• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

shipping gun into ma

garyz

NES Member
sorry, not sure if this is the right place
but I'm trying to veryify if a gun can be brought into ma, if it's preban

i am interested in a feather at9 which, I know new production is not allowed in ma, but can I buy one online, that was made pre 1994 and have it transfered into ma?
I was told by one gun shop, NO, and Yes by another?
I'm confused, and don't want to end up in jail or loosing my money

any help is appreciated

garyz

It's a preban (1994) rifle, yes it can be shipped into Mass and legally transfered to you. Class A LTC of course because it's HI-CAP

garyz,

Welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy it here. You posted your question in the proper forum. Here's my response:

-----

What exactly is a "feather at9"? I can't recognize anything from this name . . .

Is it a pistol? rifle? shotgun?

ONLY pistols have to meet the BS of being on the EOPS List or "in-state" on 10/21/98 in order to be transferred into MA.

Pre-ban rifles/shotguns have no such restriction and can freely be sold/transfered by a MA FFL/Dealer.

Jon, slight correction:

- LTC-A required for hi-cap pistols (and good for everything else except full auto).

- LTC-B is the minimum for hi-cap rifles/shotguns and OK for everything else EXCEPT hi-cap pistols. LTC-B also forbids concealed carry of anything by statute.

thx
Jon, thank you for the info, now I just have to find one resonably priced

lens, feather at9 is a 9mm rifle w/ a collapsable stock
totally takedown. you can check out the new production models at

www.featherusa.com

I have the 22lr version and it's a great gun to shoot, now I want to get the 9mm

thx for the help

garyz

Good luck in your quest, Gary. Average between what, $600-900?
And welcome to the board.
Thanks Len [wink]

"It's a preban (1994) rifle, yes it can be shipped into Mass and legally transfered to you. Class A LTC of course because it's HI-CAP"

Incorrect. "Large capacity" LONG arms, i.e., rifles and shotguns capable of holding in excess of 10 and 5 rounds, respectively, only require a Class B LTC to possess.

It's POSSESSING "large capacity" handguns and/or CARRYING any handgun that requires a Class A.

feather

feather was a small company, that was bought out, then went belly up, but came back for another try.
they were specifically named in some of the weapon bans, so I think that kind of wiped them out the first times

c-pher, you stated there are 4 dealers that carry this gun,
can you tell me who? if it's not to bad of a ride, it may be worth my while

thx
garyz

Back
Top Bottom