Seecamp vs NAA 32ACP. Any 1st hand experience? How do they compare?

Mikie

NES Member
Been seeing these posted for sale. Anyone have any direct experience on how they compare? Reliability, accuracy?

Thanks,

MikeL

The reason I'm asking is I am considering a mouse gun purchase for when no other gun can be carried. Seecamps are legal in MA. I'm not sure about NAA. They look very similar.

No NAAs are on the roster. (Doesn't mean you can't find one if you are willing to look hard enough, though. )

That said I would never buy another seecamp. The manual of arms sucks. I don't like guns that require having a mag inserted into the gun to fire.... not to mention, you can't pull the slide back without a magazine partially inserted in the gun, either.

IMHO you are better off trying to find like a Ruger LCP or something like that. At least get up to .380.

-Mike

No NAAs are on the roster. (Doesn't mean you can't find one if you are willing to look hard enough, though. )

That said I would never buy another seecamp. The manual of arms sucks. I don't like guns that require having a mag inserted into the gun to fire.... not to mention, you can't pull the slide back without a magazine partially inserted in the gun, either.
Neither of those are an issue with an NAA. And I might be putting my NAA up for sale soon -- it's a safe queen.

I have the Seecamp, never shot a NAA. My Seecamp is a great gun, shot it today. Never a problem at 25 feet my target is dead. Check out the Seecamp forum and website.
Larry Seecamp is on there, if you have a problem he will make it right. Just my experience this gun is very concealable and accurate for a small gun and 100% reliable.

unless you have your mind set on either an naa or a seecamp. I would urge you to really look at keltec and ruger. after having naa/seecamp/tomcat and keltec p32. the p32 was the only one I kept.

-Mike

I wasn't real happy with that feature either when I got my Seecamp. Mike, I'm sure you're aware of this, but for anyone who's never had a Seecamp, there's a pretty easy way around this. Behind the trigger is a release. Put your index finger behind the trigger and depress it until the trigger can be pulled slightly (25% of the full pull) with your other index finger, and the slide comes right back. It takes some practice. It's a pretty heavy trigger so as long as you're careful you should be fine. I've unloaded mine every night for a few years this way. I like my Seecamp a lot. I don't fire it enough but I'm proficient from 10 to 15 feet. For what it is, a backup, it's a solid, well built piece of equipment. I've never fired a NAA so I can't compare.

Attachments

• seecamp2.jpg
    seecamp2.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 26
  • seecamp4.jpg
    seecamp4.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 29
  • seecamp3.jpg
    seecamp3.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 28
  • seecamp5.JPG
    seecamp5.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 22
  • seecamp G21 Comparison.jpg
    seecamp G21 Comparison.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
The Guardian weighs more, frankly its too heavy for a pocket gun. The Seecamp is a great gun that will conceal very easy. Like most, I have full size 40's, compact 9's, and snubnose .38's. The Seecamp gets carried the most. If your considering a mousegun it's probably because you feel you need something more concealable. Go with the .32. Their is little real world difference between .32 and .380, but the .32 is easy to shoot fast and keep on target. My opinion is just my opinion, just like the others have their opinion. If you think a mousegun is for you, the Seecamp is a good choice.

The Seecamp is a little gem. Really beautifully made. One of my favorites. Superbly reliable, too. I don't care about the manual of arms; mine stays loaded all the time.

The Guardian weighs more, frankly its too heavy for a pocket gun. The Seecamp is a great gun that will conceal very easy. Like most, I have full size 40's, compact 9's, and snubnose .38's. The Seecamp gets carried the most. If your considering a mousegun it's probably because you feel you need something more concealable. Go with the .32. Their is little real world difference between .32 and .380, but the .32 is easy to shoot fast and keep on target. My opinion is just my opinion, just like the others have their opinion. If you think a mousegun is for you, the Seecamp is a good choice.

I never perceived any appreciable difference in weight, size or carry-ability between the NAA and seecamp.

I wasn't real happy with that feature either when I got my Seecamp. Mike, I'm sure you're aware of this, but for anyone who's never had a Seecamp, there's a pretty easy way around this. Behind the trigger is a release..

Hmm, when I had mine I never really noticed that.

