• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

VOTE as if your gun rights were at risk. FINAL NH 2020 NHFC General election grades--Updated for both CD1 and CD2

Folks need to understand what happened in NH this election cycle.

Dems controlled the senate 14-10 and had more than a 25 seat majority in the NH House

When the NH Legislature meets again in 2021 the Senate will have a 14-10 GOP majority if nothing changes with recounts

The NH House will come back with at least 213 Republicans and ~187 Dems

This is a repudiation of what the dems did in 2019-2020....make no bones about it

A lot of people put a lot of effort into every level of this.....you want to keep NH relatively free then now is the time to get involved with your county/local GOP group and start working/recruiting people to run in 2022.

And the Executive Council. I know you know, but lets celebrate what little wins we have here. [cheers]

You're failing to distinguish between policy and personality
Just the facts....no feels please
That's my point. Trump acts like a giant douchebag. His policy has nothing to do with my point. NH voters in general don't vote for people that come across that way. I suspect it, on some level, makes NH voters feel like they are supporting a Ma**h*** or NY blowhard.

4 years ago, Trump narrowly lost to Hillary. Hillary, I think we agree, is pure evil. Hillary doesn't come across like an in-your-face d-bag. This time, Biden beat Trump in NH by a wider margin than Hillary did. I suspect it is how Biden presents himself combined with him appearing less evil than Hillary.

Trump's policy has everything to do with it

All you did was focus on feels and wail about cheeto man while ignoring all of the things he actually accomplished that no Rep or Dem ever did

First time in something like 30 years that we had a president that didnt get us into a war of some sort

Dont get me started on peace in the middle east

Time to put the TDS aside
I'm not talking about me. I'm talking about why Trump, Corky and Mowers all lost in NH.

Trump lost for totally different reasons.....there were lots of emotional votes against him.......note....people didnt vote for biden/harris....they made an emotional vote against trump...
I heard this from some folks. Trump is an arrogant, egotistical a**h*** which turned off tons of voters across the country. They never looked beyond his personality, so they never evaluated all the good that he accomplished and voted against him as opposed to "for" anyone.

I heard this from some folks. Trump is an arrogant, egotistical a**h*** which turned off tons of voters across the country. They never looked beyond his personality, so they never evaluated all the good that he accomplished and voted against him as opposed to "for" anyone.
Trump's brash persona prevents Trump from effectively communicating his successes in office. Re-election was (is?) his to lose.

You keep trying to make excuses for people that chose to vote with feels instead of upper brain function
Which is a better path to success?
1) Change the way a huge block of the voting public perceives things
B) Have the one person running for the most powerful office in the world modify his behavior to that of a normal civil adult

I'm not making excuses, I'm acknowledging the reality of the situation. You can say all you want about how it should work, but not addressing how it really works doesn't pave a path to success.

Trump's brash persona prevents Trump from effectively communicating his successes in office. Re-election was (is?) his to lose.

After 4 years of G. H.W. Bush and 8 years of G.W. Bush being polite and civil and getting abused by the media, the left etc. many of us welcomed Trumps behavior. H.W. lost in part because back in 1992 he refused to campaign or fight back until AFTER the republican convention and he was formally renominated. W managed to get reelected but his illegal unconstitutional war in Iraq cost republicans state and locals races up and down the ballot in 2006 and 2008

H.W. lost in part because back in 1992 he refused to campaign or fight back until AFTER the republican convention and he was formally renominated.

The bigger part was the jug-eared Martian - I think that was an Imus description. Slick Willie wasn't supposed to win since 41 seemed invincible - none of the "serious" Dems wanted to lose to Bush. Clinton was cannon fodder and expendable - oops!

You keep trying to make excuses for people that chose to vote with feels instead of upper brain function
Which is a better path to success?
1) Change the way a huge block of the voting public perceives things
B) Have the one person running for the most powerful office in the world modify his behavior to that of a normal civil adult

I'm not making excuses, I'm acknowledging the reality of the situation. You can say all you want about how it should work, but not addressing how it really works doesn't pave a path to success.
At DEC, one of our corporate trainers told us that "perception is reality" and that people's perceptions of a person become their reality.

