serial #'s on casings to match the bullets

I see by GOAL"s monthly newsletter, that some "crackpot" legislater from Marblehead has introduced a bill in the state legislature that would require all ammunition sold in Massachusettsbe be fitted with serial numbers. Both on the casing and matched number on the projectile. He claims it would aid to authorities invvestigating shooting crimes. I think his mother must have dropped him on his head too many times as a baby.[rofl]

Yes...the numbers on the casing needs to match a number on the projectile because cops are too stupid to make the determination that the .45 ball round in the scumbag's chest might have come from the spent casing on the ground near the body. And it is clear for one to see how this could help as the streets are littered with brass that people are just kicking all over the place (well maybe in Dorchester....lol). So I can see how it would help.

I see by GOAL"s monthly newsletter, that some "crackpot" legislater from Marblehead has introduced a bill in the state legislature that would require all ammunition sold in Massachusettsbe be fitted with serial numbers. Both on the casing and matched number on the projectile. He claims it would aid to authorities invvestigating shooting crimes. I think his mother must have dropped him on his head too many times as a baby.[rofl]

Ammunition Registration

An Act Providing For The Coding Of Ammunition

A manufacturer shall encode ammunition provided for retail sale for regulated firearms in a manner that the secretary establishes, so that:

1) The base of the bullet and the inside of the cartridge of each round in a box of ammunition are encoded with the same serial number;

2) Each serial number is engraved in such a manner that it is highly likely to permit identification after ammunition discharge and bullet impact, and

3) The outside of each box of ammunition is labeled with the name of the manufacturer and the same serial number used on the cartridge casings and bases of bullets contained in the box.

Ammunition contained in one box may not be labeled with the same serial number as the ammunition contained in any other ammunition box from the same manufacturer.

An owner of ammunition for use in a regulated firearm that is not encoded by the manufacturer as provided above shall dispose of the ammunition.

Is this thing up for any real consideration? Seems like little is being covered on this, and that's never good. Slip this bill under the radar and we are all screwed.

""An owner of ammunition for use in a regulated firearm that is not encoded by the manufacturer as provided above shall dispose of the ammunition"".

[rofl][rofl][laugh2][laugh2][rolleyes].....Dear legislator, don't hold your breath waiting.

I just read about this in the Outdoor Message and did a search to see if it had been previously discussed. It has.
What manufacturer wants to go to the bother of encoding the casing and the bullet? At what point in the manufacturing line would the encoding take place-just before assembly?
I guess the recycling of used brass for re-loads would automatically be outlawed as well.
I'm surprised this came from the Marbleheaded representative rather than a Boston area stone faced,rock headed rep. This is an unveiled attempt to stop the sale of ammunition in Massachusetts all together. Pardon me folks, but I'm annoyed by this proposal.
Best Regards.

I wanna know if the cops would have to abide by this too.

"Clever" way of the outright "banning" of firearms in MA. No one cares about us, no one would bother manufacturing compliant rounds and bam - no more law-abiding shooters. Not that criminals would ever care of course.

Dope

wow

wow...another dumb idea...

whos to say a criminal dosnt just file it off...and what about reloads? a new casing, a new bullet.....
or the criminal just picks up the brass...leaving even less for the investagation, no balistic figerprinting on the primer or ejector etc...

government is so smart....

revolvers

Lets see, semi autos drop brass, of course the criminals switch
to revolvers.

Secondly, no manufacturer of ammo is gonna comply with
only one states laws. So basically this fool of a legislator
is trying to prevent the sale of ammo here.

JimB

sneaky...

those sneaky bastards, slowwwwwwly limiting the laws until complete banning. dont they realize that criminals arent going to gun shops with their LTC AND FID CARDS?! and buying guns to commit crimes with?? i mean seriouslly look at some statistics... [sad2] i get all worked up thinking about how stupid they can be sometimes thinking "well if we ban guns so law abiding people cant own them then thats sure to stop CRIMINALS using them, cause if guns are banned, CRIMINALS wont use them because that would be against the law...[thinking] wait a minuite, DEFINITION OF CRIMINAL!?

idk if anyone has seen this http://www.roughwheelers.com/montego/gun_cam.html
I found it on FSGUNS.com aka four seasons website.

Back
Top Bottom