SIG conceal carry recommendations

If you are gonna have an issue with it, I guess it would be the DA trigger pull being different than the SA pull.

Some of you guys really have a problem with there being a de-cocking lever on the gun? Why?

Also, you can cock the gun manually if need be, before, during, or after a draw. I practice drawing and firing with the double action pull first, and I wouldn't mind if it was a little lighter.

Mike

Is there a DA/SA gun without a decocker? I can't remember anything off the top of my head.

I believe the standard CZ75 is DA/SA with no decocker.

- - - Updated - - -

DA/SA and a decocker???? Epic FAIL Just my opinion as I guess Im stupid and I HATE guns with lots of crap on them.

ZOMG, an extra doohickey!

It's not that hard to figure out. My HK45 has both a decocker *and* a safety.

I understand how some people (myself included) don't want to have to worry aboutactuating a safety... but the de-cocker isn't in the way and you don't have to use it...

Mike

I understand how some people (myself included) don't want to have to worry aboutactuating a safety... but the de-cocker isn't in the way and you don't have to use it...

For many guns with a decocker, you actually should use the decocker, rather than decocking manually.

If you want to carry i assume you want to protect yourself.

I'd say cary the gun which has slowest "bullet speed"

Slower the bullet -> more damage it will make .

just fyi

9mm flies out at about 1200feet/sec ..
.45 flies out at about 800feet/sec

If you want to carry i assume you want to protect yourself.

I'd say cary the gun which has slowest "bullet speed"

Slower the bullet -> more damage it will make .

just fyi

9mm flies out at about 1200feet/sec ..
.45 flies out at about 800feet/sec

:rolleyes:

I use it... but if he hates it that much, he doesn't HAVE to use it.

As far as your little slower bullet speed argument. Maybe I should just keep a golf ball in my pocket. Energy is based of a the squared value of the speed times the mass over 2 IIRC, so velocity "In theory" makes more of a difference in actual energy than weight. And that would be in the positive direction... Thanks for playin

So would you rather get shot with a .45 or a .308? .308 is smaller and weighs less... but its going... DUN DUN DUN, faster. Won't hurt as much, right?

Mike

So would you rather get shot with a .45 or a .308? .308 is smaller and weighs less... but its going... DUN DUN DUN, faster. Won't hurt as much, right?

Yup. One whole heck of a lot faster.

Ballistic gelatin tests with handgun rounds:

Handgun_gel_comparison.jpg

With rifle rounds:

308_TAP_comparison.jpg

Oh really? Would you care to explain your theory and share your data that supports your thesis?

i don't want to dig too dip into physics. but

take a pencil and hold it at the ends.
Ask your buddy to brake it in the middle by very sharp and fast movement using his/her point finger. But buddy has to move his finger vertically very fast.

Now take similar pencil and ask your buddy to break it, but moving his finger slower. He will break his finger but will not break pencil.

Don't try my on elementary physics :)

Ask your buddy to brake it in the middle by very sharp and fast movement using his/her point finger. But buddy has to move his finger vertically very fast.

Now take similar pencil and ask your buddy to break it, but moving his finger slower. He will break his finger but will not break pencil.

Are you serious? Are you really suggesting that the behavior of a hand hitting a pencil is an accurate model of a bullet penetrating a body?

Furthermore, simply at an elementary level of physics, a hand moving slow or fast does not relate to the comparison between a light bullet moving fast versus a heavy bullet moving slow. In your example, the mass in motion -- the hand and arm -- is held constant and the only difference is the speed. If the mass is the same and the speed is higher, then the energy is higher. So from a theoretical basis, you are not just wrong, you are completely full of crap.

From an experimental basis, a .308 round is 2/3rds the weight of a 45 ACP cartridge, but is going faster. The tissue damage from a .308 round is far greater than the tissue damage from a 45 ACP round. Furthermore, the survival rate of persons in the US who are shot with a handgun is about 80%; the survival rate of a person shot with a rifle is about 20% -- yet more real life data that your theory is full of crap.

Last edited:

[rolleyes]

I just love people who come into a perfectly good thread and crap it up.

IBTL.

Number 1 on my list to buy is a p938, which is roughly the same size as the p238, but with the effective 9mm instead of .380. Because they are so difficult to find right now, and not "MA approved", I may just grab a p238 for summer carry since I already have a nice full size compact carry.[laugh]

When did this thread fall into the ballistics competition hole?

Same way that all of the "what's the best home defense gun?" threads always go full retard with someone inevitably stating that shotguns are the best because they don't penetrate walls, and you don't have to aim.[laugh]

So, let me get this straight. A 45 is a more pwerfull and effective weapon then a .357 mag?
Let me put it this way:

MUAHAHAHAHA

Back
Top Bottom