Personally I don't like Trump, but I looked beyond his abrasiveness to see what he did and where the US was headed under his leadership. Most Americans can't seem to do that and they vote for their "feels". We're about to see the end result of that and likely the end of the democratic republic as a consequence.

I'm an Aspie. I don't do the "human feelz communicationz touchie-feelize" thing.

I appreciate someone who is direct.

You humans who continue to vote with your feelz ARE THE PROBLEM.

I'm an Aspie. I don't do the "human feelz communicationz touchie-feelize" thing.

I appreciate someone who is direct.

You humans who continue to vote with your feelz ARE THE PROBLEM.
Right. How many think like you? How many think like humans? A candidate needs to appeal to a wide audience.

Try this another way...
Was there rampant cheating on the part of the dems 4 years ago? What did Trump to about it if that was true? Trump beat Hillary by a narrow margin. It isn't shocking that Biden could close that gap.

That's my point. Trump acts like a giant douchebag. His policy has nothing to do with my point. NH voters in general don't vote for people that come across that way. I suspect it, on some level, makes NH voters feel like they are supporting a Ma**h*** or NY blowhard.

4 years ago, Trump narrowly lost to Hillary. Hillary, I think we agree, is pure evil. Hillary doesn't come across like an in-your-face d-bag. This time, Biden beat Trump in NH by a wider margin than Hillary did. I suspect it is how Biden presents himself combined with him appearing less evil than Hillary.
First - Trump DID NOT loose to Hillary. Second - did you vote for Biden? Just saying...

I didn't miss the accusations. If true, it will come to light in the near future. All I've seen to this point is mud slinging, from both sides.
Weasel words. Look at the numbers. Look at the facts on the ground. I've been predicting this for months. As usual, I'm right.

Try this another way...
Was there rampant cheating on the part of the dems 4 years ago? What did Trump to about it if that was true? Trump beat Hillary by a narrow margin. It isn't shocking that Biden could close that gap.
There was, indeed. In our federalist system where the states essentially control the voting process, it's difficult if not impossible for the federal government to implement prior restraint on elections. What must happen is actions at law demanding redress of fraudulent elections practice on the part of the states. That's where we are right now: the President's legal team filing papers. Surely you know that.

I just want to say that here are the 2016 votes.

Hillary Clinton D 348,526
Donald Trump R 345,790
Gary Johnson LIB 30,694

AND here are 2020

Joe Biden D 424,937
Donald Trump R 365,660
Jo Jorgenson LIB 13,236

Sadly, it looks like Biden got far more votes than Hillary and the libertarian underperformed. But at 516,609 Governor Sununu bested them all, and Jeann Shahen at 450,771 was second on the state wide totals.... Messner was at 326,229........

Not sure what all of this means other than NH voters do split tickets....

Trump didnt try to cultivate any such thing other than fighting back against dems.......Dems and media/propaganda have spent the last 5 years trying to cultivate the image that he's racist, russian plant, criminal and a lot of other things......
Trump has done his best to be everything to everyone. It worked, even when they were exact opposite things.

^^ That. NH went for Rs for state gov in a big way. The federal D-pull was, sadly, I think mostly the NH thing for "tell it like it is but don't be an a-hole" candidates (and some "not manufactured here" for Corky). Just look at Bedford (a heavy-R stronghold), which went in pretty strong for Rs - except going marginally for Trump and Shaheen. Unusual for Bedford, which went for Trump last time.

^^ That. NH went for Rs for state gov in a big way. The federal D-pull was, sadly, I think mostly the NH thing for "tell it like it is but don't be an a-hole" candidates (and some "not manufactured here" for Corky). Just look at Bedford (a heavy-R stronghold), which went in pretty strong for Rs - except going marginally for Trump and Shaheen. Unusual for Bedford, which went for Trump last time.
I'll have to spend some time examining the numbers when I have time. If things look kooky, I'll let everyone know. At this point, nothing surprises me.

Back
Top Bottom