Shaving carry handle off AR

Anyone seen it done? Shaved carry handle off AR style uppers then attach a rail on the flat part? Just a thought to try. Looked it up only found two flat top for a AR10 costly.

Seen a thread somewhere that detailed doing this. You would need a mill and a lot of skill for this to work. Why not spend $100 on a railed upper and transfer the rest of the parts. Chances are someone here could help or maybe send it to Remsport.

Yes, before flat tops were available from the factory, it was what builders did. I have one with a weaver rail attached with small socket head cap screws. It was fairly common.

B

buy a railed upper and swap parts.

hacking up a carry handle upper is like grinding a framing hammer to make a ball peen hammer or sporterizing a milsurp. your going to end up with a sub par rifle and alot of regret

Looks like they're under $150, which I'm guessing you could get for an intact A2 AR-10 upper without much trouble. I'm also for swapping.

Anyone seen it done? Shaved carry handle off AR style uppers then attach a rail on the flat part? Just a thought to try. Looked it up only found two flat top for a AR10 costly.

This has been done in the past prior to the introduction of the flat top upper. Probably cheaper and more effective to buy a flat top.

Contact us at Remsport We have stripped uppers w/o bolt assist and dust covers for $95.00. This way you can swap your parts. Or we have the stripped upper with assist amd dust cover installed for $120.00.
This is a better option then hacking up an a2 upper or is it an a1 upper? Contact us we may even come up with some sort of trade.
John
413 579 1994

Back
Top Bottom