• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

School shootings list making rounds on facebook

So I have seen a lot of people sharing this lately on facebook and now I see that CNN is pushing it around and Anderson cooper is doing a segment on it. It is interesting that they refer to these as "common sense laws" and "[FONT=open_sanslight]Communities all over the country live in fear of gun violence". I also find it interesting that they are putting these in the same boat as the Sandy Hook event, to draw a connection in the readers mind that these were all as bad, or a similar scenario.

Then there's this little gem at the very end
"[/FONT]
Incidents were identified through media reports, so this is likely an undercount of the true total."[FONT=open_sanslight]

Have a look, this is the latest thing blasting around social medi
a.[/FONT]

http://everytown.org/article/schoolshootings/

Seems that the map they made shows there aren't many problems in New England...

Last edited:
According to the bottom of the page this is the criteria for what they consider a "school shooting" which seems to increase the #'s in their favor.

"Incidents were classified as school shootings when a firearm was discharged inside a school building or on school or campus grounds, as documented in publicly reported news accounts."

So I have seen a lot of people sharing this lately on facebook and now I see that CNN is pushing it around and Anderson cooper is doing a segment on it. It is interesting that they refer to these as "common sense laws" and "[FONT=open_sanslight]Communities all over the country live in fear of gun violence". I also find it interesting that they are putting these in the same boat as the Sandy Hook event, to draw a connection in the readers mind that these were all as bad, or a similar scenario.

Then there's this little gem at the very end
"[/FONT]
Incidents were identified through media reports, so this is likely an undercount of the true total."[FONT=open_sanslight]

Have a look, this is the latest thing blasting around social medi
a.[/FONT]

http://everytown.org/article/schoolshootings/

Seems that the map they made shows there aren't many problems in New England...

actually the isla vista one isnt on there.

Is my tinfoil hat too tight or am I just seeing things? Does anyone else out there have any suspicions about the incredible rash of shootings happening all over the place? The timing seems so perfect for the antis. I am not calling an all out conspiracy, but it does seem a little too "convenient" for those pushing for our demise.[thinking]

This recent rash of shootings is a direct result of the media elevating these losers onto a platform of infamy. One of the victims families should sue the media outlets for inciting murder.

It's true, the media has to stop mentioning the name of the shooter, his Facebook page and blog, etc. make him a nobody, instead they are turning these nuts into a crazy persons hero! Sure, report the news, but do not make the looser famous because that is what he wants.

They characterize these as school shootings, which evokes images of newtown and intruders... Then if you read further a lotof them sound like fights over girls or turf or drugs... Im sorry, there is a difference between a school shooting, and a shooting that happens to occur at a school... Two meatballs settling a score in a school parking lot is not sandy hook...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every community? I was just in Oklahoma city area for a few days visiting my gf's family, and everyone there, including the woman, are all for having guns and carrying guns. They all did!
Shot some fun guns down there too!

It's true, the media has to stop mentioning the name of the shooter, his Facebook page and blog, etc. make him a nobody, instead they are turning these nuts into a crazy persons hero! Sure, report the news, but do not make the looser famous because that is what he wants.
THIS

Fox keeps mentioning the number 74 school shootings since Sandy Hook. Over inflated?

Journalist Charles C. Johnson dug deeper into Everytown’s data on Tuesday and published his findings on Twitter. He also criticized the fact that the group classified violent disputes and gang-related violence as “school shootings.”“It’s not a school shooting when someone goes and shoots a specific person on campus. It’s a shooting that happens to take place at school,” he wrote.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...america-since-sandy-hook-heres-what-he-found/

I'd go on Facebook and Twitter and post several "Good guy with gun saves lives, Shoots recently paroled MURDERER as he's attempting to rape and MURDER a 17 year old girl aftter breaking into her home" stories...
(which I can undoubtedly find somewhere here in Massachusetts in recent years if I dig through some police logs or maybe a story here on NES - since it probably wouldn't make the mainstream media here in the CommonPuke of LiberChusetts...)

But, then again, FemBook and the Twit would just delete them as "offensive", "insensitive", etc etc etc

Just sayin, y'know?

I have one word that provides a much better explanation and solution than bitching about "the kids today and their video games":

PARENTING

Bingo. Video games and the "culture of violence" is a red herring. Especially amongst these teenagers shooting up the school, the primary focus should be on the parents. If anything media related has a hand in school shootings, or mass shootings in general, it's the 24 hour a day competitive news conglomorate. They glorify and immortalize the killer while dancing on the victim's still warm bodies but giving them no real mention. Go and ask anyone you come across who the killer in Newtown was. I'd bet that greater than nine out of 10 people will give you the correct answer. Ask the same person to name some of the victims. Many people may be able to name one or two, but you'd be hard pressed to find someone who could name five of them. The same thing will be true for every mass murder throughout history. Some no-name loser looking to be famous only has to amass a decent body count and everyone will know his name.

Really annoys me to see this propaganda on the front of the Glob, So glad bloomberg can just buy his way to the front page.

Can anyone compile a list of kids hit by cars near schools or on the way to school? We'll make our own map of School Vehicular Assault epidemic.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Bingo. Video games and the "culture of violence" is a red herring. Especially amongst these teenagers shooting up the school, the primary focus should be on the parents. If anything media related has a hand in school shootings, or mass shootings in general, it's the 24 hour a day competitive news conglomorate. They glorify and immortalize the killer while dancing on the victim's still warm bodies but giving them no real mention. Go and ask anyone you come across who the killer in Newtown was. I'd bet that greater than nine out of 10 people will give you the correct answer. Ask the same person to name some of the victims. Many people may be able to name one or two, but you'd be hard pressed to find someone who could name five of them. The same thing will be true for every mass murder throughout history. Some no-name loser looking to be famous only has to amass a decent body count and everyone will know his name.

Thank you.. As usual, NES'ers tend to be the ones with Values, integrity, and a spine to back it up. Parents don't "parent" they want to be BFFs with their kids.. Who turn into twits, and psychopaths with all the violent media(movies, video games, and heck, the nightly news).

They include incidents such as a drive by gang shooting in the parking low of a Detroit school into a large crowd.

I wouldn't classify that as a school shooting, I'd classify it as gang mayhem. It is the same thing that happens every day in Detroit, almost literally. It just happened to be at a school parking lot that day.

Crime is unevenly distributed throughout the city, with much of the violent crime emanating from selected neighborhoods in the upper east and central west. In 2008, the city unveiled a plan to revitalize these areas which include 7-Mile/Livernois, Brightmoor, East English Village, Grand River/Greenfield, North-End, and Osborn.[3][4] A Michigan Metropolitan Information Center study has routinely shown crime in Downtown Detroit (CBD) is much lower than national, state and metro averages.[5] In 2013 there were 333 murders in Detroit.

I have one word that provides a much better explanation and solution than bitching about "the kids today and their video games":

PARENTING

I parent by not allowing my children to rot their brains by playing one-person shooter games which desensitize them to violence. I don't let them watch Tarantino movies either. And I make sure they clean their rooms, use their manners and eat all their dinner. I don't let them beat each other up and I don't let them bully their friends or their siblings. I make them responsible for their actions.

There is a "culture of violence" in this country. The anti-rape groups (for lack of a better term) call it a "culture of rape" but that is incorrect. It is violence. And it is not directed against any one sex by the other. It is all sexes, races, religions. Violence in of itself is not necessarily a bad thing. Controlled violence does serve a purpose. But violence is always the solution in our culture. TV and Hollywood make money off violence and it is everywhere. We have always been a violent country. But it now saturates every aspect of everything we do. And the news media is also very happy to shove it down our throats and glamorize it at every opportunity.

Yes, there is a general lack of parenting in this country. As there is also a lack of civility, civic responsibility, respect for others and a poor work ethic. There is a lot of narcissism and entitlement. But a lack of parenting does not turn a child in to a vengeance seeking, homicidal maniac. Your environment is critical to your development. If you take a single mother of a poor black kid in Chicago and leave him in that culture, chances are great he will become a drug dealer and a violent criminal. If you put the exact same kid into Pullman Washington, he'll probably get a decent education and grow up to be something worthwhile.

There is a serious lack of sound parenting in this country.

The root of crime is in the home.

If you don't teach your kids ethics, morals, and doing the right thing, all is lost.

The prisons are filled with parenting failures.

I literally have a head ache from the full blown tard conversations I have been having with people on FB about that god damn list. At one point some stupid cow chimed in and said this :
2nd amendment.PNG
in case you cant see the image she writes
Owning a gun was never a RIGHT! Read the second amendment. it was never intended to be a right! How is that so hard to except! The people who wrote that amendment had muskets and guns that took 5 minutes to load.....it was never intended for individuals!

as you can imagine I just about blew a gasket. I may actually leave work early my head hurts so much now is this how people wind up on blood preasure medicine? can I get some over the counter? UGH

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom