Shop refusing to do transfers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Figured id ask to see if this is the norm. Was in a local shop buying ammo when 2 guys walk in with a pistol in a case. Guy behind the counter asks what they need. One of the guys says were looking to do a transfer. Guy behind the counter says we don't do those here. Do it on your own computer at home its easy. The guy then says I would do that but iv used all of my transfers for the year. Seemed the buyer chose the shop and it cost the seller the sale because of this.

There are lots of douche shops that won't do transfers, or only do transfers like that when the owner is present, etc, for whatever ****ed up reason. Don't bother asking why, you'll just get some garbage answer out of the
byzantine empire. It's not worth the storage space in your brain absorbing whatever the dumb answer is. Just accept it and pick a different shop.

This is quite obviously a due diligence failure on the part of the seller and the buyer.

-Mike

Last edited:
And this is why you always call to confirm before making a deal with a 3rd party.

There are lots of douche shops that won't do transfers, or only do transfers like that when the owner is present, etc, for whatever ****ed up reason. Don't bother asking why, you'll just get some garbage answer out of the
byzantine empire.

This is quite obviously a due diligence failure on the part of the seller and the buyer.

-Mike

I personally cant stand the shop. One of the sales guys tried telling me is was irresponsible of me to carry a 1911 with one in the chamber. And that the only gun a man needs is a 38 revolver because on an auto someone can put the slide back and cause the gun to not fire I returned with and on a revolver I could just grab the cylinder. He countered with my finger is strong enough to over power your palm. lmao

Out the shop.

Also what's with gun stores? I've had a few stores that I love, but man so many of them make me never want to return.

I personally cant stand the shop. One of the sales guys tried telling me is was irresponsible of me to carry a 1911 with one in the chamber. And that the only gun a man needs is a 38 revolver because on an auto someone can put the slide back and cause the gun to not fire I returned with and on a revolver I could just grab the cylinder. He countered with my finger is strong enough to over power your palm. lmao

[lol] what shop is this? It sounds like a place to avoid.

R&R Sports shop in Belchertown. Only reason I go there is for their archery department. The guy who runs that side is an great guy. The firearms side has a huge selection id say the biggest in western Ma but the staff are arrogant and 100% FUDDS. Threw a friend out of the shop when he asked if they had any holsters that would work on a FNS9 Saying he needs to get out of their store with that illegal gun, Talked down on me because I'm not a fan of CCW with a revolver and made a comment about how you "young kids only want an auto because thats what you see in video game" Which is how the conversation above came about. Like I said their selection is great and their prices are average but the people are rude.

Talked down on me because I'm not a fan of CCW with a revolver and made a comment about how you "young kids only want an auto because thats what you see in video game"

Fudds gonna fudd

Elmergotagun.jpg

Are FTF transfers not legal in MA?

They are legal but when you blow out your 4 or you're trying to save them, as a seller, you're forced to go to an FFL at that point.

-Mike

They are legal but when you blow out your 4 or you're trying to save them, as a seller, you're forced to go to an FFL at that point.

-Mike

Roger that. Still a bummer for the OP.

So assuming that he backs up what he says, I assume that the shop only stocks 38 revolvers?

Seconded; those guys are douche-nozzles. They have one of the best locations in W Ma and could make a killing! Their prices and aweful customer service (on the gun side) just boggles my mind. I actually popped in and asked if they had any 357 sig ammo coming in...may have well asked them to vote for Killary. I think part of the problem is that Rich owns the building (houses a good little liquor store and a D&D) and the rent he gets from them is so good that he doesn't really need to make money. He hasn't been doing X fers for awhile. His FFL his rules. I live 10 minutes away and never ever go there. Op, now you know why. If that dude only knew that my like minded friends and I would spend 1000s a year there otherwise...smh

Seconded; those guys are douche-nozzles. They have one of the best locations in W Ma and could make a killing! Their prices and aweful customer service (on the gun side) just boggles my mind. I actually popped in and asked if they had any 357 sig ammo coming in...may have well asked them to vote for Killary. I think part of the problem is that Rich owns the building (houses a good little liquor store and a D&D) and the rent he gets from them is so good that he doesn't really need to make money. He hasn't been doing X fers for awhile. His FFL his rules. I live 10 minutes away and never ever go there. Op, now you know why. If that dude only knew that my like minded friends and I would spend 1000s a year there otherwise...smh

Yup, generally a good selection, but Richie just sits there like Jabba the Hutt. They were quick to sign on to the AG's bs and quick to raise prices whenever there's a run on guns or ammo. I live 15 minutes away and rarely go there.

Since July I've run in to more and more FUDD-ness at shops

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, that place used to be awesome. And friendly, too.

Now that you mention it, I did get a weird vibe last time I was there.

Can I recommend Firearms Professionals in Agawam? Same spot as the old Auto-Sport. Very friendly and nice, but small selection.

First and last time I went to firearms pro they wanted to record my license info for an ammo sale. I passed on the ammo and I've never been back.

WTF chambered cocked and ready to rock! total fudd DB

Also what's with gun stores? I've had a few stores that I love, but man so many of them make me never want to return.

This seems to be the norm, rather than the exception. I've also found that many of them have decent or great owners, but that the staff who actually work there day-to-day are rude, unhelpful, and more interested in working some place where they can brandish a gun on their belt rather than help customers with potential purchases, share information, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom