to load up
some ammo for this one [shocked]

Back
Top Bottom