• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shop refusing to do transfers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seconded; those guys are douche-nozzles. They have one of the best locations in W Ma and could make a killing! Their prices and aweful customer service (on the gun side) just boggles my mind. I actually popped in and asked if they had any 357 sig ammo coming in...may have well asked them to vote for Killary. I think part of the problem is that Rich owns the building (houses a good little liquor store and a D&D) and the rent he gets from them is so good that he doesn't really need to make money. He hasn't been doing X fers for awhile. His FFL his rules. I live 10 minutes away and never ever go there. Op, now you know why. If that dude only knew that my like minded friends and I would spend 1000s a year there otherwise...smh

D&D??? Dungeons and Dragons??????

This seems to be the norm, rather than the exception. I've also found that many of them have decent or great owners, but that the staff who actually work there day-to-day are rude, unhelpful, and more interested in working some place where they can brandish a gun on their belt rather than help customers with potential purchases, share information, etc.

I was surprised years ago to learn that many, if not most, customer service reps (lol) at gun shops are UNpaid. They take the no-pay job to fondle guns all day long. Sorta'splains the lack of customer service.

Oh. LOL Dunk And Donuts. Got it. Thanks.

Right where the Cumbies standoff was last week, there is a D&D right across from a real D&D store, so you have to be careful what you say in Rehobo.

Shops can do whatever they want. It's their business.
I bought a shotgun off GB last month from a private seller in PA. I called a local shop to arrange transfer and they refused to accept gun if it did not come from FFL in PA.
Next shop I spoke to said no problem, just have the seller include copy of his driver's license.

And while I was at the shop doing transfer a guy came in and asked about buying an AR.
They told him the whole Healy AG story and then told him he could not even buy one from his neighbor or friend if they wanted to sell one to him privately..........[thinking]

Oh. LOL Dunk And Donuts. Got it. Thanks.

Right where the Cumbies standoff was last week, there is a D&D right across from a real D&D store, so you have to be careful what you say in Rehobo.
It's Dunkin as in DUNKING Dounts or are you all to young to remember the original Dunking Donut? Dunkin Donut.jpg

the last thing you will need is advices from a gunshop salesman. Don't bother listen to them.
In the couple months I worked at Shooter's people always asked for recommendations. I refused to recommend one over the other. That's like me picking out a pair of jeans for you. I don't know what fits. I don't know what you like. etc.

R&R Sports shop in Belchertown. Only reason I go there is for their archery department. The guy who runs that side is an great guy. The firearms side has a huge selection id say the biggest in western Ma but the staff are arrogant and 100% FUDDS. Threw a friend out of the shop when he asked if they had any holsters that would work on a FNS9 Saying he needs to get out of their store with that illegal gun, Talked down on me because I'm not a fan of CCW with a revolver and made a comment about how you "young kids only want an auto because thats what you see in video game" Which is how the conversation above came about. Like I said their selection is great and their prices are average but the people are rude.

Holy crap. I'm now tempted to pay them a visit, solely for the entertainment value.

I seem to have good luck with the small "hole in the wall" shops. Like the guys who do it on the side and rent a little office space to sell stuff. In my experience most of them are actual non-fudd shooters and act as such.

Also what's with gun stores? I've had a few stores that I love, but man so many of them make me never want to return.

This seems to be the norm, rather than the exception. I've also found that many of them have decent or great owners, but that the staff who actually work there day-to-day are rude, unhelpful, and more interested in working some place where they can brandish a gun on their belt rather than help customers with potential purchases, share information, etc.

This occurs when the employment requirement favors the candidate's "firearms knowledge" instead of their people/sales/customer-service skills.

Disagree entirely. The vast majority of retail places that I have been to- especially niche market / mom and pop shops- were more than courtesy and helpful.
And just like gun shops there are great ones and shitty ones. That's retail.

This occurs when the employment requirement favors the candidate's "firearms knowledge" instead of their people/sales/customer-service skills.

Finding people with both firearms knowledge and people skills is hard, paying them minimum wage on top of that... near impossible.
Good shops will pay more for good help, have good service and bring in business. Those that cheap out... they get out'd on NES. [laugh]

Most shops iv been in are 1 or 2 man gigs. Owner and family are my guess. There's one shop in the area that all employees are open carrying and it drives me nuts for some reason.

Most shops iv been in are 1 or 2 man gigs. Owner and family are my guess. There's one shop in the area that all employees are open carrying and it drives me nuts for some reason.

It drives you nuts that they OC? lmao

I am exasperated every time I hear this nonsense go on with these shops. We are actually all in this together (unless the owner of R&R are hoping the state will move over to only revolvers so he can corner the market). No customers= no $. I had the unfortunate experience of dealing with Roach's in Cambridge (I know I know) back in the early 80's and they were a bunch of miserable jerks too. They died the slow death of first they ran out of inventory, then had terrible odd caliber rifles left over, hardly any fishing or archery equipment. It was so bad that when I visited it one last time before it closed there was dust , thick dust on most of the cartridge boxes on the shelves. It was like walking into a ghost town out West. The point I am trying to make is no matter how good his archery equipment is, you should offer them the word that if they continue treating their customers like garbage you will stop buying that from them too. That mentality of you have to support them because.... only creates bad shops that take advantage of true sportsman. Bad kids need a spanking, sometimes by mouth sometimes in the wallet.

Too much libtard brainwashing... nothing a few hours at the range won't fix. Maybe a couple shots of 50 BMG while you're at it [smile]

You'd like Great Northern in Windham NH....big sign: No Loaded Firearms Permitted. Turned around and got back in my truck.

Gun shops are like any other local business. Some are very good. Some are very bad.. many are in between. THe one thing that continues to amaze me is the lack of product and legal knowledge of the employees and the FFL's themselves. I've had 3 separate MA FFL's tell me that it was illegal to own one of my GLocks and have had 2 others demand to do an EFA-10 on an AR lower purchase.

I personally cant stand the shop. One of the sales guys tried telling me is was irresponsible of me to carry a 1911 with one in the chamber. And that the only gun a man needs is a 38 revolver because on an auto someone can put the slide back and cause the gun to not fire I returned with and on a revolver I could just grab the cylinder. He countered with my finger is strong enough to over power your palm. lmao

Seriously?! [puke2]SO Unfortunate that a store would give such bad guidance. Exploring the two schools of thought when it comes to a semi auto pistol (unloaded chamber vs loaded chamber) and having a conversation is one thing but to just dismiss something in one platform and declare that "the only gun a man needs is a 38 revolver.." because of whatever reason would make me wary of this persons experience and knowledge within the firearms community.
I believe that we can all (mostly) agree that different firearms have pros and cons and that those pros and cons directly are related to the mission or use that the end user anticipates.
Brian
Next Level Firearms

I've often considered opening a shop that SOLD NOTHING.

TRANSFERS ONLY.

No inventory; no storage; tiny shop.

Pure Profit $$$$$

I've often considered opening a shop that SOLD NOTHING.

TRANSFERS ONLY.

No inventory; no storage; tiny shop.

Pure Profit $$$$$

Open that business out of a closet in a business park.
Sign on door, flashlight in closet with a chair, a clipboard and laptop!
Talk about a micro business startup!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom