• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

**UPDATED - gun replaced**. My Dan Wesson 357 is toast.

As with most of my stuff, give me time...

I already hit my chrono with one round of 9mm and one round of 357 mag a few years ago. Still going strong with a little duct tape. The front label for the buttons no longer stays in place. I just keep everything together in a bag[rofl]
View attachment 437345View attachment 437346

Damn I really have broken a lot of shit huh??🤣
Dude!

If I had known this, I wouldnt have let you near my revolver a few weeks ago.

LMAO.

I already hit my chrono with one round of 9mm and one round of 357 mag a few years ago.
I keep telling people not to tug hard downwards with the Bore Snake,
lest they ruin the crown. But oh no, they've gotta get that barrel all the way clean.

(Just kidding; I verified it's an old wives' tale).

😂 when I’m shooting it the muzzle is further forward so it doesn’t destroy the bag. Though sometimes I forget and have damaged it. You haven’t seen the other side of the bag covered in Gorilla tape 🤣
I made that mistake once with a 458 socom ar build. I was more worried about my sight thru the scope and trying to get a relaxed stance, that I had missed the fact that the bag made its way in front of the muzzle. Plastic confetti went EVERYWHERE!

Nice end to the story.. well maybe not the real end since you like to "destroy" things. Hopefully you will have this new DW for a very long time. It looks very sweet!!

I made that mistake once with a 458 socom ar build. I was more worried about my sight thru the scope and trying to get a relaxed stance, that I had missed the fact that the bag made its way in front of the muzzle. Plastic confetti went EVERYWHERE!
That’s hilarious 😂. I’m sure it will be happen to me at some point.

As with most of my stuff, give me time...

I already hit my chrono with one round of 9mm and one round of 357 mag a few years ago. Still going strong with a little duct tape. The front label for the buttons no longer stays in place. I just keep everything together in a bag[rofl]
View attachment 437345View attachment 437346

Damn I really have broken a lot of shit huh??🤣

There's a channel on YT that I've been watching "Target Suite" or something like that. He destroyed his chrono not by shooting it directly, but the gas check came off a bullet and took it out. Made an entry hole like a bullet, but the gas check didn't have enough mass to make it all the way through.

There's a channel on YT that I've been watching "Target Suite" or something like that. He destroyed his chrono not by shooting it directly, but the gas check came off a bullet and took it out. Made an entry hole like a bullet, but the gas check didn't have enough mass to make it all the way through.
Craziness

JFC I’m screwed if I break another one!
It probably wouldn’t hurt to have a spare barrel tube kicking around.

Well I got my invoice and tracking (delivery Friday) from DW. Problem is that the invoice says 6" barrel and I sent them the broken gun along with a 8" barrel that was drilled and tapped for scope base. Awaiting to hear back if they’re shipping the 8" or 6". Ugh I don’t want to have to ship it back to them.

There's your spare!

But the invoice is from CZ-USA
Did they buy Dan Wesson? How's that work? Will there still be Dan Wesson guns going forward?

I think I need to upgrade the Primary Arms micro red dot. The dot had been flickering on and off until I added some folded paper on top of the battery to keep it from moving under recoil. Worked okay after 50 rounds today. I suspect the dot will be the next thing I break 🤣
265F56BA-EA56-4C92-B3E3-5779AFBA62EC.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom