Palestinian students shot, injured at holiday gathering near University of Vermont

Somehow this incident doesn't pass the smell test.
"Without speaking, officers say the suspect fired at least four rounds from the pistol and they believe he ran away." NBC 5 WPTV
"Police say the three men were walking on Prospect Street when they were confronted by a white male with a handgun. The suspect was on foot in the area when investigators say he discharged at least four rounds from his pistol without speaking." WCAX 3
"According to a preliminary investigation, the city's police chief says the three men, all age 20, were visiting the home of one of the victim’s relatives and were walking when they were confronted by a white man with a handgun.“Without speaking, he discharged at least four rounds from the pistol and is believed to have fled,” NECN

"Without speaking, officers say the suspect fired at least four rounds from the pistol and they believe he ran away." NBC 5 WPTV
"Police say the three men were walking on Prospect Street when they were confronted by a white male with a handgun. The suspect was on foot in the area when investigators say he discharged at least four rounds from his pistol without speaking." WCAX 3
"According to a preliminary investigation, the city's police chief says the three men, all age 20, were visiting the home of one of the victim’s relatives and were walking when they were confronted by a white man with a handgun.“Without speaking, he discharged at least four rounds from the pistol and is believed to have fled,” NECN

I heard that he said, "This is MAGA Country" before he fired... :)

I posted similar remarks in the other thread.

Can I be first with "Vermonters - F'ing animals. Why do we let them into this country?" ??? [rofl]

I love it when the actions don't fit the narrative. "Wait. A middle aged white dude shot them for no reason? No. It's gotta be inner city minorities or shipped-in crims from other countries!"

EDIT

Better will be when he's tried and convicted and some here will say he was framed and railroaded because "mah peepow wuddn't doo dat!" It was probably those ballot stealers again!

An arrest was made at 3:30 PM on Sunday, but the media (including WMUR in Manchester, NH) is running the story (Even at 18 45 Monday morning) that they are still searching for a suspect. Are they trying to get maximum clicks out of this or what? Can't let a good crisis go to waste.
Jason J Eaton, 48, was arrested. He lives in the building the incident occurred in front of.

So a dude just shoots three random Palestinians right in front of his home for no reason other than they were Palestinians? Is this the story they are selling? Does the average shmuck even associate keffiyehs with Palestinians as opposed to some other middle eastern group?

Edit: Here is Jason Eaton.

_131831448_eaton__jason.jpg.webp

Jason's mother is saying he is struggling with mental illness and job security.

So a dude just shoots three random Palestinians right in front of his home for no reason other than they were Palestinians? Is this the story they are selling? Does the average shmuck even associate keffiyehs with Palestinians as opposed to some other middle eastern group?

Jason's mother is saying he is struggling with mental illness and job security.
It's early in the game and people effectively don't know anything. However, considering that the guy has been arrested for hours and there isn't a full court press by the state to wave the "hate crime" flag as wide as they can, I would speculate that:
  • It had nothing to do with their being Palestinian
  • There's no evidence the guy knew they were Palestinian
  • The three yutes came up with the "just shot us" line to cover something untenable that they were doing.
Pure guess on my part, but there's a much higher demand for hate crimes than there are actual hate crimes.

If it turns out that I'm correct, the story will just disappear with no corrections, to keep the "Islamophobia" narrative intact.

Last edited:

”I think Palestinians are probably the last acceptable completely marginalized people in the world," said Tasi Perkins, who holds a doctorate in Islamic Studies and lives on Loomis Street. Perkins said the U.S has "gotten caught up in the sensationalism" of the Israel-Hamas War. "When you combine a lot of emotion with access to weapons, pre-existing prejudices and what's fed by the media, it can lead to violence," he said.”

Lost BLM right there… The anti-racist movement discards the history of all others as irrelevant compared to African slavery in the US.

More on that from NYT, which appears to be reporting on the incident with minimal bias.

Like the 6yr-old Palestinian boy stabbed 26 times in Illinois mid-October, the guy who shot these three Palestinian men was probably mentally deranged. The liberal media places so much import on the actions of perpetrators of harm against any minority population, be they Black, Brown, Palestinian, LGBTQIA+, and care little whether the attackers were neo-Nazis or Environmental Leftists - they blame Conservatives, GOP, Trump and NRA.

Jw if we are supposed to feel bad?

No quarter for terrorist supporters here.
I draw the line at materially supporting terrorists - direct facilitation of terrorism, planning, training, funding, etc. Even then, extra-judicial physical violence against such supporters in the US is beyond sanction. This event was not self-defense or defense of our people‘s safety and security. Sure, the liberal agenda lets slip through the cracks whatever comports with their ideology, but that’s misuse of government - both sides do it, but it’s not a practice to aspire to.

Worse yet, in this case, it feeds the Left’s claims of Palestinian oppression and ties in gun control. The shooter was no better than lone-wolf left-wing extremists called out to violence against Jews and the West. Lunatics with knives, guns and vehicles triggered by extremists are far outliers, but become the poster children one side uses to slur the other.

That said, I don’t feel too very bad - I recognize that as a personal defect in my character.

I draw the line at materially supporting terrorists - direct facilitation of terrorism, planning, training, funding, etc. Even then, extra-judicial physical violence against such supporters in the US is beyond sanction. This event was not self-defense or defense of our people‘s safety and security. Sure, the liberal agenda lets slip through the cracks whatever comports with their ideology, but that’s misuse of government - both sides do it, but it’s not a practice to aspire to.

Worse yet, in this case, it feeds the Left’s claims of Palestinian oppression and ties in gun control. The shooter was no better than lone-wolf left-wing extremists called out to violence against Jews and the West. Lunatics with knives, guns and vehicles triggered by extremists are far outliers, but become the poster children one side uses to slur the other.

That said, I don’t feel too very bad - I recognize that as a personal defect in my character.

This.

If we're in favor of executing everyone who "supports terrorists" in their thoughts, then where does it end? We're not the thought police.

Barring direct evidence that these people have engaged in actual terrorism, or knowingly given money to terrorists, there's no justification for persecuting them in any way, still less for opening fire on them. This is America, where we're free to believe what we want even if it's repugnant; we're not free to DO what we want in support of those beliefs, which is why if these kids didn't DO anything, there's no good argument for messing with them.

Amazing that anyone here would support summary attempted murder based on wearing a scarf or speaking a foreign language.

So what happened? In summary
A guy comes out of his house and shoots three college students home for Thanksgiving vacation as they walked down the street wearing Palestinian keffiyeh scarves. One appears paralyzed. Little known about shooter/motive.
This.

If we're in favor of executing everyone who "supports terrorists" in their thoughts, then where does it end? We're not the thought police.

Barring direct evidence that these people have engaged in actual terrorism, or knowingly given money to terrorists, there's no justification for persecuting them in any way, still less for opening fire on them. This is America, where we're free to believe what we want even if it's repugnant; we're not free to DO what we want in support of those beliefs, which is why if these kids didn't DO anything, there's no good argument for messing with them.

Amazing that anyone here would support summary attempted murder based on wearing a scarf or speaking a foreign language.
I’m thinking Spartan65 was being a bit hyperbolic, even if he gets so quite often 😉

So, this turned out to be BS as well. The shooter was just a local mental case who also happened to be pro Biden and pro Hamas.

Eaton had been described as “that hippie guy” and “progressive”, an organic farmer who had posted a meme with a definition of “Amerika” that called it “the worst sense of the United States, ie imperialism, corruption and the global exportation of American culture.”

He appeared to be a Biden supporter

Media outlets, anti-Israel activists and politicians attributed the shootings to the Hamas war. Everyone from Biden and Kamala on down emphasized the “Palestinian” identities of those shot and implied that Eaton had attacked them because he was opposed to the ‘Palestinian’ cause.

In reality, Eaton supported Hamas.

On December 6, Seven Days, a local news outlet known for breaking stories about local politics, revealed that Eaton had tweeted, “the notion that Hamas is ‘evil’ for defending their state from occupation is absurd. They are owed a state. Pay up.”

Responding to an article about a proposed ceasefire, he wrote, “What if someone occupied your country? Wouldn’t you fight them?”

Back
Top Bottom