Sig Pro Shop in Exeter worth a visit?

I'm going to have some time to kill in Portsmouth this weekend while the wife hits Kittery. I could always waste a few hours at the Trading Post, but I am curious about the Sig Shop in Exeter. I would love to take a class there some day, so I thought I'd check it out.

A quick google search did not list many ranges near Portsmouth. The South Berwick ME club looks amazing, but I would need a guest pass. Seeing how I'm a total pistol noob. (just bought a HK USP .40), I wouldn't feel too comfortable strolling into the club.

Thanks,
Bob

people there are really nice and they will give you all the info you need for classes. they dont always have someone working the shop but there are always people around, when I went I was told to speak to someone in the trailer next door to help me out.

The shop itself (in the training facility) is nothing much. Can buy Sig magazines, spare parts, clothing etc. They are not really geared up for walk-ins, more for people taking their classes (i.e. not always staffed, and front door locked if class is in the range).

Would recommend you call ahead, (to Kathleen Randolph in training dept - 603-418-8181). You may get someone to show you around. Looks like they have basic & intermediate handgun classes on this weekend, so plenty of newby's around.

-Tim

Just as an added note here, the Sig pro shop isn't in Exeter, that is where their main office and manufacturing facility is. The pro shop is actually located on the grounds of the Academy, which is located in Epping. If you're coming from Portsmouth, take 101 West to exit 8 (North Road), take a right off the exit, and when New England Dragway is staring you in the face, take a left. Less than a mile up on the left hand side, you'll see a large rock with "Sig Arms Academy" carved out of it, that's the entrance. Pull in there, take your first left, and that's where the pro shop is. As stated before, you're unlikely to find someone manning the store, but someone should be able to let you in to take a look around.

+1 on CHANGETHEGAMEs post. If there are staff roaming around and you find something you want to buy its likely someone can help you out. I'd suggest if you find something you like, wait until you take a course there in order to reap the benefits of the student discount which i believe is 20% off.

Was there earlier this month and picked up a Sig Sauer Academy baseball cap...the pro shop in Epping at the Academy is small so while I wouldn't go out of your way to go there (it'll be a short visit) if you're in the area and they're open go for it; you can also touch base with them about training and schedules.

Thanks a ton for the heads up guys. Turns out my bro-in-law up there will be home this weekend with 40 empty acres behind his house.

Back
Top Bottom