Shrapnel... "I've been Hit!!!"

when i was 9, a crazy lady yelled out her window and shot three shots from a gun. guess what? a small piece of concrete hit me in the leg.

i thought i was shot too. -haven't never been shot before, i was limping and crying ... [rofl]

after my cousin lifted my pants leg up, we saw a very small hole and the small piece of concrete was still embedded in my calve.

it stung like a son' bitch though... this was along time ago, still lived in Washington Heights in 80's - so shootings were nothing to new.

-just thought i'd share.

when i was 9, a crazy lady yelled out her window and shot three shots from a gun. guess what? a small piece of concrete hit me in the leg.

i thought i was shot too. -haven't never been shot before, i was limping and crying ... [rofl]

after my cousin lifted my pants leg up, we saw a very small hole and the small piece of concrete was still embedded in my calve.

it stung like a son' bitch though... this was along time ago, still lived in Washington Heights in 80's - so shootings were nothing to new.

-just thought i'd share.

There aren't too many here who can say they have been shot at it. But you tell that it in such a way that I am rolling right now. Freakn' hilarious so long as you can get past the seriousness of it. Anyhow NYC, and particularly up there north of 125th st, in the 80s was one f'd up place. I grew up on the island and watching the evening news was like reading kafka. Glad you made it out alive, literally.

Hey all,

I finally ran into the fella that had been hit by the shrapnel. FYI he is a veteran and there was some discussion of PTSD or flashback.

FYI he brought it up. He began the conversation by laughing at himself and the reaction he had. He actually called his reaction way over the top.

I asked him if he'd been shot in the service. Nope... he was never in combat in a 20+ year service career.

He just overreacted... his own description.

So there you have it. Just wanted to close the loop on this one.

Rich

I was shooting a match yesterday at NB there were several bays set up, almost all had some steel targets. I turned around to see a guy standing there with no glasses. I said you gotta have glasses on while on the range. He said something like "I'm not shooting." I said "doesn't matter you need to have them on." He put glasses on and then about 20 minutes later his friend walked up, an older gentleman. I said the same thing to him. A little later I overheard one saying something to the other about me and the glasses. I don't know what they said but I think it was sarcastic.

Judging by the cold reception I got you'd think I told them they owed extra income taxes to the state or something. I thought I was doing them a favor... Like richc's OP indicates, bullet fragments bounce all over the place. I don't want to see anybody lose an eye. Not to mention, an injury like that could shut down the matches.

I was shooting a match yesterday at NB there were several bays set up, almost all had some steel targets. I turned around to see a guy standing there with no glasses. I said you gotta have glasses on while on the range. He said something like "I'm not shooting." I said "doesn't matter you need to have them on." He put glasses on and then about 20 minutes later his friend walked up, an older gentleman.
I told a young guy and his girl friend the same thing yesterday at NB. He got his glasses and she sat in the car. Too bad she was cute.[wink]

Respectfully,
jkelly

I was shooting a match yesterday at NB there were several bays set up, almost all had some steel targets. I turned around to see a guy standing there with no glasses. I said you gotta have glasses on while on the range. He said something like "I'm not shooting." I said "doesn't matter you need to have them on." He put glasses on and then about 20 minutes later his friend walked up, an older gentleman. I said the same thing to him. A little later I overheard one saying something to the other about me and the glasses. I don't know what they said but I think it was sarcastic.

Judging by the cold reception I got you'd think I told them they owed extra income taxes to the state or something. I thought I was doing them a favor... Like richc's OP indicates, bullet fragments bounce all over the place. I don't want to see anybody lose an eye. Not to mention, an injury like that could shut down the matches.

Hell, it could shut down the range, never mind the match.

I told a young guy and his girl friend the same thing yesterday at NB. He got his glasses and she sat in the car. Too bad she was cute.[wink]

Respectfully,
jkelly

Was this the "Kennedy family" looking guy who was accompanied by an asian girl?

Back
Top Bottom