Thanks for the info, but mine is long gone and it's never coming back. [laugh] Hopefully your post will help someone who still has one of these things.

The Seecamp is a little gem. Really beautifully made. One of my favorites. Superbly reliable, too. I don't care about the manual of arms; mine stays loaded all the time.

Mine wasn't reliable, at least not without a death grip on the gun. When I say death grip, I mean it, too... if your hand wasn't in pain from gripping it, the gun would jam.

In fairness, I was having these issues right before the time where Seecamp started pushing people away from the Win Silvertip load, so there may have been some quality issues with the ammunition at the time which influenced its lack of reliability. Because this gun only eats .32 JHPs, this makes tinkering with different kinds of ammo an expensive proposition, which is why I didn't bother trying different brands of ammo with it.

The problem with the manual of arms is that it contradicts accepted semiautomatic pistol safety doctrine. Most semis you can hand them to anyone with basic handgun knowledge and they can unload it safely. The seecamp however, goes full retard in this regard. This is a gun where if you don't read the manual before touching it, the gun will punish you as a result, and you will break stuff inside it as a result. (been there, done that, got the prize, although I will say the seecamp service is nothing short of stellar in terms of response time. ) I left mine loaded most of the time too, but that didn't make it's "features" any less annoying.

These guns are a love/hate proposition, there is no middle ground. The only gun I enjoyed getting rid of more than the Seecamp .32 was the AMT Back-UP .380 I had. That was a POS too.... the only props I can give to the Seecamp is that it -looks- well made, and the factory at least attempts to support the owners pretty well. I would strongly suggest anyone considering buying one, to try to bribe a friend who already owns one into test firing with a few mags. You will know within 5 minutes whether or not you can tolerate the gun. I tried to warm up to mine but it never happened. If anything the longer I owned it the more annoyed I got at it. [laugh]

I will also confess that I didn't bother spending all sorts of time trying to contact the company on the jam issues I had. At the time I wasn't carrying it much, and then ended up cleaning it up and consigning the thing- it was a $500 brick of stainless steel to me, nothing more. One consolation prize is I easily got most of my money back out of it because this is one of the few pistols that does not depreciate used, at least when the dealers are dry of new ones, which is most of the time.

Not long ago I fired a Ruger LCP .380, I used the rental at MFL. No, it's not as pretty, but it's cheaper and far more reliable. If I ever get another mousegun, it will be the LCP. The Seecamp is still smaller, but something like an LCP is still easy to conceal, and it actually comes chambered in a significantly more powerful, more effective, and farless expensive, cartridge. (And this coming from me is a big deal, considering I typically hate .380). The design also must be pretty solid, otherwise MFL wouldn't be able to rent one without losing their shirt on the thing- if I was going to make a WAG, they probably just clean it and replace the recoil spring periodically.

-Mike

Last edited:
I've carried the NAA in my back pants pocket for years. The laser slipper squares it off so when you bend over it prints "wallet". I did have to round over some edges to keep the wear down on the pants. Jack.

Emptying a Seecamp

I wasn't real happy with that feature either when I got my Seecamp. Mike, I'm sure you're aware of this, but for anyone who's never had a Seecamp, there's a pretty easy way around this. Behind the trigger is a release...QUOTE]

While that will work, the easy way to unload the gun (and what I believe is recomended in the manual) is to release the magazine letting it drop a bit so the next round won't be chambered and rack the slide ejecting the chambered round.

While that will work, the easy way to unload the gun (and what I believe is recomended in the manual) is to release the magazine letting it drop a bit so the next round won't be chambered and rack the slide ejecting the chambered round.
W.T.F. .... That was way too easy .... I don't do well with directions. Thanks for the input KevinS

I've had my Seecamp jam once and that was not the guns fault.
It was a buldged cartrige case (bad round I guess?).

The Seecamp is a pistol to have when you don't have a "pistol" on your person.
Mine lives on me constantly.
Oh yea, buy and shoot the crap out of cheap Winchester white box 32acp.

smitty

The Seecamp is notorious for being finicky with ammo correct? My NAA. 32acp has been 100% with anything I've fed it. The only reason I'm getting rid of it is because the LCP has filled its spot as an ankle gun.

Back
Top Bottom