Sending Ammo to a PO Box in Rhode Island

I wanted to know if it is legal or possible to have ammo sent to a PO Box or equivalent in Rhode Island? Any advice on the matter. It seems all the greatest deals on ammo are found online, and unfortunately its been impossible to find a dealer that will mail ammo to MA.

Ammo can't be sent throught the mail. (bullets and cases are OK)
Most of the outfits will still not ship if the CC billing address is in MA.

Hmm...Well then the Million dollar question is where can I purchase bulk ammo at a reasonable price? I understand ammo prices are rising, so I want to get my hands on as much now as I can afford.

It IS legal to get ammo shipped into MA. Many ammo dealers CHOOSE not to out of fear and laziness because of fraudulent prosecutions and blackmail by the previous MA AG. I've not tried it out yet, but I have been told on NES that there are dealers who will ship to MA and that if you ask nicely someone may PM you their list. I don't know which dealers might ship to a out-of-state P.O. box which is different from a MA billing address; some might, I can imagine some will not.

Good luck

Update: Changed "mailed to "shipped". Ammo can be shipped, but not mailed via the USPS. Don't know whether any of the shipping companies (ex. UPS, FedEx) ship to a P.O. Thanks Rob for the correction; I knew it, but was sloppy on the english.

Last edited:
Good luck getting anything sent to a P.O. Box, if it was that easy we would all have one in NH or CT. There are companies that will still send to MA but there are not a lot of deals out there once you factor in shipping and hazardous material charges. If you do find a good source DO NOT POST ONLINE.

From my years of experience buying ammo, it must be signed for by an adult, so a PO box won't suffice.

It also must ship via comon carrier ie: UPS, Fedex ect and they don't deliver to PO boxes.

How about a "mail drop", like at a UPS store?
Mailbox Services
When you use mailbox services at The UPS Store, you get convenience, professionalism and other services to help run your business (or your personal life) more efficiently.

Discover the benefits of mailbox services at The UPS Store:

A real street address, not a P.O. Box
A street address can provide a professional image for your business.
Secure, 24-hour access*
Pick up your mail when it’s convenient for you. Your mail and packages stay-safe and confidential.
Package notification
We’ll let you know when your packages arrive.
Full-service mail and package receiving
We accept packages from all carriers, so you’ll never miss a delivery.
Mail holding and forwarding**
We’ll hold your packages in a secure location for pick-up at your convenience or forward them to you, wherever you are.
http://www.theupsstore.com/products/maiandpos.html

Funny I had a box that somehow had ammo shipped in it. I was reusing the box with something totally unrelated and didn't notice the sticker that identified it as having ammunition in it. The USPostal worker told me it had to go ground because it had ammo in it. I said it didn't and she showed me the sticker I had left on the box by mistake. She crossed it out and proceeded.

It is perfectly legal to ship ammo via USPS as long as it is disclosed and goes by ground delivery.

I don't know if she was right or wrong but that is what she said!

As far as getting it shipped to a POBox...highly unlikely.

Incorrect.

Hey I'm just telling you what a postal worker told me last week. I didn't think she was correct but since I have no intention of sending any ammo away (I want it sent to me) I didn't argue, just told her it contained no ammo and mailed my parcel.

By the way...I typed USPS (United States Postal Service) not USPSA (U.S.Practical Shooting Assoc.).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom