sheriff shot in maine

Talking with an off duty friend today there is a lot of questions. The silence of MSP, PSO, MWS, and many others was most likely planned. Too much info only helps the huntee.

Agreed. It may hurt some feelings along the way from the people around it, understandably they want answers, but it is what it is when you’re trying to find an alleged killer. Loose lips sink ships.

Last edited:
Agreed. It may hurt some feelings along the way from the people around it, understandably they want answers, but it is what it is when you’re trying to find an alleged killer. Loose lips sink ships.
What I found kinda shocking was the brother of the PCS saying he forgave the suspect.
Might be a clue if the type of guy the family he was raised on. If somebody killed one of my family I’d want instant justice.
One other thing was how did the initial interaction start? The woman finding the Sheriff in her yard in the morning was involved with the suspect. She says no shots were heard in the yard. How does that work? There was a +/- 6 hour lag.
There was also HD quality video from the truck.

Unlike down in Mass maybe these guys don’t swamp feed the media with tapes.

I hope the prick dies before his next birthday no matter what.

Call me crazy, I’m happy they rounded him up, but my first thought when I saw that photo of them holding his head up with a fistful of hair and the busted eye didn’t strike me well. Pictures and cameras will always bite you on the ass if you’re not doing the right thing.

It’s not needed, he’s not OBL and those shots aren’t needed for positive ID halfway across the world.

He’ll stand trial, and even charged with killing a cop should be treated as a citizen until he’s proven guilty or not.

Why do anything like that at this point to give the defense attorney something to hold over their heads.

Make the goddamned arrest, be professional about it and get back to work. It’s just another day at work except the nation is watching.

Ahhh. A little love tap under his left eye isn't going to bother a jury. It's for the kids.

What I found kinda shocking was the brother of the PCS saying he forgave the suspect.
Might be a clue if the type of guy the family he was raised on. If somebody killed one of my family I’d want instant justice.
I think Cpl Cole's brother is a minister, so that might factor into his forgiveness.

Call me crazy, I’m happy they rounded him up, but my first thought when I saw that photo of them holding his head up with a fistful of hair and the busted eye didn’t strike me well. Pictures and cameras will always bite you on the ass if you’re not doing the right thing.

It’s not needed, he’s not OBL and those shots aren’t needed for positive ID halfway across the world.

He’ll stand trial, and even charged with killing a cop should be treated as a citizen until he’s proven guilty or not.

Why do anything like that at this point to give the defense attorney something to hold over their heads.

Make the goddamned arrest, be professional about it and get back to work. It’s just another day at work except the nation is watching.

Ok im going with your Crazy....[party]

Me I’m going with one to the back of the head, would have ended a lot of unnecessary expense and heart ach for the murdered sheriffs family having to sit through a trial for this little scum bag.

Opinions may vary.[coffee]

Last edited:
According to his wanted poster, his tattoos include "Molon Labe" and also "Semper Fidelis". I wonder if he ever served.
Per earlier reports, he never served.

"Williams is a 29-year-old male with blue eyes and brown hair. He is 5’6” in height and weighs approximately 120 pounds. He was last seen wearing a black beanie hat, a dark-colored zip-up jacket, gray pants, and tan boots. His last known address is 16 Jones Street in Madison, Maine, and he has ties to New Hampshire and Massachusetts. Williams has at least eight tattoos: the words “SEVEN ELEVEN” on his chest, below his collarbones; the abbreviation “est” in between his pectorals; the name “WILLIAMS” on his lower abdomen, above his navel; a half-sleeve on his left arm; the word “Semper” on his upper right arm; the word “Fidelis” on his upper left arm; a small safety selector symbol on the back of his left hand; and “Molon Labe” on his right forearm. According to records checks, Williams does not have any military experience."

What does "seven eleven" signify?
A drug thing?
His street name?
Maybe a simple appreciation for his neighborhood convenience store?

JD Williams: tough guy no more . . .

4BA8CCD900000578-5669629-John_Williams_is_suspected_of_fatally_shooting_a_sheriff_s_deput-a-57_1524950710912.jpg

Looks like a hunter taking a picture with his trophy kill....

Some more detail......
{link deleted}

Actually, this one is better
{link deleted}
Thanks for that info. Prior to this, I hadn't heard about the suspect having body armor. Some of this news will help when the "we need more gun control" letters to the editor start.

Seriously. Are two year olds now editors at newspapers?

Sounds like the officer saw something, then went back to investigate?

That 1st link was almost unreadable. Way too many pronouns to follow.

I also find it funny that all week I was picturing this crazy robbery at the store. Actual details : guy walks in, grabs butts, walks out.

There's actually a "justice for john" facebook page.

I don't think they're getting the comments they expected.

As someone who knew and worked with Cole, that page is a slap in the face. I hope the killer's family finds some peace, but their kid had turned into a monster of the worst order. There's very few actual cold blooded killers in society, this guy is one of them.

I’ll get bashed but the fact of keeping flapping jaws shut from both the LEO’s who in turn couldn’t turn this into a Media circus worked out well. Looks like the lack of leaking intel is a good thing. They were tracking this POS the whole time.

Having an area full of armed homeowners (even low density) obviously helped keep the scum hunkered down. This part will be left out of the lefts agenda and that sucks. This punk knew he was a dead man at every turn.

It good to hear there are so many supporters of due process chiming in.....just remember that little ditty about the goose and gander.

In fact it reminds me of a story out of the history books about Adams defending a bunch of british soldiers.....

I'm sure there is a point you are trying to make....o_O

Is that supposed to be an inspiring substitute for due process?

Due process is in the works. Being held without bail under maximum security. He hasn't been found guilty yet but his own statements said he did it. Are you glad your tax dollars will be spent on his defense? Strike that, I'm guessing you don't pay Maine taxes. He needs a .50 JHP pill.

Due process is in the works. Being held without bail under maximum security. He hasn't been found guilty yet but his own statements said he did it. Are you glad your tax dollars will be spent on his defense? Strike that, I'm guessing you don't pay Maine taxes. He needs a .50 JHP pill.

Yes, because due process is generally a "good thing" and the fact that someone gets treated fairly before trial is a right that is at least (supposed to) protect
everyone.

Would I lose sleep if this guy put up fight and got his lead deficiency addressed? No. At the same token though we shouldn't have a precedent where a police force is basically just performing summary execution of suspects.

-Mike

No, I dont live in Maine but I am a supporter of the US Constitution and due process outlined therein....stuff reiterated in Art 6.,7,10 etc of the Maine constitution.....

Funny how this guy is being treated differently than other accused murderers eh?

Like I said before.....when was the last time there was a "Man hunt" in Maine for a murderer?.....crickets.......

Likewise wrt this guys treatment post arrest no doubt.....pics and other reports all support it

Actually last year in Parkman was a full scale manhunt. Troopers everywhere. I can't believe the guy survived with all the bugs. I think prior to that was in Dexter but don't quote me.

Yes, because due process is generally a "good thing" and the fact that someone gets treated fairly before trial is a right that is at least (supposed to) protect
everyone.

Would I lose sleep if this guy put up fight and got his lead deficiency addressed? No. At the same token though we shouldn't have a precedent where a police force is basically just performing summary execution of suspects.

-Mike
However he wasn't beaten to within a hair of his life and the only execution appears to be the one shit head conducted on the SCS.

With a murder rate hovering around 1.7/100k.....well you do the math....
Not getting your point. You referenced lack of man hunts and I proved you wrong.

Adding more shit into the post does not change the fact that man hunts have been done in recent history.

Perhaps you are trolling or stirring. Not sure of which and frankly it don’t f***ing matter. Shit head is in jail and most don’t care if he lives to see July 4th.

I know my taxes paid to the state could be put to better use.

Not getting your point. You referenced lack of man hunts and I proved you wrong.

Adding more shit into the post does not change the fact that man hunts have been done in recent history.

Perhaps you are trolling or stirring. Not sure of which and frankly it don’t f***ing matter. Shit head is in jail and most don’t care if he lives to see July 4th.

I know my taxes paid to the state could be put to better use.
Some guys just have to jump into every thread and remind all of us how much they believe in the constitution. These are the same guys that always say "If it were MY kid/dog/wife/mother, he would never see the inside of a courtroom!" (add "hur durs" as needed)

Back
Top Bottom