• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shop refusing to do transfers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been to R&R in Belchertown.
Heck I used to live in that town from 1972-1978.
His shop his rules.
My money, my rules.
Sorry Charlie, no money for you!

It drives you nuts that they OC? lmao

Its not so much the fact that they are open carrying its the fact that they Open carry while in the shop its the fact that they make it a point to open carry. I can understand open carrying a 1911 or a full size handgun but why OC a glock 42 or a shield 9mm. Not my thing I suppose. Granted iv never been in a situation where I needed or would feel comfortable open carrying

I personally cant stand the shop. One of the sales guys tried telling me is was irresponsible of me to carry a 1911 with one in the chamber. And that the only gun a man needs is a 38 revolver because on an auto someone can put the slide back and cause the gun to not fire I returned with and on a revolver I could just grab the cylinder. He countered with my finger is strong enough to over power your palm. lmao

lmao, it's a drawback that can be fixed with practice. What a clown to mention about one in the chamber. what's the point of carrying if it's not loaded. People will do crazy stuff under pressure

I personally cant stand the shop. One of the sales guys tried telling me is was irresponsible of me to carry a 1911 with one in the chamber. And that the only gun a man needs is a 38 revolver because on an auto someone can put the slide back and cause the gun to not fire I returned with and on a revolver I could just grab the cylinder. He countered with my finger is strong enough to over power your palm. lmao

I would have been loud and obnoxious. I'd have said "You know what, you're right. Every serviceman since WW1 that has used a semi auto pistol is a pu**y, real men only need a .38 wheel gun. Thanks for showing me the light and setting me straight." Then I'd figure out what the hell my FB login is and sign up for twitter and post it all over the place that the shops opinion is that.

Afterwards I'd sit back and enjoy the show. [popcorn]

Its not so much the fact that they are open carrying its the fact that they Open carry while in the shop its the fact that they make it a point to open carry. I can understand open carrying a 1911 or a full size handgun but why OC a glock 42 or a shield 9mm. Not my thing I suppose. Granted iv never been in a situation where I needed or would feel comfortable open carrying
Perhaps you need to get out more. I've never been in a gun shop without a loaded firearm on me. Ever. You never know who is walking in that has evil intentions.

Perhaps you need to get out more. I've never been in a gun shop without a loaded firearm on me. Ever. You never know who is walking in that has evil intentions.

I always have a firearm on me. Loaded of course. Iv just never felt the need to OC and to announce to all hey look I have a gun. To me that just makes you the first target if a situation arises.

I would have been loud and obnoxious. I'd have said "You know what, you're right. Every serviceman since WW1 that has used a semi auto pistol is a pu**y, real men only need a .38 wheel gun. Thanks for showing me the light and setting me straight."
Bad analogy, since those servicemen were generally trained to carry empty chamber.

Plus, the response demonstrates that you are under some sort of illusion that your opinion matters to the gun shop expert.

Bad analogy, since those servicemen were generally trained to carry empty chamber.

Plus, the response demonstrates that you are under some sort of illusion that your opinion matters to the gun shop expert.

Empty chamber or not, the clerk is still of the opinion that the only hand gun a man needs is a .38 revolver.

As for the gun shop expert I'll have to ask for forgiveness of the forum membership, I've narrowed my LGS shopping to only three shops because of all the jackasses and have forgotten just how prevalent they are elsewhere. [laugh]

Empty chamber or not, the clerk is still of the opinion that the only gun a man needs is a .38 revolver.

As for the gun shop expert I'll have to ask for forgiveness of the forum membership, I've narrowed my LGS shopping to only three shops because of all the jackasses and have forgotten just how prevalent they are elsewhere. [laugh]

Iv pretty much narrowed my shops down too 2 regularly and a third for certain items. This particular shop I go to only for their archery department. The guys on that side are awesome and have given me some great deals and advice. But like has been said the gun shop side is a joke the owner is nice on a good day and a complete jerk on a bad day. Hes not in it for the money just uses the shop as a hang out for him and his buddies.

So I see you've never openly carried carried a full size handgun all day, all week.

OCing or at least OWB carry, on average, is a lot more comfortable, regardless of the gun in play. If you're in a gun shop there's no advantage to concealing the gun- everyone is assuming that everyone else in that shop is armed anyways (or at least anyone with at least one functioning brain cell).

-Mike

As for the gun shop expert
Some people think that working in a gunshop means

1. They are an expert
2. They are an authority figure

Neither is the case, though I did see one older clerk at Four Seasons play the "I'll guess the mfgr date on this old Colt a customer brought in before looking it up" and get the right answer.

I always have a firearm on me. Loaded of course. Iv just never felt the need to OC and to announce to all hey look I have a gun. To me that just makes you the first target if a situation arises.
Really? Please tell us more because you really are coming off as someone who gets piss stained at the sight of an open carried firearm.

