• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shooting at Georgia gun range leaves 3 dead

hopkinton? :)
Nope; but not playing 20 Questions to identify the club.

Do your range rules also prohibit people from shooting other people on the range to steal their firearms? And whatever else?

Just asking for a friend...
Not sure;
but if constructive possession counts for anything,
our tractor has a backhoe attachment...

93e84b8e-50cc-4079-8f5b-148c7bce77e4-jpeg.601481
Everyone else on NES is all "good trigger discipline".
I'm like, "oooh, a cookie!".

I have noticed a surge in shooting stories on the liberal feed on my homepage. Beat it into the drones - "Guns, bad; Enslavement, good"

I've taking to asking people who are anti-gun why they think the founding fathers wrote the second amendment. It's fun.

This happens often enough that range safety isn't just about gun safety. The perps at Miami Shootout got their weapons this way. There is also the case the attorney in PA shot dead for his guns at the range.

It's not very common but it does happen. Also happens via criminals vs cops looking to "upgrade" or pick up another gun. Happened with that MIT officer when the two Djerkoff Towelhead marathon bomber brothers tried to get his gun, they were, however, too stupid to get it out of his duty holster, apparently.

Not sure;

I think I may need to turn in my NES membership card. I totally missed the fact that there was even a gun in that photo, let alone the "good trigger discipline" part. ALL I saw was the COOKIE!

Frank

Last edited:

Not sure;

I think I may need to turn in my NES membership card. I totally missed the fact that there was even a gun in that photo, let alone the "good trigger discipline" part. ALL I saw was the COOKIE!

Fran

I thought it was a piece of chicken lol

I couda sworn that it was a pacifier.

[smile]

Up until about 3 years ago I never felt the need to carry at my gun club. Many times it's a nusence carrying and trying to shoot rifle prone. After the "other" gun club 3 way lovers quarrel shooting I gave much more consideration to carrying at all times at my club. I often run 600 yd member shoots, i've also voluenteered for WOT (women on target). Bottom line while one would like to trust that all gun club members are 2A responsible and of "sound mind" you simply never know what you could face as far as a planted anti gun moonbat within your sporting club. Now i'm always prepared to defend if need be in the wake of a potantially very bad situation.

Condolences to the extended family.

And then some, because...

Sad, husband and wife owners and their 19 yr old grandson dead. That flat out sucks.

...the local coroner, who responded to the crime scene, was the son and father of the victims. I can't even imagine.

It's not very common but it does happen. Also happens via criminals vs cops looking to "upgrade" or pick up another gun. Happened with that MIT officer when the two Djerkoff Towelhead marathon bomber brothers tried to get his gun, they were, however, too stupid to get it out of his duty holster, apparently.
That’s true. I was one of Sean’s firearms and active shooter instructors in the academy. I remember getting that phone call from my boss at like 0130 or something, telling me to come back into work after he had been killed. Investigators later recovered their prints on his gun, which was still holstered.

Seems like someone robbed a rental range after hours.

The perps have balls of steel.

No way in hell any rental public rental place would Crack my top 5000 of places to rob.

You gotta figure most of the people are armed... some for first time and you have just as good of a chance getting shot by accident as on purpose
You are thinking about this.

The people doing this sh*t are not above the idiots trying to rob $100 from a convenience store (they are probably the same). They are not very smart people.

Seems like someone robbed a rental range after hours.

The perps have balls of steel.

No way in hell any rental public rental place would Crack my top 5000 of places to rob.

You gotta figure most of the people are armed... some for first time and you have just as good of a chance getting shot by accident as on purpose
I’m willing to bet that the perps just went in and started shooting without any warning. Their plan was to kill them all from the get go and then rob the place without having to break into any gun safes. Figure two guys come in to the shop just before closing. The proprietors are just getting ready to close and haven’t started locking up the guns yet. The perps come in, see that they are the only ones there and just immediately start shooting, not giving the three any chance to defend themselves. These guys (might be a guy but I’m thinking at least two) always intended to kill every one there and leave no witnesses.

You are thinking about this.

The people doing this sh*t are not above the idiots trying to rob $100 from a convenience store (they are probably the same). They are not very smart people.
I just assume they don't know gun safety lol.

Afs in attleboro is about as scary as my job where we average 1 death every 3-5 years

When the range rules forbid it?
Time to find a new range!

I have always carried at my gun clubs. OC at Braintree R&P and Londonderry F&G is pretty common on the properties. Sharon F&G, on the other hand, didn't approve and gave me shit over it, but I never paid attention to them (it wasn't in any rules, just the FUDDs acting like Karens).
This is one reason my son-in-law and I have started to always go to the range together (besides it’s more fun with a partner). One stays at the shooting line (with the guns) while the other hangs targets.
I usually take my Wife to the range with me and I'll change targets while she watches our stuff at the bench.

For years I used to leave my gun(s) on the bench when I went down to check or swap targets, never really gave it a second thought but thanks to NES I don't do that anymore. Rifle goes with me down to the target, I get asked a lot why.

We have a dedicated bathroom gun. If I have to deal with an intruder without being able to wipe, I'm burying a body 🤣
I have a master bath gun, a guest bath gun, a living room gun, a dining room gun, an office gun (all properly stored and kept of course)….

Back
Top Bottom