sigsauer.com (updated)

I hopped on http://sigsauer.com today and noticed they updated the site to show the new P238 and P250 subcompact.

I know it would be a while but I hope they go through the trouble of getting the Sig P250 line MA approved. I think being able to go out and buy a new P250 compact or sub-compact would really tear into the glock sales in this state. Enough to make Glock do something about it? Doubtful I'm sure. It would be nice to have another "new" option besides a M&PC.

The P238 is a cool gun. It would go along nicely with my mustang pocketlite. Being SAO it doesn't even stand a chance so I won't even get into that.

Last edited:
we can only hope so. more pistols, even with the horrible trigger pulls and 10 round mags would be great!

P250 would definatley go into the wish list if it got approved (for me anyway).

Rifleman did a review of it a few months ago. I love the modularity. The ability to go with a short grip and a full-sized slide is ideal for IWB carry.

Interesting to see the .22LR version of the 556 series as well. I'm a SIG man through and through, but even I have learned to wait a while before buying any new SIG firearm (assuming they get MA approval) these last several years to let them finish ironing out the "bugs." Seems almost every completely new firearm they've come out with starting with the GSR has had "teething issues."

Last edited:
It's a neat gun but I doubt it'll ever be compliant here. They'd have to bugger up the trigger to do it. That kind of defeats the point of the P250. It'd probably be fixable....

As far as the P238 goes... chamber it in 9mm and I might buy it... but .380? Yawn.

-Mike

The 250's are great -I kept going back and forth between that and a 1911 - the 1911 won. However, I would like to have a 250 - they feel great.

Am I the only one here that sees the P238 SAO trigger as a major turn off? I'd love to have that sized weapon for Concealed Carry but... SAO... honestly? What kind of use will someone has with that thing? The barrel is too short for a good target gun and you wouldn't want to target practice with it because it no where is near the same dimensions as other Sigs. Waste of money in my eyes and will probably be a big flop unless they work on that action.

Just my $0.02

Reply from Sig Sauer

I sent an inquiry to Sig and asked if they had plans to make this gem Mass Compliant... I received this response...

Dear Sir,
We do plan to submit this pistol to the MA DOJ for approval. This may take up to a year before we find out if it will be approved or not.

Regards,
Natasha

We must be patient I guess....[crying]

I sent an inquiry to Sig and asked if they had plans to make this gem Mass Compliant... I received this response...

Dear Sir,
We do plan to submit this pistol to the MA DOJ for approval. This may take up to a year before we find out if it will be approved or not.

Regards,
Natasha

We must be patient I guess....[crying]

Which "gem" are you referring to? The 250 or the 238?

To be honest I decided to stop buying new Sigs. I have 4 of them now and the way Sig has changed in the last 4-5 years has really changed my attitude towards them.

The new Sigs. now come with only one Mag and you really have to look at them real close before you buy one. Their churning out products that in the old days would never have left the factory. For the most part it's a finishing problem that also includes tool marks and unsightly blemishes.

Their customer service isn't what it use to be and they seem more concerned about having a reason to refuse to have the pistol sent back.

One of the members here bought a new Sig for almost a $1000 dollars and on closer inspection it had a lot of serious surface problems. Sig refused to fix it. Their reply was as long as there is no mechanical issue and it works it's not our problem.

Back
Top Bottom