OCing or at least OWB carry, on average, is a lot more comfortable, regardless of the gun in play. If you're in a gun shop there's no advantage to concealing the gun- everyone is assuming that everyone else in that shop is armed anyways (or at least anyone with at least one functioning brain cell).

-Mike

I suppose that's a valid point. I open carry OWB while I'm in the woods scouting or what not and don't tend to find it any more comfortable then IWB. The only time I find IWB not comfortable is while driving and I'm not sure I would find OWB any more comfortable. Now if I was carrying a larger frame gun then my M&P 45C I might reconsider OWB but as it stand I find IWB fits my needs more so then OWB,

Really? Please tell us more because you really are coming off as someone who gets piss stained at the sight of an open carried firearm.

I smile when I see open carrying.

Gun shop owners and carrying... All I'm going to say is that if you're going to raid a gun store, you're going to do it after operating hours and you're probably not going to go in the front door unless you go in using a car. I've seen shop owners open carry and I can't even recall who it was since it mattered not to me. I would be more concerned about the clerk having quick access to a loaded shotgun behind the counter, if I had stealing on my mind (I don't).

Why because I don't find the need to wear a giant billboard on my hip that screams HEY LOOK AT MEI HAVE A GUN. Maybe living in mass my entire life has caused me to be a bit my subtle with my weapons. I just see no advantage to open carry and a few disadvantages.

Why because I don't find the need to wear a giant billboard on my hip that screams HEY LOOK AT MEI HAVE A GUN. Maybe living in mass my entire life has caused me to be a bit my subtle with my weapons. I just see no advantage to open carry and a few disadvantages.

JUST WOW.
Do you rinse with vinegar and water after brushing your teeth? You must get lock jaw at the range.

You know what. Right now we are deeper in the closet than IV Drug users. Its time to take cue from our gay cousins (Pink Pistols). They stood up against negative stereotypes and got in peoples faces. Time for us to do the same.
I have a NES sticker on my car and a LaRue Tactical sticker also. I will be adding a Pink Pistols soon.

Not sure I catch your drift. Can you explain to me why opening carrying is something you find appealing.

1. More comfortable with any pistol.

2. A hardcore junkie who wants to knife you for money isn't going to see you as either a better or worse target with or without a gun visible. A terrorist shooting up the joint is going to try to shoot everyone. When open carrying, you usually wear the gun at 3:00 to 5:00. It's not really visible unless someone's wearing a rather gaudy gun or you're looking at their side. Gun owners are probably the best for spotting guns on other people since we know where to look immediately.

3. Their shop, they can do what they want.

4. Why do you care what they do with their own guns? Are they un-holstering them and making gestures at you? Are they pointing to them and explaining how your gun is inferior? You said yourself, they're OCing smaller guns like a G42 and a S&W Shield, yet you said one guy spouted off that "real men only need a .38" or something along those lines. There's a paradox here, because a small semi auto is not a .38 Special revolver.

5. Gun stores are pretty close to the Perfect Competition model of a market from a customer's point of view - they offer damn near the same products at slightly different prices within the same geographic region. If you don't like their shop, you're welcome to not patronize them. If you like their archery shop, patronize the archery shop but take up your points of grief with the management of the gun shop and explain why you're not buying any of their guns or gun-related merchandise.

Not sure I catch your drift. Can you explain to me why opening carrying is something you find appealing.
I'm 100% comfortable with open carry. You might need to stay close to the womb if you have nightmares over it.

In fear of getting a trip on the ban bus I think it's time for me to place you on ignore before I unload my true feelings about people who think like pussies.

I've often considered opening a shop that SOLD NOTHING.

TRANSFERS ONLY.

No inventory; no storage; tiny shop.

Pure Profit $$$$$

Sounds almost like a kitchen-table FFL, before the Clinton administration's ATF mostly put them out of business in the early '90s. Shame there aren't still more of those around, they'd do a land-office business with internet transfers these days.

I'm 100% comfortable with open carry. You might need to stay close to the womb if you have nightmares over it.

In fear of getting a trip on the ban bus I think it's time for me to place you on ignore before I unload my true feelings about people who think like pussies.

You have to be one of the most ignorant person iv read on this forum if you think that because I don't find the point in open carry it makes me a "Pussie". If you want to open carry in a state that wants to stereotype gun owners as guys who think their gun slingers in the wild wild west be my guest but ill choose to keep my pistol in my waist band. I think you should walk around Boston open carrying and see how far being an internet tough guy gets you.

You have to be one of the most ignorant person iv read on this forum if you think that because I don't find the point in open carry it makes me a "Pussie". If you want to open carry in a state that wants to stereotype gun owners as guys who think their gun slingers in the wild wild west be my guest but ill choose to keep my pistol in my waist band. I think you should walk around Boston open carrying and see how far being an internet tough guy gets you.

[grin]

- - - Updated - - -

Potato in the speedo type of guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom