sheriff shot in maine

Just cop killers? If he had murdered the store clerk instead of the cop, would that have been better?

No, but cop killers should be executed in a more painful, drawn out way, because when you shoot a cop you're also shooting what he/she represents: society and the law.

And how about holding judges more accountable for their actions, like releasing obviously dangerous people who end up killing cops? Perhaps they can sit on the perp's lap when 'Ol Sparky gets fired up!

Drugs were legal until we declared a "War" on drugs.
The drug problem is a user problem.
You see, people here like to use them!

I put the blame on users as much as the dealers.

I also think it is an individual's right to put what ever it is they want in their own bodies.

Freedom is a dangerous thing.
But it is totally worth it!

I meant to say our laws state people that deal drugs are doing so against the law.
Now if they wanted to stop them they would leave them in jail longer or make it a capital punishment.

Now I think that drug laws are unconstitutional.
Freedom to put what I want inside me and the same for everyone else.

Drug dealers only fill a need that doctors can't lawfully.

The violence that comes with that whole scene I have a problem with as I do all violence towards innocent people!

wow. I guess there's one in every crowd.

One who speaks the truth? How is killing a cop worse than any other citizen? You are ascribing some magical importance to his job that isn't warranted. Kill someone who was not doing anything to deserve it and be punished, I don't give a shit what the guy who got killed did for a living.

Still zero info about why they were having an encounter.

The MA case is completely irrelevant beacause LTCs shouldnt exist.

Not defending this turd. But people here need to stop acting like douches because a guy is out on bail for something that shouldn't be a crime in the first place.

One who speaks the truth? How is killing a cop worse than any other citizen? You are ascribing some magical importance to his job that isn't warranted. Kill someone who was not doing anything to deserve it and be punished, I don't give a shit what the guy who got killed did for a living.

You should not assume anything as you've done here.

You should not assume anything as you've done here.

What am I wrong on? He states "Just cop killers? If he had murdered the store clerk instead of the cop, would that have been better?" answered with "wow. I guess there's one in every crowd." clearly a problem with his statement.

Not much to go on. He was arrested for having an unsecured loaded gun in his car. Given the feelings of folks regarding those from free states getting jammed up in NJ or NY, is that really a big deal???

I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop on this guy. Based on the MA stop and his non-existent criminal record, how can you ever expect to tell the BG from the GG. I have to believe something caused him to just snap. It's a Michael McDonald all over again. (That was his name, right? The guy that just went in one day and shot up his office??? That seems like forever ago.)

The articles are confusing. Nationwide hunt, but we've closed this area down b/c we believe he has no vehicle and is hiding in this specific area. Well, which is it? Should people in Oregon BOLO or not???? Did he have access to a transporter? Millennium Falcon? Anything that could explain a nationwide hunt hours after the incident?????

This is Michael McDonald...

The one you're thinking of is McDermott...

No license to carry, no bail until everything is sorted out. Cops arrest, judges release. RIP sir.
If I'm not mistaken Howie yesterday ran down a list of other scumbags this same judge has greatly reduced the bail for. And this isn't the first body to hit the deck because of it. DeVal Patrick appointee I believe, need I say more.

This is Michael McDonald...

The one you're thinking of is McDermott...

That's the ticket! It was a long time ago. Ikeep. Forgettin. I was surprised how fast it faded. The Left didn't have their ducks lined up. Thankfully.

Turns out on the late news, this guy is a CONVICTED FELON. WTF,O???? It's not just "well, he didn't have a MA license for these here guns secured in his trunk but loaded" but "a felon in possession of TWO loaded firearms." I've stood by the judge in this up until now because I know that somewhere, somehow, an innocent person would be kept locked up for no good reason if this was ALL he was guilty of.

How strange the papers didn't mention this. He had a "somewhat checkered past" but the WORST thing was the "stuck on the side of the road, high" problem last month???? Felony burglary seems pretty high on his WORST things list. ?????

I'm still waiting to hear what happened that actually caused a shooting to occur. While it seems like this guy is just a dirt bag, it is pure conjecture that he was acting maliciously with regards to the homicide. For all we know the sheriff had a hard on for harassing this guy and started the whole thing. There are ZERO facts anywhere in these reports about the incident.

It's pretty typical when the police don't give specifics about an encounter that they are hiding something. If the sheriff had stopped him for a legitimate reason it's pretty likely that reason would have been reported immediately.

If government wants to claim the moral high ground, they need to start interacting with the people in a forthright manner. Not in the current way they conduct themselves by withholding information.

You or the news may have read/heard that incorrectly.

He's a Maine resident who got pulled over in mAss and CHARGED with possession without an FID......felony CHARGE under mAss retardo laws.....

Big difference between being CHARGED with felony and awaiting trial and having been CONVICTED of felony

Convicted of Miss Demeanor's burglary and Felony Burglary in Maine. 05 and 07 or something like that. Not REAL recent, but Felony + Gun = BIG ASS PROBLEM.

I can't see how free men on this board have a HUGE problem with a man from another state having a gun in their car. It seems we are getting as paranoid as the anti's on this. I'm all for following the laws, but I think we are in a super-majority that an out-of-stater carrying (well, in this case, trunking a loaded gun) a gun shouldn't have the book thrown at them regardless of what the MGL's state.

https://bangordailynews.com/2018/04/25/news/state/sheriffs-deputy-shot-killed-in-norridgewock/

Arrested on the 22nd. Didn't post bail SAME DAMNED DAY. He posted on the 31st. Seems like, outside of the judge allowing such a low bail for a FELON IN POSSESSION OF A GUN, everything was done by the book. Felony burgled in 07.

It is scary how a bunch of gun owners who want justice and such are jumping on non-facts and just screaming their feelings. :( Are we that different than the libs???????

I'm still waiting to hear what happened that actually caused a shooting to occur. While it seems like this guy is just a dirt bag, it is pure conjecture that he was acting maliciously with regards to the homicide. For all we know the sheriff had a hard on for harassing this guy and started the whole thing. There are ZERO facts anywhere in these reports about the incident.

It's pretty typical when the police don't give specifics about an encounter that they are hiding something. If the sheriff had stopped him for a legitimate reason it's pretty likely that reason would have been reported immediately.

If government wants to claim the moral high ground, they need to start interacting with the people in a forthright manner. Not in the current way they conduct themselves by withholding information.

This cannot be reiterated enough times.....

Like the stop for Carl Drega for too much rust on his pickup truck.
Seems like this guy is on the Meth-wagon (based on appearance) and the priors should have had him held at least for awhile.

With that said, you know when one of us get stopped coming from the gun range, we are going to be put in lockup for about 3 days until 'it gets sorted out', and with a lot of luck, our collections won't be in a bonded warehouse before the sun sets on day 1.

If you're not in jail, you should be able to carry a firearm. Period. I do not consider the MA charges at all valid or a reason to consider this guy a bad person. Everyone has the right to self defense whether you're a nice guy or an a**h***.

The only question should be what happened to cause the altercation. It was something. Very, very few homicides are without a cause. I.e. truly random. There was some circumstance that caused him to shoot the sheriff. What was it? Until we know that, I'm not mourning the officer or condemning the accused.

I'm a betting man that says drugs of some sort were involved with the encounter. It would appear that Meth might be involved but who knows at the moment.
Felon with a gun as we all know is a no no. Burglary was more likely than not to buy drugs as well.

Like the stop for Carl Drega for too much rust on his pickup truck.
Seems like this guy is on the Meth-wagon (based on appearance) and the priors should have had him held at least for awhile.

With that said, you know when one of us get stopped coming from the gun range, we are going to be put in lockup for about 3 days until 'it gets sorted out', and with a lot of luck, our collections won't be in a bonded warehouse before the sun sets on day 1.

AMEN!

Articles are poorly written but again, what he was CHARGED with and what he was CONVICTED of are two very different things.

Re-read the article......people dont get convicted of felonies and get probation/community service......unless you live in baltimore

It SAYS sentenced. And it wasn't the only place I saw it. 17 days and probation seems light to me as well. But assuming he was convicted, it should have shown up and the judge should have taken it more seriously.

OR

It wasn't a sentence like the article said and the judge did what we'd expect any reasonable judge to do.

You may want to consider doubling up on the tin foil

I'm reading an awful lot of statements here that are basically saying "the laws are not what we want them to be, so if this cop was enforcing them, this felon/burgler could very well have been justified in killing him".
Our do I have that wrong?

Nah, sounds like to me that some people here want more information about the context of the altercation, etc. I think those are pretty legit questions to ask, but all the media/state/etc seems to be saying is "guy with a badge died, this random shitbag did it, no further details". That really gives people a lot to go on.... It's the police shooting death version of "If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college."

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom