School shootings list making rounds on facebook

The horizon elementary school "shooting" was on a saturday, involving a group of teens playing basketball at the outside court.

They're including things that no rational person would call a "school shooting" to drum up hysteria.

I've spot checked a few and some do appear to be actual school shootings but some are quite dubious....like this one:

63.4/21/2014GriffithINSt. Mary Catholic SchoolK-12

The reality is some guy shot his ex wife in a school parking lot after school hours.

http://posttrib.suntimes.com/news/l...ing-outside-griffith-school.html#.U5jEwRBA45Y

I'm sure the list is littered with things like this. But, as the general public consists largely of low information morons, Moms/Everytown are trying get them to believe there have been 74 Sandy Hooks, and a large segment of the population will take it at face value.

They're including things that no rational person would call a "school shooting" to drum up hysteria.

I've spot checked a few and some do appear to be actual school shootings but some are quite dubious....like this one:

63.4/21/2014GriffithINSt. Mary Catholic SchoolK-12

The reality is some guy shot his ex wife in a school parking lot after school hours.

http://posttrib.suntimes.com/news/l...ing-outside-griffith-school.html#.U5jEwRBA45Y

I'm sure the list is littered with things like this. But, as the general public consists largely of low information morons, Moms/Everytown are trying get them to believe there have been 74 Sandy Hooks, and a large segment of the population will take it at face value.

The headline is what most people will read and remember. They don't give a damn about the details, and since most media outlets won't report that the list is complete bullshit, the majority of people will never hear anything different.

The criteria Bloomberg's lackeys used in compiling the list was "A gun was discharged on school grounds and it made the news". By that definition, if the school has a rifle or pistol team that was featured on the evening news (say for winning the state championship), then it counts as a school shooting.

According to the bottom of the page this is the criteria for what they consider a "school shooting" which seems to increase the #'s in their favor.

"Incidents were classified as school shootings when a firearm was discharged inside a school building or on school or campus grounds, as documented in publicly reported news accounts."
so that DEA agent who shot himself in the leg was a school shootings?

The sad part is that all the polls, news coverage, social media and the like just fuel more of these shootings. In these shit stains' mind's, they see that they are the center of national attention every time they commit a shooting. The attention they receive just makes more f**ked up mental cases want to hurt people.

The sad part is that all the polls, news coverage, social media and the like just fuel more of these shootings. In these shit stains' mind's, they see that they are the center of national attention every time they commit a shooting. The attention they receive just makes more f**ked up mental cases want to hurt people.

Yep. The lamestream media's motto should be "Go on a rampage, we'll make you famous".

Complete hypocrites. The Stericycle incinerators have been creamating millions of children murdered by the abortion industry.

The left are complete hypocrites. Their fascination with abortion is beyond me.

Fox keeps mentioning the number 74 school shootings since Sandy Hook. Over inflated?

Even if it was 100% accurate it is blown way out of proportion. I wonder what the total death toll is for these 74 "school shootings"? I'd bet that Chicago has more murders in a single year.

I can't help but thinking this: there were 19 hijackers on 9/11 right? How hard would be to assemble 19 men again and have synchronized school shootings all across America? Operationally speaking, it's much easier than the hijacking.

We can kiss all of our freedoms good-bye if that were to happen.

Last edited:
According to the bottom of the page this is the criteria for what they consider a "school shooting" which seems to increase the #'s in their favor.

"Incidents were classified as school shootings when a firearm was discharged inside a school building or on school or campus grounds, as documented in publicly reported news accounts."

So if some dude got shitfaced and started plinking soup cans off of a soccer net in the school fields at 11pm, that's a "school shooting"? What about a school resource officer who ND's in his office?

How about the stats require a shooter to have some malicious intent? Naw, that wouldn't make for as nice a list.

If one really took 10 minutes to dive in and examine that list you would see only 20% are actual shootings. The rest are some sort of firearm incident. This is anothwr case of Bloombergs sheep just putting out BS with the goal it will be taken as fact. Even CNN eventually admitted the data was F'd up

Sent from the blind

This made-up B.S. comes from Bloomberg and his useful idiots. I believe they were the same dopes who listed the Boston Marathon bomber as a victim of gun violence. This is just another example of how propaganda is utilized and distributed.

Eventually, the facts always catch up to them.

Maybe not the best place to drop this, but didn't think it deserves its own thread. Next time some anti says "if it saves just one life"... point them at this:

http://natick.patch.com/groups/tren...707452?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook
From 2003 to 2012, more than 47,000 people, many of them children, were hit and killed while walking outdoors. An estimated 676,000 were injured. Meanwhile, the number of adults who said they walked for transportation grew 6 percent from 2005 to 2010.

Alissa Walker, of Gizmodo, writes in a recent article that our streets “are enabling our vehicles to become death machines.”

Report: Dangerous by Design
http://www.smartgrowthamerica.org/documents/dangerous-by-design-2014/dangerous-by-design-2014.pdf

Here's another great story circulating around. I actually caught this because someone I know that is anti gun posted it!

How We All Miss the Point on School Shootings

http://markmanson.net/school-shootings

Excerpt:
[FONT=baskerville_fs_regularregular]By 1999, there had already been a series of school shootings across the United States. But Eric wasn’t interested in those. They were small-time jobs, amateur hour. Eric was far more interested in Timothy McVeigh’s [/FONT]bombing[FONT=baskerville_fs_regularregular] of the Oklahoma City federal building, which killed 168 and injured 600. Eric wanted to top that. But he didn’t just want to top the body count, he wanted to top the notoriety, the fame, the horror. He wanted to terrorize people and he understood that his best weapon was not the guns he secretly purchased or the bombs he built in his basement — it was television. He would not kill jocks or preps, he would kill indiscriminately, because that’s what caused the most fear and got the most attention. He wouldn’t just blow up the school, but he’d blow up the parking lot, the police cars and the firefighters and the journalists who rushed to the scene. He would, quite literally, go out with a bang, the shockwaves of which, carried by mass media and the internet, would reverberate through the world for decades.
[/FONT]

Maybe not the best place to drop this, but didn't think it deserves its own thread. Next time some anti says "if it saves just one life"... point them at this:

http://natick.patch.com/groups/tren...707452?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Report: Dangerous by Design
http://www.smartgrowthamerica.org/documents/dangerous-by-design-2014/dangerous-by-design-2014.pdf

Please don't. Although I know the point you're trying to make, that's more fodder for the safety-bubble idealists that think we should all ride bicycles and trains. Many pedestrian deaths could be avoided if pedestrians just stopped walking in front of moving cars as if they were in a Sherman tank.

I have a theory that crosswalks and associated crosswalk laws cause a lot of pedestrian collisions. I've never checked it but I just don't understand way a pedestrian should act with right-of-way. Too many lean on the principle and assume a car is going to stop.

Back
Top Bottom