Sig 1911 vs Ruger 1911......Which one???

BW23

NES Member
Hi Everyone,

I saw many 1911 threads but I didn't see any comparing the Sig 1911 and Ruger 1911. The pricing at FS is pretty close. The only main difference I saw was that the night sights are included with the Sig 1911. But the big question is which one is the better one to own. Mainly for recreation and home protection. Easy to maintain and clean is a big point for me. Any experienced insight would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

Last time I looked the Sig was 200+ more money than the Ruger. Also the Ruger is priced a little high right now because of limited availability. I think the Sig is a level of quality above the Ruger. The Ruger is a fine pistol I have several Ruger's but IMHO I don't think their on the level of the Sig's

Sig and Ruger both make nice 1911's, but why limit yourself to just those two? There are a ton of different companies that make 1911's. Buying one is not a decision to take lightly. [smile]

The Ruger is a better gun for the money, but have fun trying to find one right now.

-Mike

FS has Remington 1911 R1 in .45 acp. Your choice of Centennial or Enhanced models.
$639 & $849
A great option IMO

S&W E Series is a very good gun. So is the Ruger.

I would stay away from the SIG. It has a non-standard slide profile and as a result it can't fit in many 1911 kydex holsters.

S&W E Series is a very good gun. So is the Ruger.

I would stay away from the SIG. It has a non-standard slide profile and as a result it can't fit in many 1911 kydex holsters.

I actually love the look of the sigs, and if thats the only downfall you can find with it I think thats pretty good. I don't own one but i have owned sigs in the past and loved them. I think the Sig is a better gun pound for pound, don't get me wrong, I do love my Rugers also.

Remington R1 Enhanced is another great option. I love mine. I just have up the wait for the SR1911 and now with Ruger suspending orders it could be a heck of a long wait.

I actually love the look of the sigs, and if thats the only downfall you can find with it I think thats pretty good. I don't own one but i have owned sigs in the past and loved them. I think the Sig is a better gun pound for pound, don't get me wrong, I do love my Rugers also.

Early on SIG had big problems with their 1911s. I don't know how they are doing since then. Given all the quality problems that I've been hearing about the P-series guns, I'd be leery of them.

SIG 1911 is a damn good pistol. You get German innovation, and quality in an All-American firearm.
German innovation? [rolleyes]

There is absolutely nothing innovative about a SIG 1911. It is a standard 1911 with a Series-80 style action. The only thing different about it from any other 1911 is the slide profile. That "innovation" makes it not fit in many standard 1911 holsters. [thinking]

I have a Ruger and an E series S&W but the Sig is on my radar.....as soon as I finish "improving" the RRA AR 10 I just bought yesterday [smile]

I still haven't been able to get a Sig 1911 in hand to check it out. But I was able to tinker around with the Ruger SR1911. Too bad it was spoken for. I've shot the S&W E series but the cost is far too much for my budget, $1250. I'll tell you what though it shot beautifully, it was smooth, and comfortable as hell.

I've called all around MA and no one has the Sig 1911 in stock. But I think I'm sold on the Ruger SR1911. The only issue is I heard Ruger is so far behind their orders they stopped taking orders and who knows how long it'll be to see one on a shelf. Makes me want it even more, DAMN YOU SUPPLY & DEMAND!!

Even thought the Remington 1911 looked pretty sweet I'm going to stick to my guns and wait out for the Ruger.

Who would have thought....a 1911 famine......bah!

Within the past few weeks I've fired the Smith and Wesson E series and the Sig. After hearing a lot of bad things about the Sig I was really surprised at how nice it fired and how reliable it was. The E series was amazing as well but that was expected. I think just for budget reasons I'll be sticking with the Ruger myself.

The SR1911 is on my list of no so distant future purchases. Someone else mentioned the Sig 1911 had a series 80 action, the SR1911 has a series 70 according to a video on their website. To me thats another +1 for an already good firearm.

I've shot the S&W E series but the cost is far too much for my budget, $1250. I'll tell you what though it shot beautifully, it was smooth, and comfortable as hell.

Smith makes a rail-less E series 5" that sells for under $900, IIRC.

-Mike

Smith makes a rail-less E series 5" that sells for under $900, IIRC.

-Mike

I'm actually having a hard time finding any E series 5" period. But I would definitely consider a rail less version for under $900.

My main constraint is budget. That's why I wanted a Sig or Ruger. So I purchase a holster and tons of ammo.

So far it looks like people are suggesting the RUGER SR1911 over the Sig 1911. Anyone else with experience with either please post a quick review (pro and cons). Thanks!!

I'm actually having a hard time finding any E series 5" period. But I would definitely consider a rail less version for under $900.

My main constraint is budget. That's why I wanted a Sig or Ruger. So I purchase a holster and tons of ammo.

So far it looks like people are suggesting the RUGER SR1911 over the Sig 1911. Anyone else with experience with either please post a quick review (pro and cons). Thanks!!

From everyone I've spoken to the Ruger is the 1911 to get on a budget. The only problem is they're tough to find right now.

From everyone I've spoken to the Ruger is the 1911 to get on a budget. The only problem is they're tough to find right now.

Supposedly I am on the waiting list. So who knows how long I'll have to wait but damn now I want it more than ever.

My main constraint is budget. That's why I wanted a Sig or Ruger. So I purchase a ho

I just saw a Stainless E series rail less NIB at the Lunenburg gun show for 839. People weren't beating down the doors to look at it. I took a look at it its pretty nice...still its a 1911. Have a tough time paying that much for a handgun, it becomes a safe queen

If you want to pay a little north of 700 for a SR1911 they are all over Gunbroker for that price.
I would pick the Eseries over the Ruger if it gets into the 700 dollar range. The SR1911 just isn't worth more than 650.

I lucked out and got the SR1911. Haven't shot it yet. But did a good ole cleaning and lubricating just waiting to be fired [smile]

Man, i can't wait!

that might be me and it might not. But I went on the waitlist and a week later I had the SR1911 in hand, from FS. If your looking to buy a Ruger and your not on a waitlist somewhere then I doubt you will get one anytime soon. Put down some money and your name and be ready to wait. FS seemed like the only location to see them come in at least monthly.

d036248f-73c4-c185.jpg

I know of at least two guys who purchased the Ruger from FS this week, one of them picked up their new toy yesterday. I told him to call Carl and get on the waiting list just last week and now he has his shiny new 1911.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom