Show the one gun you have a love hate relationship with!

Hanwei

NES Member
Okay... maybe hate is a harsh word... but in my collection... the one gun I continually go back and forth with... one range trip it's "I LOVE this gun!" and the next range trip it's "Meh... what else did I bring?" is my:

Sig 229 with Nill Grips.

I just got back from the range and had one of those "wow I LOVE this gun" trips. It really is a sweet gun. And I just thought it was funny how much I go back and forth with this one.

I think it'll be interesting to see what guns play this role with everyone else.

IMG_3431_2.jpg

IMG_3449.jpg

IMG_4217_2.jpg

M&P 9mm. I really dislike the striker fired action, I prefer a double/single action. And I dislike the lack of a manual safety. But with the trigger job, I like the pistol enough to keep it. The grip fits very nicely in my hand. I hate only being able to get a 10 round mag in MA.

209000_large.jpg

H.S. Model B

The one gun that I have a love/hate relationship with is my High Standard Model B. I love the gun because it was given to me by my grandfather, the gun fits my hand well, its very accurate, and you don't see 'em at the range often. I hate this gun because the mags are a pain to load, the slide doesn't hold open after the last shot, and its picky on what ammo it likes...Really picky!

DSC012711.JPG

Nikon523.jpg

LOVE: ergonomics, the way it shoots (for me of course), design & function

HATE: 10rd Mags, 10# Trigger aka Mass features

CONCLUSION: will shoot through 1000 rounds, get a good CC holster. if it goes well, i'll get a trigger job and probably carry it too.

My Colt 1903 Hammerless 32. Cool looker, refinished before I bought it...looks great...but the mag is an original, 2-tone and not the original that was refinished with the pistol. The dealer thought he was doing me a favor by giving me the "better, more valuable, all original" mag. This thing shoots like a dream. Surprisingly accurate even with those little, bitty, teeney, weeney sights. But that mag needs a beating every time I try to seat it in the gun. Then I need a pry-bar to release the mag! I come home and my hands hurt like I shot 1000 rounds or something! [thinking]

DSCF0836.jpg

Oh yeah...the minute I took the left grip off to clean it...broke into 3 pieces! I decided not to chase the dealer, I'll figure it out eventually because I love this thing...I think [thinking]

LOVE: ergonomics, the way it shoots (for me of course), design & function

HATE: 10rd Mags, 10# Trigger aka Mass features

CONCLUSION: will shoot through 1000 rounds, get a good CC holster. if it goes well, i'll get a trigger job and probably carry it too.

Same for me too.

I'll add a hate: the mag release is too easily depressed by my thumb under recoil causing mags to come loose.

Here's a pic of mine [wink]
100_1603.jpg

Okay... maybe hate is a harsh word... but in my collection... the one gun I continually go back and forth with... one range trip it's "I LOVE this gun!" and the next range trip it's "Meh... what else did I bring?" is my:

Sig 229 with Nill Grips.

I just got back from the range and had one of those "wow I LOVE this gun" trips. It really is a sweet gun. And I just thought it was funny how much I go back and forth with this one.

I think it'll be interesting to see what guns play this role with everyone else.

you are unworthy to own such a gun. That is a gun that gets by on looks alone. [rofl]

Sig 229 with Nill Grips.

That gun is sweet looking. I almost bought one last week but bought a SW1911 instead. I think I have to do the P220 now. Thanks for sharing.

My Calico M-900 carbine (It's the one at the bottom of the picture):

AWanyone.jpg

Pros:

Really cool looking
Very uncommon
Super high-capacity
Common caliber
Pre-Ban AW
Fairly accurate

Cons:

Constantly breaks down
Craptacular trigger
Takes a week to load the mag
Parts are expensive and rare

I still love it though, and would never part with it (or the 3 others I have).

My S&W 65-2
HPIM1887.jpg

HPIM1888.jpg

HPIM1889.jpg

This gun is gorgeous. When I saw my friends I fell in love with it. I hate shooting it. Even after I got rubber grips given to me from Depicts, I never shoot this pistol.

Last edited:
Okay... maybe hate is a harsh word... but in my collection... the one gun I continually go back and forth with... one range trip it's "I LOVE this gun!" and the next range trip it's "Meh... what else did I bring?"
I can't - I sold the miserable POS.

It was an AMT Hardballer. I loved that it was a .45 and a JMB design... but I hated that it was as reliable as a Yugo.

If you want pix, you'd have to find the sucker who bought it from the gunshop in Northboro, now out of business, where I traded it in.

I can't - I sold the miserable POS.

It was an AMT Hardballer. I loved that it was a .45 and a JMB design... but I hated that it was as reliable as a Yugo.

If you want pix, you'd have to find the sucker who bought it from the gunshop in Northboro, now out of business, where I traded it in.

I have one, haha. At first it sucked. Jam-o-Matic. But the dealer I bought it from in Topsfield stood behind his guns and did a complete action, trigger and you name it job to it. The only "original" AMT Parts are frame, slide and trigger. Everything else including the barrel is Wilson Combat. Best part...Didn't have to pay for any of it. Now it is one of my best pistols!

hardballer.jpg

Here are some of my guns that I love and hate.

1)1910 Maxim. It is big , heavy and a pain to pack up and bring to the range. The mount weighs more than the gun. You have to add water to shoot it. Not to bad to clean. The trigger is heavy. The first time I shot it a case broke off in the barrel (not the guns falt, just crappy ammo) On the plus side, it if frikin cool.

DSC06777.jpg

2) MG34 Big and heavy. The trigger is very heavy. A pain to clean because it breaks down in many pieces. The first 2 times I shot it it broke. After I fixed it it is fun to shoot. On the plus side it is frinkin cool.

DSC03540.jpg

I have some others but I can't think of them right now.

I have one, haha. At first it sucked. Jam-o-Matic. But the dealer I bought it from in Topsfield stood behind his guns and did a complete action, trigger and you name it job to it. The only "original" AMT Parts are frame, slide and trigger. Everything else including the barrel is Wilson Combat. Best part...Didn't have to pay for any of it. Now it is one of my best pistols!
I took it to Arms Merchant in Natick in the early 90's (I think that was when it was...) to try and fix it, and he made it worse... and told me to come pick it up, he wasn't going to do anything more to it.

From the viewpoint of a LOT more experience, now I'd probably try and replace the mags with Wilson Combat or Chip McCormick, as I suspect that the problem was more with the mags than the gun, but hey... hindsight is 20-20. *shrug*

My S&W 65-2

This gun is gorgeous. When I saw my friends I fell in love with it. I hate shooting it. Even after I got rubber grips given to me from Depicts, I never shoot this pistol.

I LOVE my 3" 64-3 [smile] Shooting .38 out of her is like petting a kitty. If I ever decide to sell her I promise to give you first crack at her. [grin]

IMG_4282.jpg

IMG_3981.jpg

Sig 229 with Nill Grips.

IMG_3431_2.jpg

IMG_3449.jpg

IMG_4217_2.jpg

So what is it that you don't like?

Here are some of my guns that I love and hate.

1)1910 Maxim. It is big , heavy and a pain to pack up and bring to the range. The mount weighs more than the gun. You have to add water to shoot it. Not to bad to clean. The trigger is heavy. The first time I shot it a case broke off in the barrel (not the guns falt, just crappy ammo) On the plus side, it if frikin cool.

DSC06777.jpg

2) MG34 Big and heavy. The trigger is very heavy. A pain to clean because it breaks down in many pieces. The first 2 times I shot it it broke. After I fixed it it is fun to shoot. On the plus side it is frinkin cool.

DSC03540.jpg

I have some others but I can't think of them right now.

Show off [wink]

The coffin was free all we had to do was dig it up. As for it being pink, we just didn't have time to find another that night, dam security, who know they guarded graveyards. It is for decorating for the different seasons.
Christmas

Christmascoffin.jpg

National Arms Day

DSC03148.jpg

It has many uses. A place for my girlfriend to sleep durning the day.

Back
Top Bottom