Shots fired near Simmons University

minininjer

NES Door Greeter
Boston police are responding to the area around Boston Latin School, Simmons University and Emmanuel College in response to a report of shots fired.

MassArt, Simmons and Emmanuel all enacted security procedures.

Emmanuel students were sent a text message that said, "Active threat on campus. If on campus, barricade door & hide. Avoid windows. Run, if option. Avoid campus. Wait for instructions."

Flying overhead, Sky5 saw many police vehicles in the area, including at least one armored vehicle. Students were also seen exiting a Simmons building in a single-file line.

Boston police confirmed officers were dispatched to the area of 300 Fenway at 2:38 p.m. No other information was immediately available.

Link: Boston police responding to report of shots fired near Simmons University

Update link:
Balloon popping mistaken for gunfire in Longwood Medical Area: Simmons, other institutions locked down

Last edited:
"Active threat on campus. If on campus, barricade door & hide. Avoid windows. Run, if option. Avoid campus. Wait for instructions."

Translation: Stand in a group out in the open and bury your head in your phone.

What does "Run, if option" mean? Run where? Is it still an option if I'm in heels? We need The Authorities to help us with these decisions!

Saw somewhere say it was shots near the Science Building.
Boston police officials have given the "all clear" to multiple educational institutions after officers responded to a report of shots fired near a university in the city's Fenway area.

So........... what was it? I have a particular interest since this is my alma mater but don't tell anyone.

So........... what was it? I have a particular interest since this is my alma mater but don't tell anyone.

I wouldn't admit it either if I were you. I don't often admit to have perhaps worked IT support there for a short while.

A Simmons student reported hearing sounds that she thought resembled gunshots, and the lockdown was ordered as a precaution, a university spokesman said.

"Boston Police conducted a thorough search of the academic campus and found no evidence of any shot being fired," spokesman Jeremy Solomon said.

Oh... so this is like the umbrella situation at the Burlington Mall then. Gotcha...

Nothing-to-See-15a34a2fc727c8.jpg

ok, we won't tell, just copy a 1000 times to make sure it's searchable. They got ninja school there?

We clearly need to outlaw baloons and hot air.

juist saw this on the news and the report was that a loud bang was heard. At the tike they said unconfirmed the school thought it would be better to shelter in place until they found out what it was.

On a serious note, this is exactly what the dems and media want. They love this shit. Absolute fear of guns so that even a balloon popping people are sh*tting themselves with fear.

Every time it happens you now have dozens if not hundreds more college aged people who will be anti-gun because of their “traumatizing” experience.

People are such pussies these days it’s actually embarrassing our country.

Boston police are responding to the area around Boston Latin School, Simmons University and Emmanuel College in response to a report of shots fired.

MassArt, Simmons and Emmanuel all enacted security procedures.

Emmanuel students were sent a text message that said, "Active threat on campus. If on campus, barricade door & hide. Avoid windows. Run, if option. Avoid campus. Wait for instructions."

Flying overhead, Sky5 saw many police vehicles in the area, including at least one armored vehicle. Students were also seen exiting a Simmons building in a single-file line.

Boston police confirmed officers were dispatched to the area of 300 Fenway at 2:38 p.m. No other information was immediately available.

Link: Boston police responding to report of shots fired near Simmons University

Update link:
Balloon popping mistaken for gunfire in Longwood Medical Area: Simmons, other institutions locked down

That explains the one helicopter locked in hover over the Longwood area. Thank you was wondering what was going on here. Good thing this is a gun free zone!

Admittedly (and hilariously now), shortly after I returned from overseas I was walking through Sears and a balloon popped right behind me. I dove head first into a clothes rack, knocked it over and started low crawling across the floor and yelling at people to get down. But at least I had an excuse. lol

I was so f***ing embarrassed but stood up straight and brushed myself off, and just said “hey sorry, good training ‘eh?” and left quickly for the nearest barroom.

Admittedly (and hilariously now), shortly after I returned from overseas I was walking through Sears and a balloon popped right behind me. I dove head first into a clothes rack, knocked it over and started low crawling across the floor and yelling at people to get down. But at least I had an excuse. lol

I was so f***ing embarrassed but stood up straight and brushed myself off, and just said “hey sorry, good training ‘eh?” and left quickly for the nearest barroom.

Yep, great training!

like this guy

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom