SHOT show pictures from gunblast.com

hminsky

NES Life Member
NES Member
From http://gunblast.com/SHOT_2010_1.htm

30-30 revolver, ouch!!
DSC09204.JPG

BFR (Biggest Finest Revolver) produced one of these in 45-70--yes, that's right---a revolver in 45-70-- and its not as bad to shoot as you might think. My only complaint was the seam right down middle of the the backstrap of the molded rubber grip. Dug into the palm something fierce but otherwise recoil was surpisingly manageable. I don't know the exact weight but you'd need some serious suspenders if you tried carrying it on a belt.

I found the two new S&W bodyguards underwhelming. The laser is a gimmick, but if you're going to put a gimmick on a gun, do it right. I asked the S&W rep why they didn't have any sort of trip actuated system, and he told me that was a Crimson Trace patented feature. S&W should have use that brand, or bought a patent license - it's silly putting a laser on a defense gun and then require a manual operation not naturally done when presenting the weapon to turn it on (more un-natural with the revolver than the 380). Two other changes - The cylinder release is on the back where the exposed hammer goes on conventional revolvers rather than on the side, and there is no exposed hand - just a gear that mates to the cylinder to rotate it.

Back
Top Bottom