• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Western themed Colt 1911

Greg Derr

Gun Smith
Dealer
NES Member
Like the "Man with No Name" this Colt is waiting for naming. It started out as a Colt "Engravers Special" sent to me by a client that wanted a "Modern West" style build. He opted for the more traditional serrations for the front strap and the Chen Gen 2 magwell. For sights he chose the Heinie Ledge rear sight and a custom "gold line" front. I flat topped the slide and made an arrow pattern serrations. All the internals are tool steel. The frame was welded and recut for fit, the original Colt barrel was refit with an EGW stainless bushing and spring cap. An EGW grip safety and thumb safety were fit. The client wanted stag grips with an aged yellow look. I searched hard to find some with no luck. The grips you see are actually new, I concocted a dye to get the aged look. I hope he is happy. What do you think?

Attachments

• No Name gd 122723-03T.jpg
    No Name gd 122723-03T.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 113
  • No Name gd 122723-05T.jpg
    No Name gd 122723-05T.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 113
  • No Name gd 122723-06.jpg
    No Name gd 122723-06.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 113
That is one super clean and well executed custom. I imagine your client will be thrilled with it. Thanks for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom