Updated look at how the ATF traces guns.

Maxrobot

NES Member
The ATF expects to trace 600,000 guns this year. "There were traces on more than 50,000 guns Chicago police officers recovered from 2017 to 2021, about 31,000 traces in Los Angeles and 19,000 in New York." "The ATF report shows 9mm pistols — manufactured by Glock, Taurus and Smith & Wesson — were the firearms most often traced in Chicago. That also was true in other big cities."
"Among the national issues the report highlighted, theft is a significant way that guns get into criminals’ hands. From 2017 to 2021, more than one million guns were stolen from private owners across the country, the report said."
See the two video reports in the article - "Chicago voters ready to leave city over crime," and "In a FOX 32 special report, Anthony Ponce looks at how the gun tracing process works and how it’s changing."

Last edited:
I once responded to a trace request on a .357 revolver eleven years after it was removed from a guys house due to a restraining order by his wife. The cops took 16 guns and left a receipt. We got them all back except for the .357 that somehow fell thru a crack along the way. My guess is that it went missing from the evidence room. Nice Ruger Service 6 4" blue revolver. S/N 161-531XX. Any one of you guys had it go by you? Jack.

The Government Whores will continue to whore themselves. There isn't a DOJ employee that is worth a "Piss hole in the snowbank". Folks if you know any of those creatures shun them. There is no such thing as a "Good One".
False. Dead ones are good.

Among the national issues the report highlighted, theft is a significant way that guns get into criminals’ hands. From 2017 to 2021, more than one million guns were stolen from private owners across the country, the report said."

Thank you Massachusetts for helping contribute to this number going forward, your service will be noted.

I once responded to a trace request on a .357 revolver eleven years after it was removed from a guys house due to a restraining order by his wife. The cops took 16 guns and left a receipt. We got them all back except for the .357 that somehow fell thru a crack along the way. My guess is that it went missing from the evidence room. Nice Ruger Service 6 4" blue revolver. S/N 161-531XX. Any one of you guys had it go by you? Jack.
Post it to HotGunz Stolen Gun Database

Back
Top Bottom