Sights suggestion for a M&P9

LuvToGoFast

NES Member
I have a full size that i'm using for action shooting and I want better sights. I've have the trigger done and i'm looking for suggestions...

Last edited:
Several NESers have made me an ameriglo fanboy.....especially since i prefer a straight 8 setup.

agree w above though a fiberoptic front will give great contrast in daylight but won't have tritium night capability as well. yes i've played around with the tru glo sights and honestly can't stand them.

I ended up choosing the Tirjicon HD's for my M&P (Shield). They provide a real nice sight picture during daytime hours and the tridium works nice and bright at night. On top of that, you have an option of either dayglo red or yellow florescent luminescent paint which surrounds the tritium front sight. This also glows in the dark. When my slide comes back from hard chrome, I'll post a few pics.

They offer a set for the Shield as well as a set for the full size M&P.

I just recently installed a tridium Big Dot frt sight..... OMG!!! I've tried about everything... these things are crazy good... can't miss picking up the frt sight right now.. and I mean quickly!!

Sights are so personal, its just one of things you need try a bunch. When you factor in how people process visual input differently, and quality of eyesight, there are just too many variables. That being said, I love my trijicon HDs on my M&P. Orange front sight really works for me because its not a color you see to often in daily life. It really pops out at me when I get gun up. I've also shot XS Big Dots fairly sucessfully, but there is some legit criticism about being able to make really refined shots with them. You can, but nothing like what you can do with notch and post.

another vote for ameriglo.. I have the pro I dots on my shield, and just ordered two sets of the hack sites for M&P 45c & G42

PS: And I found a code GSSF for 10% off

Last edited:
I have Ameriglo on my M&P. Plain black front and rear on my G34 by Battlehook.

I'm really against all fiber optic sights. They damage easily if you actually use your gun.

What kind of sights have you damadged by using your gun?

What kind haven't been damaged? I'm thinking about replacing my Ameriglos soon because the corners are beat up and some of the finish has worn off.

I had a Novak and a Warren FSP and both fibers got damaged during normal training. After that I gave up on fibers all together and went tritium. It's pretty easy to jack one up accidently just drawing or re-holster if you spend enough time shooting.

Got my G34 for Christmas. Stock FSP had corners completely dinged up after one range trip from draw drills. Bladetech holster.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom