Sign for delivery

Knob Creek

NES Member
In these times has anyone ordered anything that required a signature on delivery and just found it delivered without one? I ordered some primers that required a FedEx delivery signature. Waited all day yesterday for the delivery guy to knock on my door and nothing. Eventually found them laying in my driveway in the rain late afternoon. No signature. Also a friend of mine is a gunsmith in RI. Found a gun he was waiting for in a USPS box on the front lawn. Again, no signature. Are the delivery guys foregoing getting the signature?

imagine being face to face getting signatures from random people?
in midst of pandemic, this should not be practiced
there are other ways the couriers can confirm receipt other than FTF

yeah, i'm siding with the delivery guy here. me, i'd toss your package onto the lawn from 10-15 feet away and run.

I had a gun delivered yesterday via Fedex back from S&W. Guy didn't want me to touch his electronic signature pad. I offered ID, but he told me that if he had the right house, he was cool with giving me the package.

I doubt he had any idea what was inside it.

you guys remember ups back in the day? you signed for everything. the driver use to tote a clipboard with the package and you signed next to your name. he'd rip a bar code sticker off item and stick it next to your name on the board. if you weren't around for the delivery he wouldn't leave it. no computers then so no tracking. delivery was a surprise. i remember how excited everyone got when they heard the truck. all the neighbors would be looking out the window in anticipation. [laugh] then they went to that big brown etch-a-sketch sign pad and now they just toss your stuff out on the fly.

In these times has anyone ordered anything that required a signature on delivery and just found it delivered without one? I ordered some primers that required a FedEx delivery signature. Waited all day yesterday for the delivery guy to knock on my door and nothing. Eventually found them laying in my driveway in the rain late afternoon. No signature. Also a friend of mine is a gunsmith in RI. Found a gun he was waiting for in a USPS box on the front lawn. Again, no signature. Are the delivery guys foregoing getting the signature?
Did you have a dog or dogs outside?

Did the driver put your package in a plastic bag?

If he didn't he's an ass

If he did, then you've got nothing to complain about given the current circumstances.

Did the driver put your package in a plastic bag?

If he didn't he's an ass

If he did, then you've got nothing to complain about given the current circumstances.
This was FexEx. No bag. UPS is good about using bags. The kicker is he left it in the driveway in front of the carport. If he walked another 6' he could have put it under cover.

Most of my deliveries don't need signatures. If you have an UPS site account (even the free version) you can make sure it alerts you for ALL delivery state changes. Including providing a window for when it is expected to be delivered (usually a 4 hour window). You can also set a package needing a signature to be left without one.

I have a package arriving today and another tomorrow. It will be the normal delivery guy (as long as he's working). He's another gun guy, so it's all good.

I have more issues with how USPS and sometimes Amazon delivery people leave packages than either UPS or FedEx. IME, USPS sucks the most across the board.

Haven't got anything from UPS or USPS big enough to be brought to house, but FedEx starting couple of months ago started leaving package in trash bag tied to mailbox. They used to drive down driveway and put on porch.

Fedex delivered powder and primers last night. Emails from vendor said signature required; driver didn't require it. I don't think he wanted me to touch his electronic tablet any more than I wanted to touch it.

My UPS guy is a real nice guy leaves it out back,and signs for it.
I always make sure to give him something nice on Christmas.
Now the postal guy is the biggest f*^king idiot I have ever
met.

My UPS guy is a real nice guy leaves it out back,and signs for it.
I always make sure to give him something nice on Christmas.
Now the postal guy is the biggest f*^king idiot I have ever
met.
My UPS guy is great too, he's a shooter and I always tell him about any good sales going on at various vendors.

I give him something at Christmas time too, usually a gift card because a bottle could cost him his job if it were ever found in the truck by a supervisor.

All my mail goes to my post office and I give them a gift card also......very good people who bust their asses.

fedex and ups are not letting you sign. touching the device that the driver has all day long is a great way to spread disease. When they deliver adult signature required items to me, they confirm I am here and then sign on my behalf. They have been doing this for about a week now.

Between my wife's addiction to buying from QVC abd HSN plus the normal Amazon shopping we get deliveries every day. I have a spray bottle with 10/90 bleach to water solution that I soak a rag with and I wipe down every package that arrives. Then I leave the package outside to either freeze or bake in the sun for a few hours before it comes in the house. A little excessive? Maybe, but I'm currently taking an immunosuppressive drug, so I do what I can. Might not work but if I go down I'm going down swinging. Or in this case, wiping.

4lbs of powder today.

But the bastards didn't wait for my signature several weeks ago when I got another shipment of 6lbs.

So I dont know if it's the virus or the dude doesnt care.

Between my wife's addiction to buying from QVC abd HSN plus the normal Amazon shopping we get deliveries every day. I have a spray bottle with 10/90 bleach to water solution that I soak a rag with and I wipe down every package that arrives. Then I leave the package outside to either freeze or bake in the sun for a few hours before it comes in the house. A little excessive? Maybe, but I'm currently taking an immunosuppressive drug, so I do what I can. Might not work but if I go down I'm going down swinging. Or in this case, wiping.
Do you rotate the package when its outside? The bottom could still have the virus.

I'm good with it - am almost never home and it's a freakin fiasco when something requires a signature, sometimes the end result is I gotta ask they just hold it and drive 45/25 minutes to get it depending if its FedEx or UPS.

If I really had to sign something I’d use a tissue or paper towel to hold the stylus.

I carry a paper towel in my pocket now for opening doors.

A few weeks ago I hauled down some crap my wife got from QVC to the Post Office to return. Turned out I was in line with three other guys doing the same thing.

I got some powder delivered yesterday by Fedex. They made me sign, weird because I’ve never had to sign for components before from any vendor.

I just had a package that required signature dropped off. I walked out the front door as the FedEx truck pulled up and put latex gloves on in front of him and he said not to worry about signing - he saw me come out of the house. He asked me not to worry about coming to him and left it on the front steps, maybe 10 feet away or so. He’s delivered a lot here too, so he knows me, which probably helped.

Back
Top Bottom