selling crossbow?? license/ legal issues??

seanc

NES Member
Hi All, Just a quick, possibly dumb, question.
I am selling a crossbow. Are there any license/ legal issues I need to worry about? In Mass, potential buyers are Mass, CT and RI?
Am I ok just selling to anybody (presumably over 18)?
Thanks!

Archery equipment (crossbows included) does not require a license to purchase, sell, transport or possess. Even a convicted felon can own it. In MA, in order to hunt with one, you need a special permit from MassWildlife and these permits are only issued to handicapped hunters who cannot use a regular longbow or compound bow. There are no age limits for possessing one either, but use your head and don't sell to a minor (under 18). If the kid gets hurt or hurts someone else, you could be sued.

Archery equipment (crossbows included) does not require a license to purchase, sell, transport or possess. Even a convicted felon can own it. In MA, in order to hunt with one, you need a special permit from MassWildlife and these permits are only issued to handicapped hunters who cannot use a regular longbow or compound bow. There are no age limits for possessing one either, but use your head and don't sell to a minor (under 18). If the kid gets hurt or hurts someone else, you could be sued.

Rf. That was my initial thought. But, it honestly seemed to make way too much sense. Then I started to realize where we were and figured I should ask to get a second opinion.
Thanks!

I do know that Cheryl Jacques did try to ban crossbows completely. A perfunctory search of the MGL did not get a hit on a ban, so I guess she was unsuccessful in that try.

I do know that Cheryl Jacques did try to ban crossbows completely. A perfunctory search of the MGL did not get a hit on a ban, so I guess she was unsuccessful in that try.
There was one highly publicized case here in MA where a wanted man (some type of non-gun-related violence charge) was arrested with several crossbows in the trunk of his car. Naturally, Cheryl Jacques, being the doting nanny over us helpless "sheeple", decided to try to ban crossbows to make our utopian society even safer. Her efforts went nowhere, but she did do us irreparable damage with her brainchild Chapter 180.

Back
Top Bottom