Self defense sense... you are carrying and...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are all a bunch of sally's. I would Marion Cobretti it the **** up in that store.

[video=youtube_share;G5fUOxPyt5U]http://youtu.be/G5fUOxPyt5U[/video]

There are LOTS of really good books on this subject.... It has been debated, hyper-analyzed, then debated some more ad-nauseam. If your rational on pulling your weapon involves how much money could possibly be in the drawer at the convenience store being held up? Or what are the odds of a clerk actually being shot by a criminal/robber? You SHOULD NOT be carrying IMO. Your sidearm is for protecting life and life only. These other thoughts should not even enter your head. Yes protecting the lives of yourself and your family take priority but that is not the absolute limit in which you can use deadly force in most states, including MA. It's always a judgement call and your judgment is enhanced/strengthened through education and experience. If you are not prepared to make that call on the spot, don't put yourself in a situation where one is required. Otherwise the odds of you avoiding jail time or much worse are grossly not in your favor...

Don't mean to be a buzz-kill here because the video clips are awesome[rofl]

take cover and start firing in his direction, i believe that the odds are very much on your side that he will turn tail and run. if he advances toward you, well you find out what kind of metal you are made of.

I carry around bluetooth speakers with me... so while the thief is distracted, I would place this on the display playing this song at maximum volume.

As soon as the would be armed robber hears it he will go "WHAT THE **** IS THAT??? MAKE IT STOP!!!!" and as he is distracted by the source of the sound,, I will then execute a commando roll to the right behind an end display of twinkies while simultaneously drawing my Glock carried IWB, culminated by bouncing up at the end into a spring jump thing, taking aim and delivering a perfectly timed Mozambique drill into the BG while he is mesmerized by the effects of french rap music.

-Mike
try this one, skip to 0:16, his head would explode.

Last edited by a moderator:

If this video had aisles of snacks and convenience items, it would be an accurate representation of how I would roll.

in their little balet the guy in the black shirt fully sweeps his partner at 1:11.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are LOTS of really good books on this subject.... It has been debated, hyper-analyzed, then debated some more ad-nauseam. If your rational on pulling your weapon involves how much money could possibly be in the drawer at the convenience store being held up? Or what are the odds of a clerk actually being shot by a criminal/robber? You SHOULD NOT be carrying IMO. Your sidearm is for protecting life and life only. These other thoughts should not even enter your head. Yes protecting the lives of yourself and your family take priority but that is not the absolute limit in which you can use deadly force in most states, including MA. It's always a judgement call and your judgment is enhanced/strengthened through education and experience. If you are not prepared to make that call on the spot, don't put yourself in a situation where one is required. Otherwise the odds of you avoiding jail time or much worse are grossly not in your favor...

Don't mean to be a buzz-kill here because the video clips are awesome[rofl]

Most sensible post in the thread!

... If one can't afford to hire a lawyer after a shoot, then, while one certainly has the right to carry, one might want to reconsider if they ought to....

So the law is set up such that only the rich can afford to exercise their rights...

... The situation changes if mbullism's imaginary lady at the gas pump is the backstop, or there's not a clear shot at the BG. In the OP, the picture is presented as we have a good clean shot at a BG pointing a gun in someone's face and MGL's stating you can use deadly force to protect yourself or others when faced with death or grave bodily harm. This, without all the other imagined variables is a good shoot IMO....ETA: this is why these threads are so gay. We all acklowledge from the outset that there are tons of variables IRL and that we're going to discuss based on just what's in the OP...then a few pages in you've got mbullism's imaginary crippled clerks and gas pump lady backstops.

I'd offer my imaginary scenario is closer to reality than you'll admit...the reality of things is that while you may have an "good clean shot" at the BG in the situation demanding your total focus, life goes on all around you. There will be an infinite number of variables beyond your knowledge and your control, and Murphy around every corner.

Will just have to agree to disagree.

Doesn't mean I can't grab a bag of chips.

I got my B.S. in Tacticals from a reputable online Special Forces degree program. Opinion =Validated

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
You got me there. Please, teach me, master Yoda. Let me partake in your knowledge of the tactical roll, your profound and quintessential insight of tactical chips bag opening, and your deep wisdom when it comes it picking out the right battle iPad. I know I'm not worthy, but I'm sure I can live up to your expectations. Your will, my hands, master.

You got me there. Please, teach me, master Yoda. Let me partake in your knowledge of the tactical roll, your profound and quintessential insight of tactical chips bag opening, and your deep wisdom when it comes it picking out the right battle iPad. I know I'm not worthy, but I'm sure I can live up to your expectations. Your will, my hands, master.

Ok padawan. We'll start our training on Xbox live tomorrow. :)

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

from what I read while back in some "jury duty pamphlet for self-defense cases" for MA, they considered it self-defense if protected youself or coming to the aid of another who is in imminent danger of great bodily harm. However, they heavily stress the "duty to retreat" and "reasonable means" bullsh**. In this scenario, I would say the store owner can't retreat and defending him is warranted. However, if some lawyer manages to convince a jury that lethal force was "excessive", i'm guessing your going to jail.

like Mike said, I carry a gun to protect myself and my family, not play cop or "sheepdog". At least not in MA. Is possibly saving a store clerk's life worth me losing my license, all my guns, being put in jail for years and depriving my family of the "head of household"? Now my family has to figure out how they are going to get by while I'm in jail?

I'm taking cover, drawing and waiting.

I was responding to BattleSnail's belittling those of us who do not underestimate the likely consequences of taking action on someone's behalf in MA. The moral of the story is that someone can ask you for help. You can provide them with help as they request it. You can consult an attorney and act in good faith. And still get sued. The other moral of the story is that 'winning' in this context means losing almost everything you have while the person suing you concedes that they were lying.

If you shoot someone, and you think that you won't get sued, you are probably high. Someone will sue you. It will cost you money. It will cost you stress and quality of life. Even if you go free, you will be affected, and not in a good way.

this!!! seriously, there have been at least 3 cases in the past month of a robber, burglar, etc. getting wasted and the sh**bag's family suing the shooter, "he was a good boy, he was turning his life around Mr. Jim Innocent should have just run away, etc. " .... sure, you'll win the lawsuit, but who has that kind of money just laying around to hire a lawyer?

can we please stArt with the lesson on how to wave a white flag properly? I'm French, and basically it is all I really need.

I suspect that you are the LAST person waving a white flag in battle, or a convience store robbery. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom