• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

School me on AK47's

The only experience I have with the Ak platform is my Zastava PAP original import by EAA, before the monkeys from Century took over importing.

Came with a poly thumbhole stock, crowned barrel, single stack configuration. Now it's totally converted.

All I know is if you want to have a sparce supply of add ons and accessories for an Ak variant, buy a Yugo. Lol.

The only experience I have with the Ak platform is my Zastava PAP original import by EAA, before the monkeys from Century took over importing.

Came with a poly thumbhole stock, crowned barrel, single stack configuration. Now it's totally converted.

All I know is if you want to have a sparce supply of add ons and accessories for an Ak variant, buy a Yugo. Lol.

060602c06453d7ba70122cc483c210a2.jpg

I suspect this is an a'hole question. Are these "conversions" something to do with Mass. compliance?

No some aks like saigas comes in with no pistol grip , trigger mounted near the rear non military style hand guards etc . Or single stack mag well.
So you convert it to be more like a military issue ak.

I suspect this is an a'hole question. Are these "conversions" something to do with Mass. compliance?

Nope. The conversion is making a single stack mag well able to accept a double by opening the well in the body. Century really doesn't follow the pattern to well and mostly opens it to much and causes a wobble as there are no dimples (indents on the sides of the reciver to hold the mag in place. See my past postin image, no dimples). P.S. Not all of us a M*******s.

Back
Top Bottom