School me on night vision.

Thank you all for detailed and valuable responses!

Where do I go looking for used gear? Is there something like NES Classifieds for night vision stuff?
NES is where I'd check first but nvg stuff isn't big here. I've gotten most of my used gear on Tacswap.com or reddit GAFS. Be smart though because it's easy to get scammed. I've bought everything from a ballistic helmet to nvg mounts used. I've never purchased used tubes. I'm averse to buying used tubes without seeing it in person but that's just me.

Edit - also snipershide.com

@40 Creedmoor fan are you on Facebook?
Join these pages.

Night Vision Soltions, buy, sell, trade

Night Vision users group 2.0

AR15.com also has a night vision forum as well as an equipment exchange to buy and sell.
Equipment exchange, night vision

Be caution of buying from random people. Most are good people and you can find some good deals, but there can also be scammers.
Check people feedback, ask for vouches of individuals from previous deals, ask for pictures and proof that the seller actually has the item in their possession and aren’t using someone else’s pics.

I was just browsing eBay. Definitely don’t buy anything that doesn’t show you what it looks like through it. I lost the link. It wasn’t a terrible price but holy shit was it Speckley. I wouldn’t buy it, but it’s on the lower price range, but it’s clearly been used the hell.

Then you got this guy it’s a decent price on the unit. I don’t know anything about that particular manufacturer I go with the real guys doesn’t show an image of what it looks like and says it’s new. It’s never been used.
Well guess what buddy you bought it so it’s already used and you’re telling me he never turned it on?

If you look at it close, he bought it for a little over 4k, selling it for a little bit of a loss but this is the shit you gotta watch out for. Take a look around at the prices and the quality. You have to know what you’re getting.There’s so many factors to consider that’s why I glad I shelled out the money, but I’m gonna keep it for my lifetime

I paid top dollar for mine with excellent specifications that match between the two tubes they’re flawless. You don’t need them to be flawless, but you definitely don’t want to spend all that money and realize you could’ve spent less money and got a better one.

Edit. I already have enough eye floaters. I don’t need some of my night vision too.

I bought my PVS-7 off AR 15 from known person.
They are flawless.. I could probably sell them for $1200 more than I bought them for

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom