Serial Number Issue

I would check with BATFE. I seem to recall that they at some time in the distant past addressed this issue, but I don't recall what their answer was.
There is a way to get approval (not sure what they call it) to re-engrave the same serial number on a different portion of a gun. This was necessary for some custom handguns where the holes for the scope mount obliterated the original number.

I would check with BATFE. I seem to recall that they at some time in the distant past addressed this issue, but I don't recall what their answer was.

Poking around online a little you have some people suggesting going down the BATFE rabbit hole, and others saying the manufacturer would be able to do it. I called the manufacturer today but the CS guy I talked to said they wouldn't do it and I didn't press the issue.

Sent 3 Glocks back 2 years ago, all came back with new Gen 3 frames and a later stating that the old frames were destroyed per BATF regulations and all new frames had serial starting the the letter G. I was told that the letter would suffice and no further action was needed on my part. Letter is safely put away and I've done nothing further.

Sent 3 Glocks back 2 years ago, all came back with new Gen 3 frames and a later stating that the old frames were destroyed per BATF regulations and all new frames had serial starting the the letter G. I was told that the letter would suffice and no further action was needed on my part. Letter is safely put away and I've done nothing further.
Glock was correct from a federal perspective.

Under MA law you were required to file an FA10/eFA10.

The single letter "G" prefix indicate the frame was manufactured for replacement/repair use.

Bought a 1776 Angry Patriot SOLGW Lower. Can't find the paperwork with the serial number and can't find it anywhere on the lower. It can't be the number after the 1776 right? I thought it had to have a letter at the beginning. Am I missing something or am I just stupid?

Bought a 1776 Angry Patriot SOLGW Lower. Can't find the paperwork with the serial number and can't find it anywhere on the lower. It can't be the number after the 1776 right? I thought it had to have a letter at the beginning. Am I missing something or am I just stupid?
Hate to say it, but it’s the number after the 1776, including the 1776.

Should be 1776-xxxxxx

Hate to say it, but it’s the number after the 1776, including the 1776.

Should be 1776-xxxxxx
Thank you!! Appreciate you being nice about it. I deserve to be made fun of for that. In my mind I was like, "No way... can't be... How can every serial number they have begin with 1776?"

Back
Top Bottom