sheriff shot in maine

Nah, sounds like to me that some people here want more information about the context of the altercation, etc. I think those are pretty legit questions to ask, but all the media/state/etc seems to be saying is "guy with a badge died, this random shitbag did it, no further details". That really gives people a lot to go on.... It's the police shooting death version of "If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college."

-Mike
Nah, It's just we've got the same 4 or 5 guys that let's just say ain't all that broke up when a cop gets it.

I'm reading an awful lot of statements here that are basically saying "the laws are not what we want them to be, so if this cop was enforcing them, this felon/burgler could very well have been justified in killing him".
Our do I have that wrong?
Wrong

Nah, It's just we've got the same 4 or 5 guys that let's just say ain't all that broke up when a cop gets it.
That's not what they're saying.

They're saying that there are situations where a private citizen would be justified in defending himself, even against a uniformed cop; and that without more information, any American that believes in Presumptive Innocence would ask for more information.

Then they're asking for more information.

If you're not in jail, you should be able to carry a firearm. Period. I do not consider the MA charges at all valid or a reason to consider this guy a bad person. Everyone has the right to self defense whether you're a nice guy or an a**h***.

The only question should be what happened to cause the altercation. It was something. Very, very few homicides are without a cause. I.e. truly random. There was some circumstance that caused him to shoot the sheriff. What was it? Until we know that, I'm not mourning the officer or condemning the accused.

That's not what they're saying.

They're saying that there are situations where a private citizen would be justified in defending himself, even against a uniformed cop; and that without more information, any American that believes in Presumptive Innocence would ask for more information.

Then they're asking for more information.

Yup. But apparently that makes me a bad guy. You know, because blind loyalty to the state is such an awesome virtue and nothing has ever gone wrong taking that course of action.

I'm reading an awful lot of statements here that are basically saying "the laws are not what we want them to be, so if this cop was enforcing them, this felon/burgler could very well have been justified in killing him".
Our do I have that wrong?

Uhhh, no. There is a lot of cross-talk. No one is saying "the law sucks so he had a right to shoot the cop." Nah, brah. Law of the land is NO GUN LOADED IN YOUR TRUNK. That has no bearing on him getting bail for said offense or the Deputy doing whatever in lieu of the MA court date.

Reading Is Fundamental

Charge does not = what he was convicted of

Felony burglary conviction is not consistent with 17 days in jail and a year of probation.......not even in Baltimore or mAss

As I stated previously the reporting on this sucks ass and is HORRIBLY written

Sentence = sentence. You can't sentence someone on a charge. Keep reading. ;) "Mr. jpk, you are charged with 10 counts of badgering Massachusetts residents. Without proving any of this, I'm sentencing you to 17 days in jail and a year of probation." Don't get caught up in the word the author used. He got sentenced. Ergo, he was convicted.

And yes, the articles are poorly written. But you can't get jail-and-probation for something you aren't convicted of.

If you're not in jail, you should be able to carry a firearm. Period. I do not consider the MA charges at all valid or a reason to consider this guy a bad person. Everyone has the right to self defense whether you're a nice guy or an a**h***.

The only question should be what happened to cause the altercation. It was something. Very, very few homicides are without a cause. I.e. truly random. There was some circumstance that caused him to shoot the sheriff. What was it? Until we know that, I'm not mourning the officer or condemning the accused.
I can even mourn the officer without hating the accused. A person died. He was someone's son/brother/husband/father; these people loved him. As a human, he deserves a basic level of respect, and I can grant mourning for that.

Meanwhile, there was an altercation that lead to his death. Without more information, we have no idea if the accused 1) did it, 2) was justified. If the answer to the first is "no," we're hanging the wrong man. If the answer to both is "yes," it's the same. That means that in 1/4 possible options is he actually a bad guy deserving of scorn. Until we know what happened, it shouldn't be so hard to hang back and wait for more information.

Instead, we'll have our own #MeToo, and few will see the irony. It's all a bunch of ad hominem and other genetic fallacy - nothing more than "look how he was dressed."

Uhhh, no. There is a lot of cross-talk. No one is saying "the law sucks so he had a right to shoot the cop." Nah, brah. Law of the land is NO GUN LOADED IN YOUR TRUNK. That has no bearing on him getting bail for said offense or the Deputy doing whatever in lieu of the MA court date.

Sentence = sentence. You can't sentence someone on a charge. Keep reading. ;) "Mr. jpk, you are charged with 10 counts of badgering Massachusetts residents. Without proving any of this, I'm sentencing you to 17 days in jail and a year of probation." Don't get caught up in the word the author used. He got sentenced. Ergo, he was convicted.

And yes, the articles are poorly written. But you can't get jail-and-probation for something you aren't convicted of.
Devil's advocate here - is it possible that he got a CWOF for a term of 1 year's probation, and that he was jailed for 17 days over the course of the trial etc? Reporters are not experts in law, I could see that getting called a "sentence" by a lazy writer with insufficient understanding of the various ins and outs of the system...

Or perhaps before we start calling this guy a fallen hero and the guy they are ACCUSING of killing him a bad guy we get some actual info? We simply do not know anything, maybe the cop provoked the situation and caused this, maybe the guy just shot him down for no reason, maybe it isn't even the right guy. Overall No conclusion can be made, but some are so fast to jump to "Shitbag killed a cop, fry him" that they didn't even stop to think about anything else.

You or the news may have read/heard that incorrectly.

He's a Maine resident who got pulled over in mAss and CHARGED with possession without an FID......felony CHARGE under mAss retardo laws.....

Big difference between being CHARGED with felony and awaiting trial and having been CONVICTED of felony

You want to take another swing at the federally prohibited person thing, there, slugger?

That remains to be determined because it doesnt say what he was actually convicted of nor does it assert that he was a PP

Stubborn ain't ya.
Why does it matter what he was charged with? As I read it he was charged prior to felony burglary and that makes him a PP. Who cares what he stole.

I'm a betting man that says drugs of some sort were involved with the encounter. It would appear that Meth might be involved but who knows at the moment.
Felon with a gun as we all know is a no no. Burglary was more likely than not to buy drugs as well.

5'6 120, might be correct there.

Stubborn ain't ya.
Why does it matter what he was charged with? As I read it he was charged prior to felony burglary and that makes him a PP. Who cares what he stole.

So you see no difference between being charged and convicted? Perhaps the legal system does not allow for someone to plead to a lesser crime to avoid felony conviction when the prosecutor feels better about getting the win that they feel they might not get in a court?

This whole story has virtually no info, except trying to rile everyone up about how bad this guy is and how he (Allegedly) killed a cop. Maybe before you argue back and forth about whether he is a federal PP based on info that is non existent or perhaps even made up as filler you just wait a little bit until there is any real info. Of course, since he is accused of killing a cop we are unlikely to ever have any real info since he will probably not be taken alive, whether he surrenders or not.

I'm glad I was wrong about my other assumption. I just re-read everything and can see that wasn't the case.

I know several people in the Skow-town area and they all say the officer was a good guy. I'm coming down firmly on the side of the cop on this one.
Fact 1: the perp is a convicted felon.
Fact 2: he stole the cop's cruiser after the fact and then committed a robbery.
Fact 3: somebody's father, husband, son isn't coming home.
If it was an accident or somehow a justified self-defense shooting, he didn't stay to render assistance. He fled, committed another crime, and is now on the run. I don't need to wait and hear the exact circumstances of the initial altercation to know that this bushy-headed midgit should be put down.
The trouble he got into down in Mass is neither here nor there.

So you see no difference between being charged and convicted? Perhaps the legal system does not allow for someone to plead to a lesser crime to avoid felony conviction when the prosecutor feels better about getting the win that they feel they might not get in a court?

This whole story has virtually no info, except trying to rile everyone up about how bad this guy is and how he (Allegedly) killed a cop. Maybe before you argue back and forth about whether he is a federal PP based on info that is non existent or perhaps even made up as filler you just wait a little bit until there is any real info. Of course, since he is accused of killing a cop we are unlikely to ever have any real info since he will probably not be taken alive, whether he surrenders or not.

Well I guess we will all wait and see. It's not the first time Maine SP keeps their jaws closed over something like this until they find the guy. Last time was from a killing in Parkman last year. I have a friend who lives and works in the area and the drug problems are very real.

The circumstance might have been he just really didn't want to go to jail.

They keep a tally of how many people we lose in every war, is there a ticker for the war on drugs yet? The numbers must be astronomical, what a waste and a stupid pursuit for a "free country". Drugs are everywhere, billions of dollars wasted. Americans NEED to remove their noggins from their rectums on this.

I’m not sure what you are going on about by but what I read said he had a misdemeanor conviction for theft, a felony conviction for burglary, both in ME, and recently was charged with firearms violations in MA.

“In 2006, Williams was found guilty of a Class C felony burglary in Maine. He was ordered to serve 17 days in an unspecified correctional facility, be placed on probation for a year and required to pay $500 in restitution.

In June 2017, he allegedly committed a misdemeanor theft. He pleaded guilty the following month and served two days in jail and paid $200 in restitution”

Hopefully your light comes on.

"Now he's proven guilty until innocent." Yeaaa criminal charges im multiple states he's definitely a victim caught up in the mean cj system. Give me a break. He's scum and deserves what he dished out. Circumstances are trivial at this point. You don't have too many cop killers pulling the self defense card successfully. Next you'll be saying Assata Shakur is a hero.

The report was he was something like president of his high school class......
Oh, in Maine? That must have been a very high bar.

Oh sorry, that must have been like a very high bar (just wanted to sound more like a tenth grader).

Thanks

This is how the FBI describes Williams, in their reward ad:

"Williams is a 29-year-old male with blue eyes and brown hair. He is 5’6” in height and weighs approximately 120 pounds. He was last seen wearing a black beanie hat, a dark-colored zip-up jacket, gray pants, and tan boots. His last known address is 16 Jones Street in Madison, Maine, and he has ties to New Hampshire and Massachusetts. Williams has at least eight tattoos: the words “SEVEN ELEVEN” on his chest, below his collarbones; the abbreviation “est” in between his pectorals; the name “WILLIAMS” on his lower abdomen, above his navel; a half-sleeve on his left arm; the word “Semper” on his upper right arm; the word “Fidelis” on his upper left arm; a small safety selector symbol on the back of his left hand; and “Molon Labe” on his right forearm. According to records checks, Williams does not have any military experience."

Oh, in Maine? That must have been a very high bar.

Oh sorry, that must have been like a very high bar (just wanted to sound more like a tenth grader).

Thanks

The president of my senior class stole our senior class $ fund, so I'm not impressed with class presidents.

"Williams is a 29-year-old male with blue eyes and brown hair. He is 5’6” in height and weighs approximately 120 pounds. He was last seen wearing a black beanie hat, a dark-colored zip-up jacket, gray pants, and tan boots. His last known address is 16 Jones Street in Madison, Maine, and he has ties to New Hampshire and Massachusetts. Williams has at least eight tattoos: the words “SEVEN ELEVEN” on his chest, below his collarbones; the abbreviation “est” in between his pectorals; the name “WILLIAMS” on his lower abdomen, above his navel; a half-sleeve on his left arm; the word “Semper” on his upper right arm; the word “Fidelis” on his upper left arm; a small safety selector symbol on the back of his left hand; and “Molon Labe” on his right forearm. According to records checks, Williams does not have any military experience."

A wanna be Semper Fi tattoo. Freaking wonderful. Anybody have a K-Bar, tattoo removal tool available!

Wannabe Marine, assuming the report is correct.

Unreal.

A "Charge" is a formal accusation that is unproven

Not to be confused with a Conviction.

No conviction = no PP

This is whats totally retardo about the reporting

The bangor paper says he was "Charged" (accused) of a Felony

He was SENTENCED with 17? days in jail and 1 yr probation.

They totally fail to state what he was CONVICTED OF.......

Ding ding ding......the light come on yet?

Maine town ‘in state of shock’ as police hunt for man who shot sheriff’s deputy

You would make a great jail house lawyer. If he was charged and served time then that makes him guilty. No?

I don't GAF what he was convicted of. He was guilty. Period. End.

One does not need to be of brain surgery caliber to put together some brief criminal history, personal appearance, drugs and the fact that the Sheriff had him punched into the computer and dispatch just prior to being shot and killed.

I refuse to stand on a dead officers grave defending this obvious piece of shit. Your mileage may vary.

Because everywhere else is so much smarter.
Actually..... No.

You and I as well as a few others on here know the area and a lot more of the back stories. It's my regular travel route at least 2 weekends a month for the past 22 years and counting. There are many good people in the area surrounded by shit heads.

Back
Top Bottom