• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shops that do gun cleaning?

I have a 30yr old Marlin 60 .22 rifle that hasn't been cleaned since I bought it. The action is finally getting a little sticky. I would rather have someone else do a good cleaning than do it myself. Can someone recommend a place to take it to? On the North Shore of Mass? And a idea of how much I should expect to pay? Thanks.

I know that Stateline Guns Ammo Archery Plaistow NH has a gunsmith in the shop, his name is Gary. I would think that one of the services offered is a full strip and clean...

Freeing the action of a model 60 is a piece of cake with a can of gun scrubber. It involves little more than removing a couple screws to take the stock off, and spray away. Just remember, too much lube is not your friend.

The model 60 is fairly simple and common, so if you need more than that done, I would think about any reputable shop would be glad to do it.

Be happy to give you a hand if you like. No gun smith but we should be able to work our way through it.

I took down my model 60 and it wasn't bad at all. It's two screws, one large screw on the foregrip area and the first screw under the trigger. Cleaned ALOT of gunk in there and the whole process wasn't hard at all. There is a section under rimfire.com that has pictures and a full explaination on how to do it.

Back
Top Bottom